g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL Weekend 30th/31st

Sylar

Lumped a tenner on them at half time as well. Easy money isn’t it.
Them and city have been my go to teams when they are drawing.
I've lost some with Liverpool the last month but city have made up for it, especially their fa Cup win as they were losing going into 80 minutes and managed to make a good profit which I'm still playing with

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If you think we're actually in the title race, rather than having a nice run of comebacks and reality is now biting.
Well either way I’d prefer both teams to drop points, title race or no title race. That’s the only way we’re staying with them.
Tbf only Liverpool have scored more goals than us in the league so far, so we're not quite so bad in that regard. Though with some of our front players' performances in mind, I'm not sure how exactly we've pulled off that trick.
That really surprises me. Martial is allergic to goals, and effort in general. Greenwood hasn’t played really, and even Cavani has like, what 5 goals? Bruno is going to be our top scorer by a country mile isn’t he.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
All I said were people were silly to write off Liverpool and them and city would pull clear. But if we want to get into the debate. I’m just basing this off the whole picture rather than , ‘ calendar year’ and ‘since Bruno came table’. Not that a title challenge was expected anyway to be fair so from my point of view there’s no bed shitting. Them and city have clearly dropped off a level this season but they have better squads/manager, experience, more result sustainable football, it is not an outrageous suggestion to think they might pull clear and it’s not a slight on us if we can’t keep up with them.
Yeah, that’s all fair enough. And based on our form over a prolonged period of time, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that we match them stride for stride.

Both teams (City and Pool) have hard games coming up and the resumption of CL.

I just hope the management and players are less defeatist than some of us Caftards.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Them and city have been my go to teams when they are drawing.
I've lost some with Liverpool the last month but city have made up for it, especially their fa Cup win as they were losing going into 80 minutes and managed to make a good profit which I'm still playing with
They’re definitely as close as it gets to a sure thing. Odds aren’t worth it before kick off but if they’re drawing at half time or go a goal down? It’s a no brainer.

Lee565

We played a big part in our two games against them, 0-0 and then we conceded two vs them when they're attack wasn't looking in form and confident.
They couldn't have felt that great losing to a dramatic late goal in the derby match though

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Come on Spurs! Come on Son! I need the FF points. :) Plus I want to see Spurs squeezing the top four.

Crustanoid

Well done to Jose and Moyes on allowing Liverpool to find their mojo again. I think they will go on to beat Man City next weekend as City have a woeful record in Anfield.
I’m pretty sure in both cases, it was deliberate sabotage of our chances of the title. The pair of bitter cnuts deserve mediocrity and eventual sacking for their lack of integrity, but will still end up with pay offs

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So now it’s Liverpool’s turn to be ominous. After City had their turn looking ominous. These are good teams who are used to winning. They were always going to find form. The key is that they are also prone to dropping more points this season and we have done a good job ourselves. People are pissing the bed. Let’s have a bit of faith.
Oh I'm confident we'll come top 4 and don't see anyone keeping us from top 3.

But we just have too many issues.
Although I suppose the fact all our strikers are not at the races together, can only change in a positive way soon!

Ludens the Red

Yeah, that’s all fair enough. And based on our form over a prolonged period of time, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that we match them stride for stride.

Both teams (City and Pool) have hard games coming up and the resumption of CL.

I just hope the management and players are less defeatist than some of us Caftards.
I think if I didn’t watch every game of football and only looked at results I’d probably be less pessimistic and think we’ve got a great chance :lol: . But honestly you watch Liverpool today and midweek and see those performances with all the players they have out, you watch city and then you watch our games and it’s like we’re playing a different sport to them. The quality is worlds apart.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m pretty sure in both cases, it was deliberate sabotage of our chances of the title. The pair of bitter cnuts deserve mediocrity and eventual sacking for their lack of integrity, but will still end up with pay offs
We lost at home to Sheffield United! I think that was a greater act of sabotage than anything those 2 did.

cyberman

Bit extreme! Liverpool werent always going to draw every game, best for them to find form now with City next week then anytime for us.
Liverpool will tire again, this run has showed us they struggle when they do.
As long as we dont shit the bed as a fanbase when Liverpool win 2 in a row, we'll be fine

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Oh I'm confident we'll come top 4 and don't see anyone keeping us from top 3.

But we just have too many issues.
Although I suppose the fact all our strikers are not at the races together, can only change in a positive way soon!
The strikers are an issue. But they are also streaky, so might cram in a few goals soon enough. They need to be addressed long term. I just think we should address the table as it currently stands. We are second, so if there’s a title race then we’re in it.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I think if I didn’t watch every game of football and only looked at results I’d probably be less pessimistic and think we’ve got a great chance :lol: . But honestly you watch Liverpool today and midweek and see those performances with all the players they have out, you watch city and then you watch our games and it’s like we’re playing a different sport to them. The quality is worlds apart.
Liverpool have stitched two good wins together. I watched them throughout Christmas and January and they looked fecking dreadful.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Not great no but Salah getting two has kick started his season again.
It was a horrible 4/5 week period we just went through. Not the injuries, but the mental drain. Thankfully, TAA, Mane, Salah and Firmino are back on it. Normal service can hopefully be resumed (amidst and despite the ridiculous injuries).

marktan

Guess its time to start hoping City dont drop any points to keep those cnuts at bay.
Tbh I'd rather Pool win, if we win our games up to next week we'll only be 3 points behind City then. We've got a 6 point gap to 5th place now so I think we'll easily make top 4, we're not favourites but I think we're capable of competing for the league. Especially since Liverpool have no defence and City have KDB injured now for 2 months.

