Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Castia

Yeah I'm not risking it now tonight, cba playing Diablo for it to keep getting dc'd.

Nanook

LizardSquad are just taking credit for the attack, the real culprit is supposedly a guy/group called FamedGod, they put out a YouTube video an hour ago.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
At first I thought that the flight might have been diverted due to the earthquake, but it seems not.
I think it's a smokescreen. I mean many people are capable of basic attacks like this and get away with it. A number of people on this site alone could, including you and I.

The plane thing is interesting, but seriously, if this was a real group with real abilities, why hit such soft targets? It doesn't make sense.

ThaReaper01

I beat inFamous: Second Son today. Pretty happy about that as it was a terrific play through. Last week was the first time I'd play it since March 23rd. So I beat the game in basically a week. Gonna get 100% here soon then maybe play through again as an evil bastard.

Kaos

So I succumbed I preordered the white PS4 bundle with Destiny and TLOU. I haven't played any of those games, I hope you gimps are spot on with the hype.

Also as a PC gamer, I've been a bit out of the loop with regards to console games. Anything else worth picking up? Fifa 15 will be a given, I have no interest in COD.

Is Assassins Creed Black flag worth it?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
So I succumbed I preordered the white PS4 bundle with Destiny and TLOU. I haven't played any of those games, I hope you gimps are spot on with the hype.

Also as a PC gamer, I've been a bit out of the loop with regards to console games. Anything else worth picking up? Fifa 15 will be a given, I have no interest in COD.

I'm really enjoying it. There are lots of things to do, but the main thing is that they are actually fun to do. True, there are still some annoying 'follow / eavesdrop' missions, but the sailing is fun, the naval battles are great, and the missions / activities on the many islands are also good fun.

You have complete freedom as to what to do - so if you want to attack other ships to steal their cargo and improve your own ship you can, if you want to search for the various buried treasures you can, or if you want to tackle the many assassination missions, you can do that too. That is all, of course, in addition to the main story.

I think the element I most enjoy are the stealth elements. These factor in missions, but also the assassination and warehouse-raiding side missions. Sneaking through the bushes and plotting your route, whilst silently killing the various guards hasn't gotten old yet :)

I've noticed more and more that I am preferring the open world games, as opposed to more linear games. In that regard, ACIV doesn't disappoint - plus it looks fantastic on the PS4.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"

Destiny could possibly be completed in a few hours given the info given so far. The multiplayer is nothing special, from the beta.

Heavily DLC based.

Cina

Destiny could possibly be completed in a few hours given the info given so far. The multiplayer is nothing special, from the beta.

Heavily DLC based.
Destiny's an MMO. There's no 'completing' it, really. It's a case of how often they crack out new end game content, which I assume will be quite often if they're not charging any subscription for it.

Kaos

Heavily DLC based.
To echo Cina, I heard it was essentially a borderlands-style MMO based on gearing and doing instances. That's whats drawn me towards it.

Kaos

I'm really enjoying it. There are lots of things to do, but the main thing is that they are actually fun to do. True, there are still some annoying 'follow / eavesdrop' missions, but the sailing is fun, the naval battles are great, and the missions / activities on the many islands are also good fun.

You have complete freedom as to what to do - so if you want to attack other ships to steal their cargo and improve your own ship you can, if you want to search for the various buried treasures you can, or if you want to tackle the many assassination missions, you can do that too. That is all, of course, in addition to the main story.

I think the element I most enjoy are the stealth elements. These factor in missions, but also the assassination and warehouse-raiding side missions. Sneaking through the bushes and plotting your route, whilst silently killing the various guards hasn't gotten old yet :)

I've noticed more and more that I am preferring the open world games, as opposed to more linear games. In that regard, ACIV doesn't disappoint - plus it looks fantastic on the PS4.
Sounds good. Just realised its cheaper on the PC so I might just pick it up on that....providing its not another godawful Ubisoft port.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Heavily DLC based.
Huh? How is that possible? I put in more hours than that on the first day of the alpha, let alone beta...

And I take it you mean the competitive multiplayer? it's not to everyone's liking (@Glock17 hated it) but until you try the full package I wouldn't write it off... I thought it was great personally.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah, I can't imagine anyone playing the multiplayer as a standalone. It's a supplement to the PvE where you would likely only play it if you want to progress your guy, get loot for him, test his stuff etc. It's playable - but there's nothing innovative about it, and other games do it all better.

It plays like a COD game where everyone just runs around and it comes down to who sees who first, there's very little skill on show. But COD has better mechanics **(tighter controls, solid hit detection, 60fps)** whilst Destiny loses in those aspects. Any fans of COD who dislike Ghosts will likely put it down to the huge and open maps which is something that Destiny incorporates. There just isn't enough rooms, enough corridors, enough corners for that type of gameplay.

