Player Social Media Pics - 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
How have I missed Lingard getting a new number? Geez I'm getting old and senile.

But yeah @Martial_Law I agree about the cringey one liners the players are coming out with lately (Lingard makes it worse).

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I'm not arsed but I do take issue with our players using any variant on "We Go Again", that's Stevie G's cringeworthy, non-sensical phrase and should remain so.
Just another sign of how quickly Gerrard has been forgotten :smirk:

Sigma

You probably don't mean this but whatever:

I hate when people say this (and I knew someone was probably going to say it). Of course a black man is not going to look like a white man. Is it racist to say a white man looks like another white man?

pascell

I watched a bit of it through the live stream on Facebook, the lads seemed in high spirits. Fortune seems to enjoy these events and gets on well with Pogba and Lingard. There seems to be quite a togetherness with this squad we have, which is good to see.

Seeing Vidic made me miss having him on the pitch, an experienced commander at the back is exactly what we need right now!

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Can we get Vidic back as defensive coach.
He wouldn't really make the best defensive coach (I'm aware you're not genuinely calling for him). Somebody like Rio would be more aware of the technical aspects of it all. Vidic was the best at the warrior stuff.

Bojan11

He wouldn't really make the best defensive coach (I'm aware you're not genuinely calling for him). Somebody like Rio would be more aware of the technical aspects of it all. Vidic was the best at the warrior stuff.
I think you tad underrating Vidic there. There was a reason why Fergie made him the captain and not Rio. Rio tended to get complacent especially before Vidic was at the club. Vidics best season came in 2008-2009, when Rio missed a lot of games. He really was the leader in our defence. Rio struggled whenever Vidic didn't play.

Rio had it all as a defender, I agree. Vidic didn't have the natural talent that Rio had but was coached into becoming greater than he should have been. Maybe he can repeat that with someone else?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think you tad underrating Vidic there. There was a reason why Fergie made him the captain and not Rio. Rio tended to get complacent especially before Vidic was at the club. Vidics best season came in 2008-2009, when Rio missed a lot of games. He really was the leader in our defence. Rio struggled whenever Vidic didn't play.

Rio had it all as a defender, I agree. Vidic didn't have the natural talent that Rio had but was coached into becoming greater than he should have been. Maybe he can repeat that with someone else?
Agree with all you said. My post did seem slightly under-appreciative of the world class defender vidic was.

Manny

Grammar Police
I think you tad underrating Vidic there. There was a reason why Fergie made him the captain and not Rio. Rio tended to get complacent especially before Vidic was at the club. Vidics best season came in 2008-2009, when Rio missed a lot of games. He really was the leader in our defence.
Rio was captain before Vidic. Vidic only got the captaincy after Rio began having long periods out with back problems (09-10).

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
The lad over that account is no older than 18 guaranteed. Not one mention of the greatest fullback of the Premier League era beside Vidic :lol:
I found that odd too. Like they're saying he's a Chevrolet mascot.

Status
Not open for further replies.