Players you 100% want to leave in the summer

norm87cro

Lindelof isn't going anywhere.
Unfortunately. But at least when Maguires gone nobody will be calling him the "Iceman" but the fraud he truly is that rode his luck on the basis of Maguires transfer. Hopefully ETH sees this and doesnt start him too often because unlike some people I want this club to do well and not to say something like "I told you so"

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Unfortunately. But at least when Maguires gone nobody will be calling him the "Iceman" but the fraud he truly is that rode his luck on the basis of Maguires transfer. Hopefully ETH sees this and doesnt start him too often because unlike some people I want this club to do well and not to say something like "I told you so"
Weird post. Lindelof is a very solid player who would do great for us, as he has done this season, in the easier games when our best defenders are rested or injured.

James35

McTominay, Maguire, Elanga, Telles, Bailly, Williams and Henderson.

No one is buying Martial.

Ghostrider318

Williams
Elanga
Axel
Bailly
Telles
Maguire
Martial
Henderson
Van De Beek

None of these player have anything to offer.

The White Pele

De Gea is probably top, sadly, because if he goes then it means we’re definitely signing a new keeper for the starting XI. All the other players I want to leave are on the fringes of the team anyway.

norm87cro

Weird post. Lindelof is a very solid player who would do great for us, as he has done this season, in the easier games when our best defenders are rested or injured.
No he really isnt. Whats wierd is that Im on topic because the thread says "Players YOU want to leave in the summer" and Im not trying to convince everyone about some stuff I dont agree with in this thread

RkkMan

De Gea, Henderson, Maguire, Bailly, Williams, Telles, Fred, VDB, Elanga and Martial are the ones I want gone gone 100% THIS summer no questions asked
Wouldn't mind players like AWB, McTominay and Sancho leaving if we get good offers but also wouldn't be completely upset if they stayed another season then seek to sell in 2024 for better players

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Williams
Elanga
Axel
Bailly
Telles
Maguire
Martial
Henderson
Van De Beek

None of these player have anything to offer.
Sad but true.
We'd be lucky if we averaged £20M each (ie. £180M for the lot of them). Most likely we'd get under £100M.
It's like we buy them when they are full of promise. We ruin them. Then sell them for peanuts.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
McTominay, Maguire, Elanga, Telles, Bailly, Williams and Henderson.

No one is buying Martial.
I find it hard to argue your list/main point. I would even consider the redeeming EtH effect working on Martial. I assume you are hoping for similar magic in respect of Jadon.

Kaos

Eh? If anything he's been made to look bad playing alongside Maguire, as did Martinez in the first few games of the season, similarly Varane. Its no coincidence Lindelof has given his best performances towards the end of the season when he didn't have captain calamity playing alongside him. Anyway Ten Hag has stated he's definitely not for sale so he clearly rates him.

James35

I find it hard to argue your list/main point. I would even consider the redeeming EtH effect working on Martial. I assume you are hoping for similar magic in respect of Jadon.
I would give Sancho another year and hope he realises his full potential under EtH but I fear the pressure may be too much. I love Martial but my patience has diminished greatly. If he could just stay fit for 10 straight games but it’s so doubtful and the main reason no one will buy him on his huge wages, loan is his best option until eventually leaving on a free, Phil Jones style.

Kaos

So my list:

De Gea - he needs to go. Ridiculously overpaid, and a complete liability for us and the manager. Makes no sense to keep him on as a no.2 considering the wages he'd be on.

Henderson - Him too. He's one of our sellable assets and he's clearly never going to be no.1, nor is he interested in being no.2. Not point keeping him when we can cash in on him.

Maguire - I needn't elaborate.

Martial - About as a reliable as a cheesecloth condom.

McTominay - Toss up between him and Fred tbh, as neither are good enough. But I've gone with Scott simply because like Hendo he's a sellable asset. Fred can at least do a job for us as a squad player (assuming we roll 'good Fred' whenever he's picked or comes on), that and he seems happy to just make up the numbers.

