Playing Martinez after he sustained an injury..

BristolMick

Does anyone know which leg his muscle injury was on when he got injured playing for Ajax against Feyenoord?

I was looking through his injury history and it seems his foot and knee injury are both on his right side. I just wonder if the muscle injury he sustained was also on the right side. If so it's quite concerning as suggests a potential weakness there through the injuries sustained which may keep causing reoccurring injuries.

Worried Martinez could become the new Bailly. Depending on when he returns from injury there's a chance he may have made less appearances than Bailly did in his first 2 seasons at United.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Does anyone know which leg his muscle injury was on when he got injured playing for Ajax against Feyenoord?

I was looking through his injury history and it seems his foot and knee injury are both on his right side. I just wonder if the muscle injury he sustained was also on the right side. If so it's quite concerning as suggests a potential weakness there through the injuries sustained which may keep causing reoccurring injuries.

Worried Martinez could become the new Bailly. Depending on when he returns from injury there's a chance he may have made less appearances than Bailly did in his first 2 seasons at United.
Not if you look at the mechanism of the injuries. Even if the fracture in his foot and muscular injury were on the same side as his MCL strain you can clearly see exactly how his latest injury happened. And it wasn’t anything to do with weakness. It was an 80kg human putting all his weight on the outside of the knee joint. You’re looking for patterns that aren’t there.

Meep

Are we talking about children? An adult would have been clear that he was coming off the pitch when he felt something twisted in his knee. This is on Martinez. But also on the doctor who could have forced him off with one check question.

Gator Nate

My hard on is stupid?

Martial came out and publically criticised Ole for obligating him to play through injury. Ole played Rashford down to the ground when he really badly needed shoulder surgery. Ole couldn't keep Varane fit.

Have a word with yourself before comparing that to Licha playing for another 2 mins after being assessed by the head doctor mid game.

fecking hell :lol:
Varane played 6 EPL games, 3 CL games, and 4 games for the French national team in the (just under) three months he played for Ole at United. I think he picked up something at the end of that but he was back in the squad within a few weeks.

Jordi Cruyff 99

Where are all of the geniuses in here with their pub talk absurdly claiming that the injury could not have been exacerbated? Knee ligament damage - clearly not a full rupture, but so easily could have been.

Tyrion

Crap. He was obviously injured, no one would have complained. It was obvious something was wrong. It would have simply been unfortunate.
Not true.
I disagree. If we start to play badly soon after a substitution, there's normally a few threads demanding ten Hag be sacked immediately. Fitness and injury issues aren't factored into the ranting.