The game will definitely suffer from being overhyped like Titanfall in terms of public opinion I think. They've been careful to not call it an MMO cause it's not quite there. People are expecting it to have a great multiplayer and I'm sorry but I can't see general opinion being that it's more than sufficient. People say they had a good time but there's nothing about it to make it lasting - it'll only last because of the PvE alongside it. I'm glad for the beta because I readjusted my expectations for it and know what I want from it. I was incredibly let down by the multiplayer but I'm now buying the game with no hope for it.. if it can prove me wrong and I get into it then it's a massive bonus.

I expect it'll have a fairly shit story too, as these games often do. It'll be sufficient to support the whole exploring, raids, social elements of the game.

The PvE stuff is great though, as long as you have friends to play with. It's just Borderlands; it's going around killing a shit load of enemies and getting a shiny new weapon every so often which can be mega enjoyable even if a bit mindless.

** - obviously comparing COD to a beta of the game. Perhaps they can improve in those areas.

Kaos

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone playing the multiplayer as a standalone. It's a supplement to the PvE where you would likely only play it if you want to progress your guy, get loot for him, test his stuff etc. It's playable - but there's nothing innovative about it, and other games do it all better.

It plays like a COD game where everyone just runs around and it comes down to who sees who first, there's very little skill on show. But COD has better mechanics **(tighter controls, solid hit detection, 60fps)** whilst Destiny loses in those aspects. Any fans of COD who dislike Ghosts will likely put it down to the huge and open maps which is something that Destiny incorporates. There just isn't enough rooms, enough corridors, enough corners for that type of gameplay.

The game will definitely suffer from being overhyped like Titanfall in terms of public opinion I think. They've been careful to not call it an MMO cause it's not quite there. People are expecting it to have a great multiplayer and I'm sorry but I can't see general opinion being that it's more than sufficient. People say they had a good time but there's nothing about it to make it lasting - it'll only last because of the PvE alongside it. I'm glad for the beta because I readjusted my expectations for it and know what I want from it. I was incredibly let down by the multiplayer but I'm now buying the game with no hope for it.. if it can prove me wrong and I get into it then it's a massive bonus.

I expect it'll have a fairly shit story too, as these games often do. It'll be sufficient to support the whole exploring, raids, social elements of the game.

The PvE stuff is great though, as long as you have friends to play with. It's just Borderlands; it's going around killing a shit load of enemies and getting a shiny new weapon every so often which can be mega enjoyable even if a bit mindless.

** - obviously comparing COD to a beta of the game. Perhaps they can improve in those areas.

You can't really compare this to COD though. COD gamers are very much their own demographic - they only really play COD for the most part. They don't have the patience for slower shooters with bigger maps and a longer TTK, as well as the considerable PVE emphasis in games like Destiny or Borderlands.

Might as well compare Drive Club to Mario Kart.

Bojan11

I agree with Glock for a change, I don't see Destiny PvP being very popular to be honest. And that is what a lot of people will buy it for. I played it and to be honest even though I did decent at it. There's too many load outs and fecking around to do. And what class to choose.

Why can't developers make shooters, where you all carry the same default weapon and fight for power weapons on the map?

I think it will end up like Titanfall unless they update the content daily. Which Bungie were good at for Halo online. But Activision wouldn't want it to be just flavour of the month considering the money they have spent on it.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
But it's fair to use it as a frame of reference by @Glock17 there though I think. If technically it's worse, it is noticeable by someone playing something tighter.

Last time I played a COD, the technical side in terms of the gun mechanics seemed fine (if not particularly noteworthy), but on the other side something like Infinite was shockingly poor. Comparing shooters on that level is fair game to me.

Of course they could tighten it all up, but stuff like that isn't always done this late in the game, if they even see it as a problem at all.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
So any console exclusives to look out for in the future? Bearing in mind I have a gaming PC.
The main PS4 Exclusives that people are looking forward to that'll be out soon are, Driveclub (October), The Order 1886 (February), Bloodborne (Early 2015? not too sure about the release date on that one)

No Man's Sky will be a timed PS4 exclusive too but I don't think that'll be getting released anytime within the next year.

Kaos

The main PS4 Exclusives that people are looking forward to that'll be out soon are, Driveclub (October), The Order 1886 (February), Bloodborne (Early 2015? not too sure about the release date on that one)

No Man's Sky will be a timed PS4 exclusive too but I don't think that'll be getting released anytime within the next year.
Ta.

The Order looks intriguing.

