PL Top 4 race

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
We're not getting anywhere near top 4, don't do it to yourself.

Chelsea (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (H)
Arsenal (H)
Brighton (A)

Those are all iffy games.
Arsenal and Liverpool are tough games but we are at home so shouldn’t fear them. Chelsea, Newcastle and Brighton? Nah not having them as major concerns. Don’t get me wrong we could fail to get a result because we are inconsistent but they aren’t great sides at all.

pascell

Arsenal and Liverpool are tough games but we are at home so shouldn’t fear them. Chelsea, Newcastle and Brighton? Nah not having them as major concerns. Don’t get me wrong we could fail to get a result because we are inconsistent but they aren’t great sides at all.
Chelsea are coming into form and Brighton always give us a game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
More points dropped for Villa, now 9 ahead of us having played a game more
It's a good point for us. West Ham away straight after europe is a tricky old game.

With regardless Man. United I think two aways + Liverpool at home in the week after the break while Spurs have Luton at home and we have Wolves and Brentford at home will decide things as to if you take the chase seriously into May.

Doracle

I would argue that a vocal minority would take some joy from being able to say “told you so” if we were to lose. There are posters on here who appear gloaty in our losses so for some whether they admit it or not I feel some aspect of our losses they feel validated and so derive some satisfaction from it. I’m not saying that outweighs their disappointment when losing but it plays a role.

There are absolutely posters whose negative views are at the point where anything Ten Hag does they will criticise.

If he defends deep and we scrape a win I can all but guarantee I’ll be able to find a post saying something like “how far we’ve fallen” or that he’s “lucky” or “got away with it” or something that indicates it’s a sub par decision whatever he decides rather than being happy that we’ve managed to beat a far superior side as things stand. That doesn’t mean Liverpool will always be in that position over us but right now they are an

And while that is a shame that we can’t go toe to toe with Liverpool you also need to look at the context of the two sides.

I said last week I think we can beat them. I still maintain we could but I don’t expect in our context that we will.

I just think there is levels of negativity and at some point it becomes unhealthy and for many on here I think it’s an unhealthy negative obsession.
I think we can agree that no one will be complaining tonight!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Which Man. United game gets cancelled now due to the SF?

RedRocket9908

So Villa's win puts then 12 points clear having played 2 more and probably out of our reach as our next 4 matches are Brentford Away, Chelsea away, Liverpool home, then Bournemouth away and we could easilly take zero points from those.

AndySmith1990

So Villa's win puts then 12 points clear having played 2 more and probably out of our reach as our next 4 matches are Brentford Away, Chelsea away, Liverpool home, then Bournemouth away and we could easilly take zero points from those.
Have we ever lost 4 in a row?

Nero

We could quite possibly take 12 though.

MDFC Manager

Would have been good to make up some points today, sadly wasn't to be. Just need to keep pace for now

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We'll have a good finish to the season I think, I just think both Spurs and Villa are too far ahead. We'll finish 3-5 points behind them imo

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
All over bar a miracle.

Like I kept repeating, our performances are nowhere near good enough to get near it.

I'm doubtful we'll even finish 6th.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Spurs keep doing just enough every week. We keep dropping points every week.

I wouldn’t even back us to finish ahead of them if it was us that was 8 points clear.

Dominos

Every time you think it's over, the following week a glimmer of hope re-appears.

Surely today is the final straw. There's no way we're even good enough to fluke enough undeserved points to close the gap.

We concede the 2nd most shots of any team in the league. We're lucky to be top half of the table.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This will rumble on all season (5th that is, not 4th).

We won't get there, but teams will just keep fecking up.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Results eventually catch up with the performances. Although we are on the lucky side to be so "close" to Champions League tbh, looks likely we'll slide further away despite players coming back.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Results eventually catch up with the performances. Although we are on the lucky side to be so "close" to Champions League tbh, looks likely we'll slide further away despite players coming back.
11 off villa and 8 off spurs, it's not even close

Leftback99

This will rumble on all season (5th that is, not 4th).

We won't get there, but teams will just keep fecking up.
It will be mathematically over with at least 3 games to spare.

It's been clear we wouldn't get near Villa all season.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Same thing I said. Just was obvious to me a lot sooner.
Na.

Erik Ten Hag is a very good coach. With a few physical signings (and better luck with injuries) this season and games like this will be a distant memory.

But yes top 4 is gone.

Leftback99

Na.

Erik Ten Hag is a very good coach. With a few physical signings (and better luck with injuries) this season and games like this will be a distant memory.

But yes top 4 is gone.
Physical signings he could have easily made with £400m if he knew what he was doing.

Injuires aren't an excuse for performances like tonight.