Williams - Not good enough, and way behind the pecking order for FB positions.

Elanga - As above. No point wasting another year of his career sending him out on loan when its inevitable he'll eventually be sold anyway.

Sancho - im 50/50 on him. I'm almost now firmly in the camp of him being a total and utter flop for us, so I'd caveat by saying get rid of him IF a decent offer comes in for him, or if we can use him in some sort of deal, such as for Harry Kane. If not I'm inclined to give him one more season.

RopersReturn

De Gea, Henderson, Maguire, Bailly, Williams, Telles, Fred, VDB, Elanga and Martial are the ones I want gone gone 100% THIS summer no questions asked
Wouldn't mind players like AWB, McTominay and Sancho leaving if we get good offers but also wouldn't be completely upset if they stayed another season then seek to sell in 2024 for better players
Good shout although I’d argue that a AWB, has actually improved since ETH’s arrival. Would prefer to offload McTominay, if anyone.

RopersReturn

Okay let's give this a go

De Gea
Henderson
Butland
Williams
Dalot
Maguire
Jones
Tuanzebe
Mctominay
Van de beek
Martial
Weghorst
Sancho
Elanga

I've probably missed a couple but there's a good start!
Top list, although I’m sure Dallot might’ve already left, and is currently playing for Milan ?

Onerealunited

Henderson
Butland
Williams
Telles
Maguire
Bailly
Jones
Tuanzebe
Sabitzer
Van de beek
Weghorst
Elanga

NLunited

Frenkie de Jong, I want him to leave Barçelona in the summer and come here

Chip

Maguire
Telles
Bailly
Jones
Elanga
Henderson
Donny

Depending on incomings we should get rid of Martial, McSauce, De Gea, and Sancho as well. The latter if we can redeem a decent fee.

norm87cro

Eh? If anything he's been made to look bad playing alongside Maguire, as did Martinez in the first few games of the season, similarly Varane. Its no coincidence Lindelof has given his best performances towards the end of the season when he didn't have captain calamity playing alongside him. Anyway Ten Hag has stated he's definitely not for sale so he clearly rates him.
Yeah well the Brighton game was his best in the shirt and not because of the penalty but even then we rode our luck and DDG made some great saves to keep it 0 0. The fact is after his every f... up in this few seasons with us some Maguire f... up happens as well and since the fans are too busy pointing out that we have a bad 80 mil english defender they forget we have a terrible 35 mil swedish one. I said it before we need at least two CBs since Maguires gone, Lindelof isnt first 11 material (at least we can agree on that I suppose aldo I rate him less than that), Varane is injury prone and Martinez is short and I hope we see him in different positions next season because he is versitale.

But yeah I really want him gone and if our very own talented wing foward who is a genuine asset can get slaughtered last season here (our worst since Moyes) surley a limited swedish CB with no visible qualities for a CB (areal presence, strenght, determenation, tackling ability, bravery or even speed) can get some stick from me without somebody trying to defend him.

I have nothing personal against the man he is just not suited for the PL IMO. Im certanly not going to bother people about my opinion on the Lindelof "appreciation thread" if there is one.

NLunited

Yeah well the Brighton game was his best in the shirt and not because of the penalty but even then we rode our luck and DDG made some great saves to keep it 0 0. The fact is after his every f... up in this few seasons with us some Maguire f... up happens as well and since the fans are too busy pointing out that we have a bad 80 mil english defender they forget we have a terrible 35 mil swedish one. I said it before we need at least two CBs since Maguires gone, Lindelof isnt first 11 material (at least we can agree on that I suppose aldo I rate him less than that), Varane is injury prone and Martinez is short and I hope we see him in different positions next season because he is versitale.

But yeah I really want him gone and if our very own talented wing foward who is a genuine asset can get slaughtered last season here (our worst since Moyes) surley a limited swedish CB with no visible qualities for a CB (areal presence, strenght, determenation, tackling ability, bravery or even speed) can get some stick from me without somebody trying to defend him.

