PL Weekend 30th/31st

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Glaston returned after the Sheff Utd game to be fair. But he quickly disappeared on Thursday after talking about Spurs closing the gap to us to two points before the game.
Glaston is beyond parody at this stage. He won’t be around for a while now, until Spurs win a tin pot later in the season.

Judas

Open to offers
Confidence in the fan base is definitely poor. We have no track record to fall back on, so when we have a couple of off colour games everyone thinks it’s going to pot.
I’ll freely admit I’m in this camp. I want to believe, but I’ve been hurt one too many times. I don’t think we’re going to totally meltdown, I just doubt our metal to keep pace.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Spurs really should have went for a progressive, modern manager to continue the groundwork and foundation Poch laid down. Not a dinosaur like Mourinho who seems to not want to evolve with the modern game and has effectively undone any of the work done by Poch.

You could even argue Ancelotti was a better option.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I’ll freely admit I’m in this camp. I want to believe, but I’ve been hurt one too many times. I don’t think we’re going to totally meltdown, I just doubt our metal to keep pace.
I do understand that, and feel the same way myself sometimes. But I think we have more mettle about us these days, and expect that we’ll go on another good run starting Tuesday.

Deery

Dreary
How haven’t Brighton scored more here they need to be making the most of this domination

kidbob

Brighton are so good.
There a side who could do with a Defoe or Kevin Phillips. Have a striker that can give them consistent goals then they'll be comfortably avoiding relegation. I like Connolly, as an Irishman, but he really needs to up his output to be a good player for them, while Maupay goes through phases of scoring.

Member 90887

Brighton are destroying them.
They should be at least 3 up with their changes.

Guy Incognito

Lose here and the EL may become top priority for Mourinho.
Think that was always the case (cup competitions). They were never going to win the title (even Mou ruled out their chances months ago) with his personnel and playing Thurs-Sun.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
How nice of the top4 contenders to lose points left and right when we fumble ourselves

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Based on the effort tonight I can only assume that Jose has lost the players. If that's the case he is going to be out of a job soon.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Absolute dominance.

I wonder if the players have downed tools for Jose to get another big pay-off.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Based on the effort tonight I can only assume that Jose has lost the players. If that's the case he is going to be out of a job soon.
Must have kicked off good and proper with Aurier in the dressing room at half time v Liverpool for players to take sides like that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't think so. Games are coming thick and fast, a lot of teams are looking really, really leggy. I'd say a lot of teams will look back and rue a missed opportunity in the January window.

EDIT: actually, after seeing the Aurier stuff maybe he has lost some of the players.

kidbob

I don't know if he ever really loses the players. I mean N'Dombele was a 'virus' under him at first but is now excellent. I think its just that his style wears players down over time. We had a really good first season under him (the best since fergie) but the football was just soulless and it fell apart. Maybe that is just accelerating at you guys after the players have played under Poch.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
that was a team going through the motions. This is going to be a big second-half in Spurs season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He will be kept at least until the final EFL Cup which in April. Sacking Mourinho cost lot of money as well, Levy will put faith in him to win Europa League too.

RashyForPM

They really are Kane FC.
Pep was very demeaning branding Pochettino’s entertaining, high-scoring side the ‘Harry Kane team’, but if anyone called Mourinho’s side likewise, even he and his deflecting abilities wouldn’t be able to deny it. Just so reliant on him.