PL Top 4 race

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Earlier in the season maybe, now is just realist. We can’t play like we just did and expect
To compete for the biggest prizes. That much is obvious. Not sure what kind of stupid point scoring you are attempting here.
I just find it funny you were quick to join the pile on about me being 'negative' and literally one game later you and others are basically agreeing with what I was saying.

Pintu

11 off villa and 8 off spurs, it's not even close
Villa played a game more… there is still a chance when you look at their schedule, both Spurs and Villa have tough games coming. We need one of them to collapse.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Physical signings he could have easily made with £400m if he knew what he was doing.

Injuires aren't an excuse for performances like tonight.
Club should be responsible for signings.

Injuries are responsible for our season.

Tonight was really poor.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I just find it funny you were quick to join the pile on about me being 'negative' and literally one game later you and others are basically agreeing with what I was saying.
You don’t post much unless we lose or perform badly. Today is an example of you relishing in negativity as your posting has increased massively.

That’s the difference.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
You are literally negative about everything though chap. You don’t have a good word to say about the club, it doesn’t matter what thread you’re in- and honestly it gets tiresome.
The difference here is I am only tonight admitting defeat in the quest for CL because that was an appalling performance. We should be beating Brentford in the form they are in, we should be buzzing after the Liverpool game but honestly some of the players looked like it was the first time they had ever seen a ball tonight. Like I said, realism. It’s not going to happen this season.

Leftback99

Club should be responsible for signings.

Injuries are responsible for our season.

Tonight was really poor.
They aren't the main reason, no matter how much you repeat it. The flaws in our performances have been there all season regardless of personnel.

Leftback99

You don’t post much unless we lose or perform badly. Today is an example of you relishing in negativity as your posting has increased massively.

That’s the difference.
Sadly most games.

If I get told I'm talking nonsense I'll post to defend myself when I was right.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
They aren't the main reason, no matter how much you repeat it. The flaws in our performances have been there all season regardless of personnel.
We have looked much more coherent and drilled when our main players have been fit. You can’t play without a striker, a LB or a DM. Of course injuries have ravaged our season.

Dazzmondo

Thought we had a genuine chance until today because I still expect Spurs to drop plenty of points, including against West Ham on Tuesday. Unfortunately, the performance and result against Brentford ended any hopes. FA Cup is the only game of any importance left this season now.

Leftback99

We have looked much more coherent and drilled when our main players have been fit. You can’t play without a striker, a LB or a DM. Of course injuries have ravaged our season.
We haven't. We've still conceded a ridiculous amount of chances with a huge hole in modified from the first game against Wolves onwards

I've talked on here more than most about importance of player quality over any manager. But the tactics are the main reason we're terrible this season.

Brentford tonight were more dominant than any performance of ours this season, and they have multiple injuries.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Villa played a game more… there is still a chance when you look at their schedule, both Spurs and Villa have tough games coming. We need one of them to collapse.
You'll be playing "tough" games aswell you simply have to win, Liverpool at home, Arsenal at home and Brighton away to name three. Not winning those giving those opponents 20 + shots. Bournemouth away isn't a simple one either given what they did to you at OT.

I don't see this Man. United team getting much more than 60-61 points. We're on 59 points, Spurs 56 points so it would have to be Sheffield United type form.

BorisManUtd

We'll be lucky to finish 6th.

We don't perform good enough to finish top 4 anyway. Having a 0 goal difference after 29 games, that's just unhealthy, especially compared to Villa (+20) and Spurs (+18). Those 2 teams will finish 4th and 5th and deservedly so.

We really should be setting a new goal and that's a 6th place finish (playing Europa again I know) and maybe nicking Fa Cup somehow. That's the very maximum.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
You'll be playing "tough" games aswell you simply have to win, Liverpool at home, Arsenal at home and Brighton away to name three. Not winning those giving those opponents 20 + shots. Bournemouth away isn't a simple one either given what they did to you at OT.

I don't see this Man. United team getting much more than 60-61 points. We're on 59 points, Spurs 56 points so it would have to be Sheffield United type form.
Sadly can't play you every week.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sadly can't play you every week.
Indeed. :lol:

I think top 4/5 ended for you the moment Iwobi scored. That was the chance to really pile the pressure on us and Spurs as you really weren't that far off either team at that stage and had a bit of momentum from beating us and Wolves in dramatic fashion.

Newcastle at home is a pretty big game aswell as they're still in touch despite all the stick Howe gets on this forum.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Indeed. :lol:

I think top 4/5 ended for you the moment Iwobi scored. That was the chance to really pile the pressure on us and Spurs as you really weren't that far off either team at that stage and had a bit of momentum from beating us and Wolves in dramatic fashion.

Newcastle at home is a pretty big game aswell as they're still in touch despite all the stick Howe gets on this forum.
Likely all over by next weekend

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
No. I’m surprised we are even as high as 6th.
Consistent performance wise this has been the worst season in memory. Even 21/22 had a good start and 18/19 had a good middle run. The FA Cup run is the only thing that could save the season, but with City still hanging around we’re fecked in that too to be honest. I fancy we may even lose to Coventry in an all time calamity low.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
If we don't win at Chelsea and maybe draw with Liverpool, we may have to wave 6th bye-bye, let alone naively dreaming about 4th or 5th place

Superden

We just played a team that was missing 7 players and played us off the park..

lex talionis

Dropping points at Brentford shut the door on CL qualification for us. But it looked as though the players hardly cared anyway.

PoTMS

Winning the FA Cup is our only hope of getting some joy out of this season. Luckily, it also has the same European ramifications as finishing 6th which is Europa League. Just save us from the Conference.

Yakuza_devils

In fairness, Spurs and Villa deserve CL with the way they play this season. High intensity attacking football compared to our negative counter attacking football which concede record number of chances against us week in week out.

They thoroughly deserve thier place in the CL.

AndySmith1990

We just played a team that was missing 7 players and played us off the park..
We've been outplayed several times this season by injury ravaged teams. But those who prattle on about our own woes never seem to acknowledge it

AndySmith1990

What does it matter? We have tough games coming up too, as in every fecking game is tough for us

Telsim

We still have a chance to make it. Spurs and Villa will drop points. We will know more after the Bournemouth game.

InfiniteBoredom

We still have a chance to make it. Spurs and Villa will drop points. We will know more after the Bournemouth game.
Nope.

Unless we win all 9 of our remaining games,which, let’s face it, just won’t happen, 3 wins and 1 draw out of remaining 9/8 games respectively for Spurs and Villa will do it for them, and that’s already a substantial underperformance on their average ppg this season.

Truth is, race for top 5 was over since the Fulham game, given our abysmal GD. Not enough games left + no more game against them to make up the difference.

Red & White

Every week in this thread, after we’ve played appallingly and missed another chance to close the gap or keep up, it’s ’if Villa or Spurs collapse and we can go on a run…’ Let it go. We’re awful and don’t deserve to be qualifying for the Champions League.