I have nothing personal against the man he is just not suited for the PL IMO. Im certanly not going to bother people about my opinion on the Lindelof "appreciation thread" if there is one.
Do you have facts to back up your opinion on the man?

This season he has been solid: good passer, aggressive in duels and hardly any mistakes. Other teams want him.

He should def stay as back up cb, he can be trusted. Maguire not so much.

Varun1

Every summer for the last 5 years (at least), I've looked forward to who will leave the club permanently, and it's a disappointment every time. I feel this window will be no different.

I know many will say it's early days, but often you start reading about concrete links between player and club even before the window opens – after all clubs start working on their transfers well in advance of the transfer window opening. Other than Henderson (which seems to depend on DDG’s contract), I've not seen permanent links for any of our wantaway players yet.

yamo123x

Martial
Maguire
Fred
Henderson
VDB
Telles
Williams
Elanga
Jones

I would keep Mctominay if we dont get Rice/Amrabat.

Ghostrider318

Sad but true.
We'd be lucky if we averaged £20M each (ie. £180M for the lot of them). Most likely we'd get under £100M.
It's like we buy them when they are full of promise. We ruin them. Then sell them for peanuts.
Its just shit luck mixed with poor planning. I had decent hope for Brandon Williams and I guess we had the chance to sell him a year ago but we didnt. Axel played a monster game vs PSG and then Ole benched him for months and then we never saw him. Martial cant be arsed to play football even though we gave him so many chances. Maguire started well and then became a dumpster fire. Henderson was expected to be DDGs replacement. VDB we dint need, was a panic buy, never settled

Bertie Wooster

Maguire
Telles
Bailly
Jones
Elanga
Henderson
Donny

Depending on incomings we should get rid of Martial, McSauce, De Gea, and Sancho as well. The latter if we can redeem a decent fee.
Yeah, that's pretty much my thinking. And Williams in the first group as well

We need to get rid of the 'deadwood' who almost never feature. Of the first team players who do feature but it'll be nice to upgrade - De Gea, Maguire, Fred, McTominay, Martial - then some will have to stay for another 12 months as with the takeover dragging on / FFP rules then we won't be able to make enough signings to improve all the necessary first team positions and understudies in one window.

Some of those players might have to remain as squad players for another season before addressing those next summer.

But it's vital this window that, at the very least, we shift much of the deadwood out, and make a few of the key additions.

Robertd0803

Being somewhat realistic and taking in to account the likes of De Gea/McFred need replacing before being allowed to go.

Martial can just feck right off as far as Im concerned.

De Gea.
Maguire.
Martial.
Henderson.
Telles.
Bailly.
Tuanzebe (is he even still with us?).
Donny.
Elanga.
Fred.
McTominay.

Sancho Im hesitant on, still think theres something there, but if we have the chance to get a better option away we go.

Lee565

Okay let's give this a go

De Gea
Henderson
Butland
Williams
Telles
Dalot
Maguire
Bailly
Jones
Tuanzebe
Mctominay
Van de beek
Martial
Weghorst
Sancho
Elanga

I've probably missed a couple but there's a good start!
Would agree with this list but would add bissaka, yes he can be good defensively but he is not good enough on the ball.

It is so poor how the club has been ran that considering the combined total of the transfer fee for the players brought and also peak value of the other players in this list we will probably struggle to make 100 million back on them all

norm87cro

Do you have facts to back up your opinion on the man?

This season he has been solid: good passer, aggressive in duels and hardly any mistakes. Other teams want him.

He should def stay as back up cb, he can be trusted. Maguire not so much.
There are about a zillion facts about this man but nobody made a hate video like Maguires. He is NOT agressive never was never will. There is no need to mention Maguire since they both have to go I only stressed out he was lucky with Maguire on the team as the scapegoat