Players you had forgotten existed

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I went through from page 1-6, not many people pick me interest with their shout except one guy who shout Elano.

I forgot his existence, he used to have cracking shooting range and free kick. Amr Zaki was also an interesting one.

Scarlet_Emperor

Supports
CR Flamengo
Cristian Zaccardo - ITA
Matthew Upson - ENG
Helder Postiga - POR
Bosingwa - POR
Luís Boa Morte - POR
Abelardo - SPA
Jose Luis Caminero - SPA
José Francisco Porras - CRC (for those who have no clue, he was the starting Costa Rican goalkeeper in WC 2006 with Paulo Wanchope and cia)
Javier Saviola - ARG
Dieter Eilts - GER
Markus Babbel - GER
Sinha - MEX
Frode Grödas - NOR
Pavel Kuka - CZC

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Read an interview with Matt Jarvis at the weekend.

Guy was a good player for Wolves, got a cap for England in 2011 and West Ham signed him for 10m afterwards.

He has not played a game since May 2016! Had loads of injuries. Now at Norwich for anyone wondering.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Where's Adel Taraabt? I know I can Google it but more interesting here.

Also, Wilhelmsson, Vagner Love, Jo, Ghaly & Mido?

SiamDevil

Schneiderlin surprisingly since he’s only left us in 2017. Guess it just further supports how pointless he was for us. Barely plays for Everton now and could be leaving.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Schneiderlin surprisingly since he’s only left us in 2017. Guess it just further supports how pointless he was for us. Barely plays for Everton now and could be leaving.
I thought he was brilliant at Southampton. Didn't work out for him at Man. United and guess like so many he's lost that drive since leaving a club of that size (was also in France euro 2016 squad).

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Samir Nasri.

I had quite forgotten this lad existed after the whole doping business, then he pops up out of the blue wearing a West Ham shirt and a devilish grin. Bizarre.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Was supposed to be the greatest Serbian player of the late '90s, but utterly failed at Barça (The NATO vs Serbia war made him understandably moody and Van Gaal was unsurprisingly harsh). Played decently for Valladolid some seasons though.
oh wow. That doesn't even ring a bell at all.

Song.
Was a constant fixture for Arsenal for alteast 2 seasons.He then signed for Barca and over a short time completely disappeared.

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
Junior Hoilett. Remember some hype around him when he was at Blackburn around 2010. Then he disappeared until he just came on as a sub for Cardiff.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Kiko Macheda

What a fecking goal
I'd be willing to bed a substantial amount of money that you never forgot Macheda. ;)

Elano. Caught some Premiership Years on sky the other day and saw him for City. Completely forgot he existed. Tidy little player too.

Vincent Janssen
Just googled him to see where he's playing now, still at Spurs :lol:

I thought he left at least 2 years ago haha. He's only 24 too! :houllier: I think in my mind I merged Janssen and Soldado into one person. They didn't even give him a squad number, even though #9 is vacant. Wonder how valued he feels there...

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Read an interview with Matt Jarvis at the weekend.

Guy was a good player for Wolves, got a cap for England in 2011 and West Ham signed him for 10m afterwards.

He has not played a game since May 2016! Had loads of injuries. Now at Norwich for anyone wondering.
So weird I mentioned him as Walsall signed him on loan for rest of the season today. So will hopefully catch him play a live game or two.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Junior Hoilett. Remember some hype around him when he was at Blackburn around 2010. Then he disappeared until he just came on as a sub for Cardiff.
Reminded me a lot of Ashley Young in those Blackburn games. QPR was just a poor move like so many players who've gone there.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Tom Cleverley.

Career predictably fizzled out since he left Man. United.

Back playing for Watford tonight.

Red Stone

Tom Cleverley.

Career predictably fizzled out since he left Man. United.

Back playing for Watford tonight.
Him and Anderson were immense during that period where we were destroying teams for fun. The 8-2 vs. Arsenal came during that time. Welbeck, Rooney, Nani, Chicharito and Young made up the rest of our attack in those games and Young, the oldest of the lot at 33, is the one playing at the highest level today. The others have pretty much completely disappeared as footballers. Crazy stuff.

Anders Lindegaard made eight appearances for us that season. He fits right in here. Actually into his second season at Burnley now, but he hasn't played a game in the Premier League since he last played for us.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ashley Fletcher. Genuinely forgot he existed, only to see him on Sunderland Till I die. Should have stayed at United the dumb fecker.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ashley Fletcher. Genuinely forgot he existed, only to see him on Sunderland Till I die. Should have stayed at United the dumb fecker.
He wouldn’t have made it here

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I was watching Eto’o goals in YouTube for no reason, and I saw that France attacker who used to play with him and Ronaldinho together, googled it and remember his name Ludovic Giuly

kthanksbye

Think it's about time Ben Arfa scores a wonder goal that does the rounds on the internet in the form of videos and gifs, only to completely disappear for another year and a half.

R77

I was watching Eto’o goals in YouTube for no reason, and I saw that France attacker who used to play with him and Ronaldinho together, googled it and remember his name Ludovic Giuly
I still remember the Monaco team he played in before he went to Barca, for some reason. Prso, Rothen, Morientes, and Guily. They were good to watch. Some lad called Evra too. Can't remember of it was the CL semi or final, but they lost to Mourinho's Porto! Takes me back.

Red Stone

I still remember the Monaco team he played in before he went to Barca, for some reason. Prso, Rothen, Morientes, and Guily. They were good to watch. Some lad called Evra too. Can't remember of it was the CL semi or final, but they lost to Mourinho's Porto! Takes me back.
For some reason I remember Plasil from that team, who is still playing professionally!

In other news, Adebayor was on the bench for Monaco in that final in 2004.

R77

For some reason I remember Plasil from that team, who is still playing professionally!

In other news, Adebayor was on the bench for Monaco in that final in 2004.
Funny how it came to mind as soon as I was reminded of Guily. I totally forgot Adebayor. Shabani Nonda was on the bench too, who I only recall because a lad I worked with (in Holland) at the time kept saying to watch out for him. He ended up warming the bench for Blackburn some years later!