Judas

Open to offers
If we're sat here this time next week and we've won our previous two games I'll have a few more conversations entertaining us being in the title race. We're rightfully 2nd, but our form right now isn't that of a 2nd place team, hopefully we sort it out.

Ludens the Red

Liverpool have stitched two good wins together. I watched them throughout Christmas and January and they looked fecking dreadful.
Yeah they were shite for a few games and it was fun but it’s not just these two last games. They had some great displays earlier in the season against Leicester, Wolves, Tottenham and Arsenal. Point being they’re capable of producing excellent performances as are obviously city and for me until we get to that point it’s going to be way too hard to win the league ahead of them. We can’t keep getting jammy, luck runs out and you saw that against Sheff Utd.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The strikers are an issue. But they are also streaky, so might cram in a few goals soon enough. They need to be addressed long term. I just think we should address the table as it currently stands. We are second, so if there’s a title race then we’re in it.
I'm still enjoying how we're doing for sure.

No-one would have turned being 1 point ahead of Liverpool down at this stage.
And hopefully the last 2 games were our "bad run".

A nice win Tuesday will get everyone's positivity back up.

Godfather

And people were singing praises for Moyes and West Ham. Useless bunch of idiots. Doing feck all for 90 mins against that defense.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tbh I'd rather Pool win, if we win our games up to next week we'll only be 3 points behind City then. We've got a 6 point gap to 5th place now so I think we'll easily make top 4, we're not favourites but I think we're capable of competing for the league. Especially since Liverpool have no defence and City have KDB injured now for 2 months.
The unfortunate thing about Liverpool's "no defence" is that it has conceded fewer goals than our actual defence. Which isn't particularly promising if we're depending on that being decisive over the rest of the season.

Giggsy13

You only need to see the scouser response to the fa cup loss in comparison to ours to realize our squad is full of absolute bluffers and pretenders.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Like that Rashford pass last week you mean? Or the instant pass by Greenwood?
I’d you want to come on here and act like a bell end, at least get your facts straight
so we score A FEW counter goals and suddenly we‘re counter attack kings?

For a “counter attacking” team we certainly don’t do a very good job at it.more than likely because our attackers run straight into a defender and lose the ball.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
You only need to see the scouser response to the fa cup loss in comparison to ours to realize our squad is full of absolute bluffers and pretenders.
Mate we got only Rhys Williams as CB left on the bench and fecking Divock Origi actually on the pitch. Two players I would happily exchange for Tuanzebe and Lingard. And give them playing time.

It's about what your manager does with these 'bluffers'. Not everything stops at the players' door.

Lee565

City will finish 1st though still I don't see how it can go tits up for them with pep finding such a great balance between defence and attack. It will be city and liverpool as the top 2 though again which asks the question whether we are really progressing under ole if finish 3rd again and out of touching distance within a month or so from the title race?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I'm still enjoying how we're doing for sure.

No-one would have turned being 1 point ahead of Liverpool down at this stage.
And hopefully the last 2 games were our "bad run".

A nice win Tuesday will get everyone's positivity back up.
Confidence in the fan base is definitely poor. We have no track record to fall back on, so when we have a couple of off colour games everyone thinks it’s going to pot.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
City will finish 1st though still I don't see how it can go tits up for them with pep finding such a great balance between defence and attack. It will be city and liverpool as the top 2 though again which asks the question whether we are really progressing under ole if finish 3rd again and out of touching distance within a month or so from the title race?
Last season we barely scraped into the CL places, light years away from the champions.

If we comfortably finish third this season having been at least somewhat involved in the title discussion into the second half of the season then it is pretty clear progress, I'd say.

And given our less than stellar summer transfer window, about as much progress as I would have reasonably expected.

marktan

The unfortunate thing about Liverpool's "no defence" is that it has conceded fewer goals than our actual defence. Which isn't particularly promising if we're depending on that being decisive over the rest of the season.
True, they still don't concede as many as us but it throws the balance of their team right off - especially with Fabinho and Henderson in defence. Both help the team a lot more in midfield, especially in the transitions. It's one of the big reasons they've struggled to create as much - combined with the Robertson and TAA having to sit further back as they don't have VVD's pace to protect them if they go further forward. All in all it just makes them easier to catch for us vs last season.

Jean claude van hire

With the two games a week schedule not easing up and European games just around the corner, I can see plenty more twists and turns in the premier league to come.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Didn’t they also concede a much higher goals per game with Van Dijk this season than they have without him?

Goals conceded are a slightly crude metric to judge a defence. If the team is set up specifically to to protect a ropy defence they might manage to accumulate clean sheets while sacrificing a lot in attack.

They do look ominously like clicking into gear, though. While we’re doing the opposite. As they said on Second Captains you can look at our recent run of hard fought single goal victories in two ways. A platform to build confidence and go on to start to become a genuinely dominant force. Or a team beating the odds with a crushing reversion to the mean just around the corner.

I know which scenario I think is more likely...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It wasn't that long ago, they were miles off the top.
They have Aguero ill, De Bruyne out for ages, and their goal threat seems to have reduced quite a bit, unless they're playing the real chumpola in the league.