Bailly
Jones
Tuanzebe
Mctominay
Van de beek
Martial
Weghorst
Elanga
That's a lot of deadwood, but you can guarantee that we will cling onto most of these players who are of no use to us.

NLunited

There are about a zillion facts about this man but nobody made a hate video like Maguires. He is NOT agressive never was never will. There is no need to mention Maguire since they both have to go I only stressed out he was lucky with Maguire on the team as the scapegoat
We are talking about Lindelof right? He is no butcher but challenges well.

Piskin

Maguire, De Gea, Sancho, McTominay, Fred, Weghorst, Sabitzer,

USREDEVIL

Martial

Maguire

McTominay

DeGea
Get those golden gloves out of here!!
Nah i get it. Low on my priority totem pole though.

Maguire
McTominay
Van De Beek
Martial (if we get at least 1 striker)
Williams
Henderson
Elanga
Tuanzebe
Bailly

Obviously don't re-sign Weghorst or Sabitzer.

Keep Jones for shits and giggles.

troylocker

Surprised to see so many has Sancho on their lists.

Maguire
Martial
Williams
Tuanzebe
Greenwood
Antony
DVB
Elanga
Bailly
Jones

sgarnham1989

I do love seeing responses to this kind of thread.

Let's get rid of 15 players and just keep the rest, and buy a few more. Totally unrealistic.

Of those who had any real involvement last season, the only ones I can honestly see moving on are:

Maguire (if we recoup a decent % of the fee we paid, enabling us to bring in suitable cover for Martinez)
Fred (seemed to fall out of favour with ETH toward the end of the season, and could be the makeway for an upgrade in that position)
Martial (if we can bring in at least two in that area).

Oh_Dear

Butland, Sabitzer and Weghorst are expired loans.

Jones, Tuanzebe, Galbraith and Bernard have been released.

So if we're talking FM-style wishlist, I'd like to see these also gone:

De Gea
Henderson
Williams
Telles
Maguire
Bailly
Van de Beek
McTominay
Sancho
Martial

My main concern is how few home grown (21+) players we're left with. It looks like we might exit 10 (Butland, Henderson, Williams, Maguire, Jones, Tuanzebe, Galbraith, Bernard, McTominay, Sancho). That would leave us with only 9 - Heaton, Bishop, AWB, Shaw, Mengi, Rashford, Elanga, Laird and Greenwood (hopefully 10 if we get Mount).

Onerealunited

We are not gonna send so many players away as people think. In last couple of years we have been able to sell maximum 2 players. What has changed in the clubs since people expect us to sell +10 players?

With our history in mind, I would expect and also be happy if we could sell Henderson and Elanga. Both are home grown, still young, have other clubs interested in them, and both should be sold at relatively ok prices…

for everyone else we send away it would most likely be on loan or contracts released

Jund

As much as I like the Football Manager 2023 approach, some of you lot are way too optimistic.

I'd love to see the backs of:

Henderson, he's decent, but let's be honest - nothing special. Let's get the money while we can.
Maguire, don't want to talk about it. Just go.
Telles, just your run-of-the-mill left back.
DVB, sometimes things just don't work out.
Elanga, I really don't want to watch another Wellbeck.

Craig Ward

Telles/Bailly/Weghorst/Sabitzer = Returning/Leaving loanees
DDG = We desperately need a modern GK
Maguire = Never going to be a regular starter here. Ever. He's currently 4th choice, with talks of us signing a starting CB. He's done
Williams = Did he even feature last season?
Martial = Waste of space
Elanga = Bit part player, no real use for him. Never going to be a starter across our front 3
Donny = I think he will want to move on, fresh start
McTominey = Has gone from a regular starter to bit part, think he will go if a suitable offer comes in

Still question marks over Pellistri, Diallo, Hannibal plus we are always linked with a RB which wont happen unless AWB moves on also.

The most important departures for us for a refresh is DDG, Maguire, Martial. We need to be big, be bold. If ETH doesnt get the team he wants he will simply go.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I love good Fred so much that I'm willing to tolerate bad Fred. People need to remove him from their lists, he's a great squad player.

Fabio Rochemback

I love good Fred so much that I'm willing to tolerate bad Fred. People need to remove him from their lists, he's a great squad player.
I wouldn't care at all if he leave but i knoe what you mean, there are a whole host of players who offer less than him who need shipping out before

lex talionis

The one who really has to go is Maguire. He's on massive wages and his profile is such that we can't have him as a mere squad player. Others should go as well but it would be a calamity of colossal consequence if Maguire doesn't lace up his boots for another club when the new season begins.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Sancho
I’ve read various people saying he’ll come good and they are most likely right but I don’t see it happening. My opinion of players is primarily made up on when they’re playing poorly and how they react to it.

