Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
To be fair Xbox One has kicked me from a few single player games when I've disconnected. Some next gen games just seem to be set up that way, as you're often playing single player but connected to their servers.

Shark

@NotShark
Guys need some help. My PS4, which was working perfectly fine last night won't progress past the startup screen into the operating system, it just makes the selection sound when I press X and that's it. The light on the PS4 is still white.

EDIT: It's also making two beeps when I shut the console down.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Guys need some help. My PS4, which was working perfectly fine last night won't progress past the startup screen into the operating system, it just makes the selection sound when I press X and that's it. The light on the PS4 is still white.

EDIT: It's also making two beeps when I shut the console down.
You should have left it alone :p People have reported that during the DDOS attack startup was taking longer than usual.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
I can't log into psn. My ps4 is also making 2 bleeps when it turns off.

What's going on?

Shark

@NotShark
If you can get to the settings menu, somewhere in there there is a checkbox to tell the PS4 not to connect to the Net. Then you can turn the router back on.
Yeah I did that mate and everything is fine, it started up instantly. You reckon it's a problem with my internet connection, or is it something to do with this PSN problem?

Alock1

cnuts.

Are they just nailing Sony servers or is there risk of security to info and what not?

Alock1

I did consider just using PSN cards at one point but I'm far too lazy.

Leg-End

The same group has targeted loads of sites recently, savages even took down Brazzers for a spell.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The same group has targeted loads of sites recently, savages even took down Brazzers for a spell.
I read this too. Totally unacceptable! These little scrotes should be found, forced to watch sex in the city, from start to finish, on repeat, for at least 20 years.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
So have Sony admitted a cyber attack yet or are they continuing to go with the resolving issues garbage?

WeasteDevil

It isn't even hacking. More like script kiddies found a program to spam it all with.
Yeah, but they are playing with fire. That Lizard tweeted about a bomb being on the president of SOE's plane, it's had to be diverted.

This is weird shit!

WeasteDevil

PlayStation Network Update
+ Posted by Sid Shuman on Aug 24, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Like other major networks around the world, the PlayStation Network and Sony Entertainment Network have been impacted by an attempt to overwhelm our network with artificially high traffic.

Although this has impacted your ability to access our network and enjoy our services, no personal information has been accessed.

We will continue to work towards fixing this issue and hope to have our services up and running as soon as possible.

We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.