Phone Hacking Arrests

Brophs

The One and Only
Aye, when I'm having the wool pulled over my eyes I want to know it's being done as efficiently as possible.

Also, did anyone see when the camera panned from Brooks and one of the guys was picking his nose with his little finger? That was weird.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Maybe he has small or deformed nostrils? Did you think about that?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
A world where someone should not be prejudiced purely for their nose-finger preference.

99 red balloons

Argh. She's such a snake. You can tell she's wanted to tell him to get f**ked about 200 times - but has had to bite her tongue because she's not in a position where she can bully people at the moment.

Neutral

BTV
Prime Minister David Cameron signed texts to Rebekah Brooks LOL, which he thought meant “lots of love”, Mrs Brooks, a former chief executive of News International, told the Leveson inquiry into the press.

She said they would each text each other “on occasion”. She told him LOL actually meant “laugh out loud” and he stopped using it, she said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/brooks-...ges-from-pm-20120511-1yi2j.html#ixzz1uaaOQYvW

:lol:

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Prime Minister David Cameron signed texts to Rebekah Brooks LOL, which he thought meant “lots of love”, Mrs Brooks, a former chief executive of News International, told the Leveson inquiry into the press.

She said they would each text each other “on occasion”. She told him LOL actually meant “laugh out loud” and he stopped using it, she said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/brooks-...ges-from-pm-20120511-1yi2j.html#ixzz1uaaOQYvW

That reminds me of when in the 2005 election campaign somebody tried to explain to Michael Howard that he had been endorsed by Busted, the endorsement turning out to be a joke.

Drifter

American
Rebekah Brooks charge decision due

Rebekah Brooks and her husband, Charlie, will be told on Tuesday if they are to be charged with perverting the course of justice.

A solicitor for the couple said they would be informed shortly before 10:00 BST, when they answer police bail.

An announcement on the former News International chief executive and her husband would then be made public.

The BBC understands five others will also be told whether they are to face charges over the phone-hacking scandal.

Not holding my breath.

Drifter

American
They are to be charged with perverting the course of justice .Just announced.

2Bullish

Never in my wildest dreams did I think she would be charged.

Having said that, this has all the markings of a "yes we spent 3 million of the publics money on bringing charges, and yes, no convictions have been made but we thought we had a case"

Easier to pass the buck to the CPS and, then fail, than to leave themselves open to a cover up.

bsc

Brooks called a presser there to condemn the 'witch hunt' and how innocent people around her have been dragged into this.

IRONY ALERT

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
:lol: From one of the guys on the Football Ramble:
Charlie and Rebekah Brooks moaning about 'biased media coverage and commentary'? Ain't that a bitch.
I don't think they understand irony...

bsc

NYT running the story now.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/20...bstructing-justice/?smid=tw-thelede&seid=auto

Video on there of Brooks' speech.

You don't really(well I don't, anyway) grasp the seriousness of it all, and just how badly it looks for Cameron, until you read it from an outsider's perspective.

As my colleagues Alan Cowell and John F. Burns report, Rebekah Brooks, the former head of Rupert Murdoch’s British newspaper empire and a close friend of Prime Minister David Cameron, faced charges on Tuesday that she, her husband and four others conspired “to pervert the course of justice” during a police investigation of illegal phone-hacking by tabloid journalists.
Chris Hope for the Tele had this article up shortly after the decision. Makes some good points

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...hang-over-Government-until-next-election.html

Drifter

American
Blair getting heckled .Someone came in calling him a war criminal.So much for security.

MJLD

He's not a war criminal, never committed war crimes and was never tried for them. Disagree with the war all you want, don't buy into propaganda spouted by the likes of George Galloway.

MJLD

I don't buy into the propaganda. If someone wants to try him for war crimes, then I'll accept it. Thing is, he hasn't committed any.