Fred
Great attitude but that midfield needs fresher legs.

Henderson
Brilliant goalkeeper but too chaotic for my liking.

VDB
He will not be a success at United, doesn’t make him a bad footballer. He just lack presence to have an impact of any sort.

Maguire
Having him around is just not healthy.

Bailly and Telles

Monks_United

Bailly
Telles
Maguire
Williams
VDB
De Gea
Henderson
Fred
McTominay
Elanga
Sancho / Martial

There are just so many players in there that we should be getting rid of. We need to do this to progress not just this season but in the coming seasons as well !

Enigma_87

You know who
Henderson - burned his bridges
Telles - waste of space
Bailly - waste of space
Jones - waste of space for years
Martial - time to go
McFred - pashun and no quality
WW - bad experiment
Elanga - not good enough

200% to leave the club
Maguire - reaching Bebe levels of incompetence.

BelfastRed2021

Henderson - Never gonna be number 1 and could fetch 20 million
De Gea - Time is done not good enough to be number 1 anymore and far to high wages get him off wage bill
Bailly - Made of paper mache
Telles - Not good enough
Maguire - Useless and scrap his wage bring in a decent replacement surely could get 20-30 million for him
Jones
williams
Mctominay & Fred - 30-50 million for the pair bring in a replacement
Elanga - Not good enough
Sancho - 2 seasons of averageness and is out of his depth in this league and the huge wages sums us up sell and replace
Martial - Seen chocolate fire guards last longer and massive wages sell and replace

Ricardo de la Vega

My list of players:

Maguire
Henderson
Butland
Williams
Telles
Bailly
Jones
Tuanzebe
Mctominay
Van de beek
Martial
Weghorst
Elanga
Good list. If you can't make a transfer kitty of £60 million from this what the hell are they doing? You'd get £15m for McTominay alone. £10 for Martial? Bailly is worth something - and I think Maguire still has residiual value.

El Zoido

Guys you don’t need to keep listing Phil Jones, he’s already left.

Drifter

American
We still have not got rid of Telles? We are so, so bad at this. Meanwhile, Chelsea are shipping their players like hot cakes.

Last edited:

RedIan

Maguire
Martial
McTominay
Elanga
DVB.

Id be delighted if we sell these players and recoup £120mil to spend on a striker or two.

Lee565

Think it's safe to say de gea is going, other than him I want Maguire gone whilst there is still value in him and we get a left sided cb in so that we don't keep having to take shaw from lb to cover martinez

I would like to see both rb's go just so that it means we finally would be looking to solve that position with a new right back. I want to see martial gone as he is just a pointless player to have around, get rid of sancho before his value goes down any more and finally get rid of fred and mctominay so that we can put the dire past of mcfred behind us for once and for all and look like a club that has finally said no more to allowing mediocre players chance after chance

sugar_kane

Maguire, Bailly, Telles, Sancho, Elanga, Donny, De Gea and one of McFred.

Martial if we can sign two strikers.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
GK: DDG, Hendo
Defense: Maguire, Telles, Bailly
Midfield: DVB, 1 of McT/Fred (both if buying another CM is on the table)
Attack: Martial, Elanga

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
None really, as it depends on what the scope for subsequent signings is in each case.

For example ideally Maguire would go. But only if we can sign a replacement. And if we do sign a replacement, does swapping out Maguire for someone else impact our ability to make signings in other positions? Because if so I might prefer to leave Maguire stuck on the bench as our 3rd choice RCB.

NLunited

No explanation needed:
Bailly
Telles
Maguire
Williams
Henderson
Elanga
DeGea
Henderson

On the fence:
VDB - at his Ajax level he would be a useful squad player. Doubtful he can get back to it.
Fred - just not good enough overall, his passing/shooting is erratic. Now is the time to get ££ for him.
McTominay - rather keep him than Fred because he is more of a goal threat. Or sell and replace him, with Amrabat for example.
Martial - could keep him since we are low on options. If we get an offer for him, move him on.

Give more time:
Sancho - can pass in tight spaces and score goals.

captain666

Hopefully in the next week or so we can at least shift a couple of Maguire,Martial,McT,Fred,Williams,Sancho,VDB,Henderson,Telles,Bailly.
Cement Onana and Hojlund and add Amrabat