Film Pixar

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
They just have the magic almost impossible to define. Ratatouille is so good.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I saw this Pixar tribute video ages ago - think it's incredible! A good story in the About section on YouTube as well!

Sigma

I saw this Pixar tribute video ages ago - think it's incredible! A good story in the About section on YouTube as well!

That's a brilliant video. It reminds of how good and funny some of their shorts are. The recent one though, for Inside Out - Lava - is all over the place.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I absolutely love Pixar films, in particular, the Toy Story series, as I grew up with that.
I watched Inside out last week and must say it was a really good film. Especially the advert memory haha

But I do love how they cater for the adults, with little inside jokes etc.
Weirdly though, I've never seen Finding Nemo or Wall-E, and I just never have the urge for them two. My girlfriend keeps asking if we can watch them, but I always dismiss them, and I don't know why :confused:

Sigma

I absolutely love Pixar films, in particular, the Toy Story series, as I grew up with that.
I watched Inside out last week and must say it was a really good film. Especially the advert memory haha

But I do love how they cater for the adults, with little inside jokes etc.
Weirdly though, I've never seen Finding Nemo or Wall-E, and I just never have the urge for them two. My girlfriend keeps asking if we can watch them, but I always dismiss them, and I don't know why :confused:
You really should watch them, they are brilliant films and also quite emotional in places. You'll enjoy them. Not to mention Dory is one of the funniest characters you could possibly get.

Big Andy

Bloke
Biggest plot hole ever though...there's the blue haired annoying bint, holding these core memories that need to go back up to HQ..."Oh no, we can't get back there"

Then those 2 miner blokes are stood right next to them, and they're sending that chewing gum memory up to HQ for a giggle, by just popping it into a tube, and up it goes...

Why not do that with the core memories then, eh? Why fanny about trying to get there on a train/tightrope walking across the island things?

I just resent this film as it's cost me a fortune in tickets, and all the fecking toys that go with it...

Kag

Up, Toy Story and Monsters are probably my top three.

And the short Geri's Game. Brilliant.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Not really. It was already founded before he got involved after leaving Apple.
  1. In 1986, Jobs acquired the computer graphics division of Lucasfilm Ltd. and renamed it Pixar Animation Studios. He remained CEO and majority shareholder at 50.1% until its acquisition by The Walt Disney Company on May 5, 2006.

http://pixar.wikia.com/wiki/Steve_Jobs

This is what I'm reading.

Skizzo

1. In 1986, Jobs acquired the computer graphics division of Lucasfilm Ltd. and renamed it Pixar Animation Studios. He remained CEO and majority shareholder at 50.1% until its acquisition by The Walt Disney Company on May 5, 2006.

http://pixar.wikia.com/wiki/Steve_Jobs

This is what I'm reading.
Depends how we're defining it I guess, although the department he purchased had already existed for 7 years prior to his purchase. John Lasseter was the one who talked him into making Toy Story, since he was still having them churn out software. He was, though, obviously a big reason why they are so big today through his original funding and involvement, and patience throughout projects.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Cannot wait for Incredibles 2.
Can't say I have a favorite. Cars is probably the only one I don't particularly like. But I watched that yonks ago, I'll probably find it good if I watch it again. Haven't seen Cars 2, either.

But yeah, Incredibles 2 is going to break records.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
For me:

1. Wall-e
2. Up
3. Toy Story 3
4. Finding Nemo
5. Toy Story
6. Monsters Inc
7. The Incredibles
8. Toy Story 2
9. A Bugs Life
10. Ratatouille
11. Brave
12. MU
13. Cars
14. Cars 2

Not seen inside out

Woodzy

Released their render engine for free non-commercial use recently. Great fun to play around with.

Golden Nugget

I've seen most, but not Cars and Brave.

I thought Inside Out was really good - amazed to see how low it is on everyone's list!

1. Toy Story 3
2. Inside Out
3. Toy Story
=4. Ratatouille
=4. Monsters inc
6. Up
7. The Incredibles
8. Wall-e
9. Finding Nemo
10. Monsters University
11. A Bugs Life (I saw this while I was young and cannot remember much about it)
12. Toy Story 2

Top 8 are really good movies.

Sigma

The good Dinosaur trailer, looks like it could be similar to Wall-e with the amount of dialoge and heavy emphasis on the scenery which looks amazing, while the living beings look cartoonish. Possibly because of the fact that they shouldn't be there but for the purpouse of the film they are. Can't wait to see it!

Raptori

Special needs
The good Dinosaur trailer, looks like it could be similar to Wall-e with the amount of dialoge and heavy emphasis on the scenery which looks amazing, while the living beings look cartoonish. Possibly because of the fact that they shouldn't be there but for the purpouse of the film they are. Can't wait to see it!

Saw that earlier too, looks like it could be brilliant. Completely forgot this comes out this year as well!

Raptori

Special needs
Not that enthusiastic about this one, but given their track record, it'll probably be great.
It's an animated film about a dinosaur. How can you not be enthusiastic about that? You don't deserve that username. :nono:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It's an animated film about a dinosaur. How can you not be enthusiastic about that? You don't deserve that username. :nono:
I dunno, it's not so much the story that doesn't feel me with excitement, it's that trailer, it looks very... well exactly what you'd expect given the elements we know about. But then again, I hope it's not as cliché and unsurprising as I'm afraid it will be.

Raptori

Special needs
I dunno, it's not so much the story that doesn't feel me with excitement, it's that trailer, it looks very... well exactly what you'd expect given the elements we know about. But then again, I hope it's not as cliché and unsurprising as I'm afraid it will be.
Yeah I get what you mean, there isn't anything there that really shouts unique. I'll probably love it anyway. In case my username doesn't give it away, I have a soft spot for dinosaurs. :rolleyes:

Sigma

Since I created this thread, I've seen the remaining 2 Pixar movies.

Thought The Good Dinosaur was a great film. 9/10

Thought Finding Dory was good, but it felt quite similar to Finding Nemo. And I'm not sure Dory is a great main character (although she is a great secondary character). Anyway, I would probably still give it an 8/10 (rounded up)

Last edited:

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
This is true. So many sequels now. They are making Cars 3 and Toy Story 4 now. And there's The Incredibles 2 as well. But I'm not complaining about that. The Incredibles is one of my favourite movies of all time.
Up, Wall-E and Monsters Inc. are right up there with my favourite movies of all time also. Pixar are still brilliant, they are just being forced into making sequels.
Before Disney bought them sequels were actually a thing they publically said they tried to avoid

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
This is true. So many sequels now. They are making Cars 3 and Toy Story 4 now. And there's The Incredibles 2 as well. But I'm not complaining about that. The Incredibles is one of my favourite movies of all time.
Indeed, and The Good Dinosaur bombed despite being an ambitious original idea. I hope their seeming keenness to go with sure things doesn't stunt their creativity going forward.

Up is one of my all-time favourite films. I'd watch it every day if I could.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Inside Out is really really good, probably my favourite alongside Wall-E.

Sigma

Just watched Incredibles 2, and had watched Coco a few months ago. Absolutely loved both.