Film Pixar

Sigma

They make such great movies, all of them with the exception of 2 are great movies imo, some are even better than that. As I've seen all of them I thought I would give a ranking of my preference.

1. Monsters inc
2. Toy story 3
3. Up
4. The Incredibles
5. Toy Story
6. Finding Nemo
7. Ratatouille
8. Wall-e
9. Monsters University
10. Inside out
11. Brave
12. Toy Story 2
13. A Bugs Life
14. Cars
15. Cars 2

So hard to rank from 1-13 as like I said they are all great movies imo. So what's you're favorite Pixar films?

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
They are fantastic, one of the best movie producers for sure given their consistency. Think I've seen them all except Cars 2 and Entangled (think thats a Pixar movie), and they're pretty much all fantastic.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wall-E is the most impressive of their films (though I haven't seen Inside Out yet).

Skizzo

They are fantastic, one of the best movie producers for sure given their consistency. Think I've seen them all except Cars 2 and Entangled (think thats a Pixar movie), and they're pretty much all fantastic.
Tangled? That wasnt Pixar. Walt Disney animation studios.

Raptori

Special needs
Haven't seen Inside Out yet, but love most of the other ones (Cars can feck off though). Cannot wait for the Incredibles sequel, that was the best superhero film ever.

Skizzo

Haven't seen Inside Out yet, but love most of the other ones (Cars can feck off though). Cannot wait for the Incredibles sequel, that was the best superhero film ever.
If they stopped making sequels to Cars, and made the Incredibles sequel instead....everyone would have been happier.

Skizzo

Personally I like 'A Bugs Life'

As a father of 4 (aged 15 down to 2) I would have to say 'Nemo' and 'Monsters Inc' are the best though.
My daughter loves the Monsters Inc ride, and there's never a line (which is fantastic) so we always ride it over and over again. That, and the Little Mermaid ride.

Sigma

If they stopped making sequels to Cars, and made the Incredibles sequel instead....everyone would have been happier.
I'm pretty sure they are making an Incredibles sequel, idk when it will be out though. It should have been out years before, especially considering the ending of The Incredibles that insinuated a sequel and also the fact that it has such a big fan base.

Last edited:

Skizzo

I'm pretty sure they are making an Incredibles squeal, idk when it will be out though. It should have been out years before, especially considering the ending of The Incredibles that insinuated a squeal and also the fact that it has such a big fan base.

2016 I believe they're aiming for.

Not to mention Cars 3 and Toy Story 4

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Love Pixar!

This was tweeted by one of their directors a couple of months ago:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Toy Story 4? Thought 3 wrapped everything up perfectly but Pixar have an almost perfect hit-rate so it should be good.

Wall-E would be my favourite.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Pixar are great, I love 4 of their films (Ratatouille, Up, Inside Out and The Incredibles), and most of the rest are decent too. But that tweet shows 4 of the upcoming 6 are sequels, would prefer they just keep making new original films right.

Jev

1. Up
2. Toy Story 3
3. Wall-E
4. Toy Story 2
5. Ratatouille
6. The Incredibles
7. Finding Nemo
8. Inside Out
9. Monsters Inc.
10. Toy Story
11. Monsters University
12. Cars
13. A Bug's Life
14. Brave
15. Cars 2

I love Pixar. They've only made two pretty bad movies in Brave and Cars 2. The top nine is ridiculously close. The quality jumps are between 14 and 13, between 10 and 9 and then a smaller one between 5 and 4.

Rewatched most of them recently and was particularly surprised at how great Toy Story 2 is, I remembered it as being unspectacular.

Last edited:

diarm

Took the nieces and a few of their mates to see Inside Out yesterday and I must say it was very good. Really clever way to look at depression and personal development for youngsters. They've some incredibly talented people working at Pixar.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

Revan

Assumptionman
They're brilliant. Not Studio Gimli brilliant, but still brilliant.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Pretty sure Cars 2 and Planes had bugger all to do with Pixar

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
They're definitely building one hell of a body of work. The consistency of their stuff is impressive - you have a few masterpieces along the way (imo), a bunch of excellent films, and a couple that are quite forgettable. Also, their sequels don't ruin the franchises but mostly build on the successes of their predecessors (Toy Story mainly).

Sigma

What's the issue with cars?! In saying that while it may be argued it's a good film, both it and toy story were made primarily to sell toys. Just like transformers cartoon.
Yeah, I don't get what was so bad about Cars? I personally liked it.
The films don't have any wit or charm. Couple that with one of the most annoying characters ever in Mater and you've not got a bad film, just a film that's a bit... meh. Every Pixar movies needs a memorable character, this one has one, and he's memorable for the wrong reason.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Up is my favourite out of the lot of them, it's a really moving film. Then it has to be the Toy Story trilogy, all equally as good as one another. Almost bloody cried at the end of III :lol: Had to be strong for my boys.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think Wall-E is a phenomenal film... especially the first 30/45 minutes or so which, in my opinion, are extraodinary.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I thought Up peaked early with that relationship montage scene, the rest of the film didn't quite match that level.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I thought Up peaked early with that relationship montage scene, the rest of the film didn't quite match that level.
Yeah, second half of Up was generic cartoon adventure shtick. Not very special at all. Wall-E followed a similar arc IMO. Superb opening half hour or so, bit generic from then on.

Inside Out is terrific though. Being talked of as the first animation ever to get a nod for Best Picture at the Oscars. A long shot but wouldn't be the worst decision if it was.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Cars is okay but the sequels are money grabbers due to the insane amount of money they make. If you consider that money helps to fund the amazing work they do with the other things it makes it a bit better.

Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo, Up, Wall•E and A Bug's Life are my favourites, can't choose between them.

Bugzy

I loved cars 1&2. I didn't like the planes movie. I didn't like WallE. Would love another incredibles. That was great

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Feel like I need to watch Wall-E.

Up is pretty boring/ generic after the first ten minutes. The Toy Story films, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles are masterpieces.