Players you had forgotten existed

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
And 1999-2001 (unless you'd remembered that stint)
Christ. If you'd had to watch him repeatedly kick the ball directly to an opposing striker, you wouldn't forget he existed. The very bottom rung of a desperate succession of keepers after Schmikes left.

Baxter

99withaflake

Scored one of the best goals I’ve seen in person in a Scottish Cup semi final, that we went onto lose :lol:

World Class I watched him play for Argyle a fair few times when I lived in Plymouth. He definitely frustrated a few fans, but also seemed like a lovely guy to have at the club!

pascell

Royston Drenthe. Remember he was highly rated as a youngster, managed to get a transfer to Real Madrid then went on to the big boys in Everton & Reading.

Bole Top

Bernard from Shakhtar, free agent since last month and still 25, it actually wouldn't be the worst idea to sign him.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Gomes from Barcelona. It's like they found him hiding down the back of the sofa at the nou camp and are trying to give him away.

Chairman Steve

Morten Gamst Pedersen. I swear he was in the Blackburn team for what felt like the entirety of my school years and the bastard always turned up against us and never against anyone else seemingly.

Think we got linked with him too before he went there. He’s apparently back at Tromsø now and 36 year olds which amazed me because I thought he’d be 40.

Tingen

Oscar.

Anders Lindegaard - to think he actually challenged De Gea for the GK-spot seems crazy now, but at the time he was more consistent IMO (consistently average that is)

Last edited by a moderator:

Infestissumam

completely forgot Alex Song. Was out of club for a few months, has now joined Swiss club FC Sion. Still only 30.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Junichi Inamoto and Henri Camara both still play. Camara is 41.

I find this an oddly calming thought.

Needham

Ashley Ward. Then I saw an epsiode of The Real Housewives of Cheshire. It's not as good as The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. But it's much better than The Real Housewives of Orange County.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Altidore. I saw him play a few weeks ago for Toronto FC and he scored. He never did that in England.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Yann M'Vila & Adam Ounas.

Used to be rated in Ligue 1. Wonder what happened to their careers.
M’Vila strikes me as the type that’d be in China now.

He went to Russia and disappeared for a bit then popped up at QPR and nothing didn’t he?

Micky Targaryen

M’Vila strikes me as the type that’d be in China now.

He went to Russia and disappeared for a bit then popped up at QPR and nothing didn’t he?
Ohh yeah completely forgotten about his QPR stint. He was linked with us before he joined QPR iirc. Heard nothing about him since then.

PaulRich

Stephen Carr. Tasty fullback for Spurs in his day - might be right in thinking he was linked to us at one point but injury scuppered it.

vodrake

Saw Emmanual Adebayor pop up with that Turkish team that Burnley are playing against in the EL last week. Didn't realize he was still playing. Wasn't even on the bench for them

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Huntelaar!
Back at Ajax which kinda makes me happy. Although he started at PSV and Heerenveen I like it when players return to the clubs of their youth.

Kinda hoping Ronaldo will return to Sporting once his Juve stint is finished.

Skubah

Could name loads of players that were supposed to be big things from the Barcelona academy - only for them to be remembered by Internet Memes and failed Wonderkid compilations on YouTube.

Bojan, Christian Tello, Jeffren and Cuenca etc...

Kostur

海尔的老板
Abou Diaby, for obvious reasons, had a quick glance at his transfermarkt profile and unfortunately it seems that nothing has changed with him, poor fecker.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Back at Ajax which kinda makes me happy. Although he started at PSV and Heerenveen I like it when players return to the clubs of their youth.
Yeah, saw that he scored for Ajax and thought „wow, Huntelaar still exists!“. :lol:

Never disliked him. He‘s probably underrated, too.

PINGUtd

Alex Song.

Just moved to FC Sion in Switzerland, crazy how his transfer to Barcelona ruined his career.