Piers Morgan hired to launch Rupert Murdoch TV station talkTV

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...ed-to-launch-rupert-murdoch-tv-station-talktv

Rupert Murdoch’s News UK has announced plans to launch a national television station called talkTV, which will be a rival to the floundering GB News and provide a platform for the return of Piers Morgan.

The company said talkTV will go on air early next year and be available as a stream for Smart TVs and as a traditional television channel, with the company intending to spend the large sum required to secure slots on Freeview, FreeSat, Virgin Media and Sky.
Finally, what the world needs more Murdoch and Piers. Can't wait, I will be watching day one wearing my Piers Morgan kit

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
We’ve managed to starve Jim Davidson of publicity, why can’t we do the same for Piers Moron?

Dan_F

I just long for the day when we can live in a world without Piers Morgan and James Corden
I don’t even put them in the same category. Corden is annoying and all, but Piers Morgan is actually a real problem with his viewpoints.

SirAF

Ageist
Fox, New York Post and The Sun. All the fecking worst :lol:

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
I don’t even put them in the same category. Corden is annoying and all, but Piers Morgan is actually a real problem with his viewpoints.
I don’t disagree. Corden is annoying but harmless. Moron can influence and has some very questionable views that he likes to influence.

However, we cannot forget that Corden is basically the worst thing since Hitler.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
When will he die?

I originally meant Murdoch, but Piers can go too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I for one think it's about time Rupert Murdoch and Piers Morgan had their say.

LARulz

This is interesting. They just a few months ago shelved the launch of the official news channel on TV and now bring this out

I get it will be a 'low budget' thing and probably not on all TV platforms but still very odd. It's like a news channel light but online or whatever else they throw themselves onto

All I know is GB News is fecked

Wolverine

There are some health care workers and left wing commentators who thought his "grilling" of MPs on GMB during pandemic was great. While intentions were good (wanting to show govt incompetent) I found his Paxman-impersonating abrasive "crossing arms" demeanour and gotcha style of questioning didn't actually get to the core of the issues nor resolve anything, and it was ultimately pointless since they all boycotted.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
How are these cnuts always on tv

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I actually think Piers is alright when you agree with him. He held the government to account more than anyone during Covid and I agree with his stance on some other things as well.

I think the issue is that he's so overbearing in any debate he's involved with. He loves the sound of his own voice too much.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I actually think Piers is alright when you agree with him. He held the government to account more than anyone during Covid and I agree with his stance on some other things as well.

I think the issue is that he's so overbearing in any debate he's involved with. He loves the sound of his own voice too much.
He's that influential ? I thought everybody considered him to be that loud moron on TV with only the fringes actually being impacted by him.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Bellend Joins Conservative Media To Target More Muppets

Is that too long for a headline?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It is, that's why I push a granny down the stairs everyday. I was born in the 19th century but I don't look a day over 50.
To be fair, grannies must have done some evil in this world too to live that long

diarm

I'd love to think that everyone could ignore him. Let him launch a comeback on this shit new tv channel and see how quickly he gets bored of preaching to the feckwits who agree with him all day.

What gets him off is the outrage generated by people disagreeing with him. Don't give him the satisfaction of that and you starve him of the attention he needs to survive. Fox News and some new Murdoch channel should be skipped past while channel surfing in much the same way religious and shopping channels are for most, sane people.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He's that influential ? I thought everybody considered him to be that loud moron on TV with only the fringes actually being impacted by him.
He's more popular in the UK than people think he is. It's just that the people who dislike him...really dislike him. He's marmite.

Boycott

The failings of GB News is a heartening thing to watch. At least it shows to some extent that running an agenda based on being against "wokeness" and bottom of the barrel culture war nonsense isn't sticking to the majority of the public. They brought Farage on to try and kickstart the channel but even his ratings have plummeted very quickly.

The people who do watch this stuff or fester in the comments of Daily Mail gutter pieces are a very loud, very obnoxious minority. They think of themselves as some sort of silent majority which is hilarious. Piers Morgan appeals to those low-lives. His last TV show was centred entirely around his outrages and whatever was trending on social media as if that is an indication of what really matters. It got him viral moments but for all his attention seeking that program still lost in the ratings battle to BBC Breakfast which critics have said has been dying for at least ten years.

Trequarista10

I doubt Morgan has any opinions that extend beyond whatever gets him the most coverage. He's an absolute cretin, unfortunately.
Spot on, was going to post just exactly this.

The man doesn't have a genuine bone in his body. He doesn't truly have an opinion on anything because he doesn't actually care about anything. He is a hollow shell of a human being who possesses zero empathy for any other human being, so of course its impossible for him to develop any genuine belief, opinion or values beyond whatever suits him in the moment.

Agreeing or disagreeing with Piers Morgan on any particular topic is a completely redundant exercise.

King Eric 7

The man isn't dead yet?
Covid has an appaling track record for not wiping out the likes of Donald Trump, Piers Morgan, Boris Johnson etc. Three obese feckers who wouldn't be missed at all and they are still here :(

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Covid has an appaling track record for not wiping out the likes of Donald Trump, Piers Morgan, Boris Johnson etc. Three obese feckers who wouldn't be missed at all and they are still here :(
Talking about Murdoch even. How is he still alive? One of the most destructive men in the last 100 years.

King Eric 7

Talking about Murdoch even. How is he still alive? One of the most destructive men in the last 100 years.
Oh haha. Yeah Murdoch is getting on a bit to say the least. He's a decent shout for the celebrity death pool thread I reckon.