g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Players missing for the start of the season?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why would they miss the start of the season? When has that ever happened after one of our players went far in the World Cup? They will miss pre season but are usually back in time for the league games.
Indeed 'confirmed' that the players who went far into the WC will get 3 weeks off which I assume refers to Lukaku, Fellaini, Pogba and the England players. Not unrealistic imo to still see this side line up against Leicester

---------------De Gea---------------
Valencia--Bailly--Smalling--Shaw
----------------Matic----------------
-------???---------------Pogba-------
Mata----------Lukaku-------Sanchez
Mourinho's put the dampeners on Lukaku appearing.

JM: (On Sanchez) It's not good for anyone, for me, for him or for us, there is nobody to blame, the club is making the effort, I have to respect the USA for the process of Visas, hopefully it will be resolved for Mata, Martial, Sanchez for the 1st game for the season. If Alexis is not working with us for 15 days it will be bad"

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So long as they don't do a Shaw on their postponed break, I'm not overly sure this is much of an issue.

Hoof the ball

Fecking people putting Bale in make believe Football Manager lineups! Why does this keep happening on Redcafe? What has given these hopeful people the slightest inkling that Bale is even amused by us, or, that we're even interesting in signing Bale? Yet, it keeps happening! Bale, Bale, Bale. Forget about Bale. It's not happening.:lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Fecking people putting Bale in make believe Football Manager lineups! Why does this keep happening on Redcafe? What has given these hopeful people the slightest inkling that Bale is even amused by us, or, that we're even interesting in signing Bale? Yet, it keeps happening! Bale, Bale, Bale. Forget about Bale. It's not happening.:lol:
Wrong thread :confused:

Frank Grimes

-----------------------DDG----------------------
Dalot------Smalling-----Bailly------Shaw--
---------------Matic--Herrera---------------
---------------------Mata--------------------------
Valencia------------Sanchez--------------Martial

Wouldn't be surprised to see something like this for opening game.
With news Dalot is still injured,

-------------------------De Gea---------------------------
Valencia----------Bailly-------Smalling---------Shaw---
------------------------Matic-----------------------------------
-----------------Fred----------Herrera---------------------
Mata-----------------Martial---------------------Sanchez--

It's actually a decent looking team, if they click.

Seven Seas Sardines

With news Dalot is still injured,

-------------------------De Gea---------------------------
Valencia----------Bailly-------Smalling---------Shaw---
------------------------Matic-----------------------------------
-----------------Fred----------Herrera---------------------
Mata-----------------Martial---------------------Sanchez--

It's actually a decent looking team, if they click.
Probably good to play Leicester trying to cope with losing Mahrez and possibly Schmeichel. Maguire might be out too.

ti vu

Probably good to play Leicester trying to cope with losing Mahrez and possibly Schmeichel. Maguire might be out too.
You're talking about Maguire the United or Leicester player? :wenger:

The whole full 3 week resting is Mourinho's philosophy, so Maguire likely to play the first game for Leicester if he stays. He only needs some conditioning. No need for a full preseason to bed in with new team

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
You're talking about Maguire the United or Leicester player? :wenger:

The whole full 3 week resting is Mourinho's philosophy, so Maguire likely to play the first game for Leicester if he stays. He only needs some conditioning. No need for a full preseason to bed in with new team
We won’t rush Maguire or Vardy back

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Schmeichel going wouldn’t be that bad he had a good World Cup but was poor last season, Mahrez going is a blow but he’s only been half interested since we won the title.

Maguire and Vardy are a miss but tbh I have no idea how we are going to shape up, so if we end up in a 352 with Slimani and Iheanacho upfront well I’ve seen a hell of a lot worse.

If it’s a 4231 with Maddison behind Nacho that could work too

NoPace

Schmeichel going wouldn’t be that bad he had a good World Cup but was poor last season, Mahrez going is a blow but he’s only been half interested since we won the title.

Maguire and Vardy are a miss but tbh I have no idea how we are going to shape up, so if we end up in a 352 with Slimani and Iheanacho upfront well I’ve seen a hell of a lot worse.

If it’s a 4231 with Maddison behind Nacho that could work too
Are you saying the money I lost on Iheanacho to have a great year partnered with Vardy can be recoupped this year? I feel a small gambling loss coming on.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Nacho wasn’t fit all season basically it was only the last handful of games he looked fit and he and Vardy started to click

Alfie092

Assuming we make no further signings, we’ll have

De Gea
Valencia - Smalling - Bailly - Shaw
Herrera - Matic - Fred
Mata - Martial - Sanchez
That’s a pretty decent team to be honest.
Very good starting 11 which on paper is strong enough to beat any team in the league, providing we turn up that is! However, who would we have to come off the bench? Our fullback options Dalot and Young won't be available and Darmian would I assume be sold by then. Lindelof, Jones and Rojo may not be back since they all got to the knockout stages of the WC, Rojo might be as Argentina got knocked out early. So limited in terms of CB options too. Pogba and Fellaini won't be back so no midfield alternatives who have first-team experience apart from Mctominay. Going forward, no Lingard, Rashford and Lukaku is probably the biggest concern.

I just hope that the youngsters on tour have a good pre-season and prove to Jose that they can be potential options off the bench if ever called upon. Another 'positive' would be that since the transfer window shuts before the opening PL game vs Leicester, if we were to add to our squad by then, then any additional signings could also be added to our matchday squad for the opening game. Unless of course, it's someone like Alderweireld or Perisic (not saying it will happen), as they would still be on holiday due to going far in the WC.

RedCurry

Not a bad side to be fair. I'd be worried about who's on the bench however.
However, who would we have to come off the bench?
I am sure the young players on tour have a great opportunity to make it to the matchday squad if they play well.

For the moment I would think Pereira, McTominay and Tuanzebe would be the players we are most likely to see from the bench.

Alfie092

I am sure the young players on tour have a great opportunity to make it to the matchday squad if they play well.

For the moment I would think Pereira, McTominay and Tuanzebe would be the players we are most likely to see from the bench.
Yeah even Fosu-Mensah if he stays as he can play CB, RB and DM/CM, so he could cover for a lot of the players that are missing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Revised starting XI against Leicester

----Bailly----Smalling----Lindelof----
Darmian-Fred-Herrera-Pereira-Shaw
----------Mata-------Sanchez----------

And that's assuming the injuries to Bailly, Smalling and Shaw aren't too bad and Darmian is kept around until the end of the international break

:nervous:

Fully Fledged

And that's assuming the injuries to Bailly, Smalling and Shaw aren't too bad and Darmian is kept around until the end of the international break

Jones and Rashford are both back in training. They could be a part of the line up for the Leicester match.

Morpheus 7

Darmian the useless cnut will be sold by then. We could have another new signing to go in to that team. Jose says many things, wouldn't be shocked a big hitter like Pogba starts. Then have Lukaku on the bench. United should have enough to beat Leicester at Old Trafford.

Riz

Dalot
Young
Matic
Pogba
Lingard
Lukaku

Anyone else missing that would potentially start otherwise? Assuming Jones and Rashford are available.