Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Similar to how Poch made his mind up about mount without ever seeing him once in training…but we seen something he didn’t…and the guy loved deli Ali who had a similar skill set…Maybe we ain’t so great at judging.
Poch wanted Mount to stay.

Xaviboy

I like this transfer. Fit straight in, knows the premier league. Good on ball and solid off it. Always works hard.

At moment we come up against any good side our midfield going to get tore to shreds.

I'd rather see him in beside Casemiro and them Bruno as advanced midfielder in the big games.

If we get him in for a good fee then I feel be good addition.

Judas

Open to offers
Similar to how Poch made his mind up about mount without ever seeing him once in training…but we seen something he didn’t…and the guy loved deli Ali who had a similar skill set…Maybe we ain’t so great at judging.
Eh? Chelsea wanted to keep Mount didn’t they? He wanted out. Weird little made up narrative.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't see how getting involved with Daniel Levy with 3 days left in the window can result in a positive outcome.
It has to be nonsense. Getting involved with Levy for a player not even good enough for Spurs would be a new low.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I don’t think we should be signing 28 year olds unless they’re elite - the age profile of our midfield is already on the upper scale. I can see a loan making sense but not sure Spurs want him gone that much.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It has to be nonsense. Getting involved with Levy for a player not even good enough for Spurs would be a new low.
You couldn’t make it up could you.Not good enough for Spurs, but will fix our problems.

I’m guessing that they will want £25-£30 million for him. Surely there’s better midfielders out there for that money?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I like him, feel as though he's getting a bit harshly judged - ability wise is a very good player. The fee will obviously be the determining factor here - wouldn't want to spend much. Then again, Spurs didn't spend a lot on him, so will be a healthy profit for them at this point.

RuudTom83

Not every signing has to be some wonderkid with generational talent (or whatever the current buzzword is)

The midfield needs a bit more muscle and from the little I've seen of Hojbjerg he would add that at least.

Giggsyking

Always hated him every time we played them (a compliment to him). Surprisingly press resistant, annoying defensive presence for opponents, great at winning the ball back, PL proven - and sometimes scores too, think he is a smart signing for cover. Provides a lot of tactical flexibility to United.

To everyone saying "Oh well if he's so good why does Spurs want rid of him?" it's because he expressed that he wanted to leave this summer and has been trying to secure a transfer to Atletico for months. Obviously when a key player expresses to a new manager that they want to leave, it's not a great idea to make him a part of your long term planning.

Good player, PL experience, good age, position of need, workhorse, loved by his former managers, been a leader in the dressing room at two consecutive clubs now.
He was a donkey in the last match he played against us last season at OT.

Plastic Evra

You couldn’t make it up could you.Not good enough for Spurs, but will fix our problems.

I’m guessing that they will want £25-£30 million for him. Surely there’s better midfielders out there for that money?
Is there though ? I am looking this summer signings in DM and CM and I don't see a lot of unimpeachable names at that price range.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I suppose he'd be an upgrade to Mctominay atleast.

Giggsyking

The club always amazes me on how low can we go, it feels like we have been saying this sentence "new low" a lot lately.

Giggsyking

Is there though ? I am looking this summer signings in DM and CM and I don't see a lot of unimpeachable names at that price range.
Didn't Brighton sign Caiciedo for 5m. I would rather someone exciting and potentially to be a huge talent than a donkey with no brain like this dude. Its like we dont even have a scout system ffs.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He’s a decent if not underwhelming player, just don’t put him under pressure or litterally shites himself. He does a lot of shouting and pointing. He’s not in our plans and we need rid of a lot of dead wood. £20-£25 million il be very happy.
He isn't good enough for you. Great mentality, leader in the dressing room etc, good reader of the game so he intercepts well and a pretty good passer but let down massively by his lack of any kind of physicality; no strength, pace and more importantly lack of any sort of press resistance whatsoever which nullifies a lot of his strengths. He can't shift the ball well enough to get himself into a position to execute a killer pass, wriggle out of a tight spot, or anything a top player in his position can do which makes him an easy target for opposing teams to press.

He isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination but he won't work in a team that wants to be progressive with the ball; there's a reason Atleti / Simeone have been the biggest admirers of him this summer.
Pfft, what do Spurs fans know about Hojbjerg. They've only been watching him for 3 seasons.

Giggsyking

I suppose he'd be an upgrade to Mctominay atleast.
He wouldn't, and this is coming from someone who desperately want Mctominay out. Mctominay is far better than him progressing with the ball and also a far better goal threat. I would not touch this guy.

Lyng

He wouldn't, and this is coming from someone who desperately want Mctominay out. Mctominay is far better than him progressing with the ball and also a far better goal threat. I would not touch this guy.
Defensively Pierre Emil is better and he is a better passer. So as a backup for Casemiro he would be better than McTominay, but otherwise you are correct.
Amrabat is worse than all of them though, so there is that.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Pfft, what do Spurs fans know about Hojbjerg. They've only been watching him for 3 seasons.
It doesn't need Spurs fans to explain this, if you've seen him play for them then you'll know he's very average. When Spurs are seemingly willing to play ball with us, just before deadline, for a minimal fee, then you know something is up. That's because they're probably ecstatic to be getting even that small fee for him.

RedUnited86

Maybe, just maybe..this makes sense?

Højbjerg isn't like Mount where he's going to want to get forward at every opportunity leaving Casemiro isolated, he'll be happy to sit alongside him and move up through possession. He's passing is underrated, composed and he's very good dropping into different positions to receive the ball. Not that it should be used as any sort of barometer, but he's certainly a level up on Fred.

For the right price, he'd be a decent buy.

Idxomer

We don't need another sluggish and awkward midfielder on the ball.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The standards are so mediocre at the club now that people are convincing themselves that McTominay and Hojbjerg are good players.
They're not good players. Sure they show a great attitude and mentality at times but, when it boils down to actual talent/ ability, they aren't so great.

Cliché, but they wouldn't get into the other top six sides, one of which being Spurs who seem content in moving Hojberg on.

Honestly, how have we got here ? in the last remaining days of the transfer window and we've still not done anything to improve the central area of the pitch yet-a-fecking-again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The standards are so mediocre at the club now that people are convincing themselves that McTominay and Hojbjerg are good players.
They're not good players. Sure they show a great attitude and mentality at times but, when it boils down to actual talent/ ability, they aren't so great.

Cliché, but they wouldn't get into the other top six sides, one of which being Spurs who seem content in moving Hojberg on.

Honestly, how have we got here ? in the last remaining days of the transfer window and we've still not done anything to improve the central area of the pitch yet-a-fecking-again.
Its to improve the squad rather than the first XI so I don't think it's that big an issue.

Plastic Evra

Reading a Spurs forum, quite a few people think he'd be a better 8 than 6 and he suffered as a lone man 6, so that's definitely a theme :nervous:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Its to improve the squad rather than the first XI so I don't think it's that big an issue.
How's signing a average player improving the squad ?

You sign good players that improve the first 11 , that's how you improve the squad.

Thiagoal

If our interest is genuine then I really have no idea with what ETH’s vision is for United. When he came I assumed we’d be a possession based side with high energy and pressing. Going after FDJ made sense. Now we get linked with midfield plodders that have limited technical ability! I’m sure there must be other midfielders in the world with FDJ’s attributes?

flappyjay

I'd have agreed with you, but in an effort to cope with the last few days of the window and all the shite we'll be linked with, I looked up his stats...

I thought he was basically a pure midfield destroyer, but his passing and possession stats are actually shockingly decent:

He's not exactly going to be Frenkie de Jong, but he's really not too far from the profile of the player you'd want between Casemiro and Bruno at all.
I saw him play for Denmark in the Euros a couple of years ago and he was playing further forward than at Spurs, I was shocked at how good he was on the ball. I think the ideal mid in our situation is someone who can be a Casemiro backup but also be able to play alongside him. If we use him like Denmark he can contribute alongside Casemiro.