WeasteDevil

So any console exclusives to look out for in the future? Bearing in mind I have a gaming PC.
As far as I know this is a list of announced games that are either first to next-gen console (timed or PC as well), only on Sony consoles (so includes PS3 and VITA), or only on PS4 full stop. I've underlines those published by Sony.

Infamous First Light
Natural Doctrine
Driveclub
Samurai Warriors 4
LittleBigPlanet 3
-----------------------------------------------------
CounterSpy
Helldivers
Hotline Miami
Journey
Not a Hero
N++
Pavilion
Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
Switch Galaxy Ultra
The Witness
Super Exploding Zoo
Unfinished Swan
Velocity 2X

Alienation
Axiom Verge
Bloodborne
Bombshell
Broforce
Deep Down
Dragon Fin Soup
Dreadnaught
EverQuest Next
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

H-Hour: World's Elite
H1Z1
Hyperdimension Neptunia V II
Kingdom Under Fire II
Kodoku
Let It Die
Loadout
Mobile Suit Gundam
Omega Quintet
Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive
PlanetSide 2
Project Phoenix
Ratchet & Clank
Ready to Run
Rime
Shadow of the Beast

Silent Hill ???
SNOW
SOMA
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order: 1886
The Tomorrow Childre

Tottemo E Mahjong Plus
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn

Wild
Without Memory
Yakuza Ishin (if it ever comes to the west)

Last edited:

Kaos

As far as I know this is a list of announced games that are either first to next-gen console (timed), only on Sony consoles (so includes PS3 and VITA), or only on PS4 full stop. I've underlines those published by Sony.

Infamous First Light
Natural Doctrine
Driveclub
Samurai Warriors 4
LittleBigPlanet 3
-----------------------------------------------------
CounterSpy
Helldivers
Hotline Miami
Journey
Not a Hero
N++
Pavilion
Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
Switch Galaxy Ultra
The Witness
Super Exploding Zoo
Unfinished Swan
Velocity 2X

Alienation
Axiom Verge
Bloodborne
Bombshell
Broforce
Deep Down
Dragon Fin Soup
Dreadnaught
EverQuest Next
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

H-Hour: World's Elite
H1Z1
Hyperdimension Neptunia V II
Kingdom Under Fire II
Kodoku
Let It Die
Loadout
Mobile Suit Gundam
Omega Quintet
Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive
PlanetSide 2
Project Phoenix
Ratchet & Clank
Ready to Run
Rime
Shadow of the Beast

Silent Hill ???
SNOW
SOMA
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order: 1886
The Tomorrow Childre

Tottemo E Mahjong Plus
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn

Wild
Without Memory
Yakuza Ishin (if it ever comes to the west)
Thanks Weaste, pretty formidable list that.

Didn't realise a Hotline Miami sequel was so soon away, I bleeding loved the first game :drool:

Bojan11

Disappointing that Sega have announced another Yakuza and it doesn't ever look likely it will come to the US/UK again. The new one will be set in the 80s too.

Yakuza 3 and 4 were two of my favourite games from last gen.

Kaos

I really do hate Sega. First they prematurely kill the Shenmue series, and now they're shafting Western gamers as they've always historically done. Its one of those big gaming names I hope wither away into nothing and have their IPs swallowed up by other companies that at least pretend to give half a shit.

Hal9000

Planetside 2 has been confirmed to be within 2014, then again they only have 4 months left...

Kaos

PlanetSide 2 would be interesting.

I liked it on PC but I couldn't stand the vehicle controls. I might actually be able to fly something on the DualShock 4 without unintentionally kamikazi-ing within 5 seconds of being in the air.

Leg-End

Disappointing that Sega have announced another Yakuza and it doesn't ever look likely it will come to the US/UK again. The new one will be set in the 80s too.

Yakuza 3 and 4 were two of my favourite games from last gen.
-the story takes place in December 1988
-2 main characters: Kiryu Kazuma and Majima Goro
-Kiryu is 20 years old who is living off part time job (tokyo)
-Majima Goro is 24 years old (osaka)
-the story eventually leads to Ryu ga gotoku 1, so you will see lots of characters from Ryu ga gotoku 1

I'd kill to play that game, fecking Sega.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
Is it currently undergoing maintenance for anyone else?

Bojan11

-the story takes place in December 1988
-2 main characters: Kiryu Kazuma and Majima Goro
-Kiryu is 20 years old who is living off part time job (tokyo)
-Majima Goro is 24 years old (osaka)
-the story eventually leads to Ryu ga gotoku 1, so you will see lots of characters from Ryu ga gotoku 1

I'd kill to play that game, fecking Sega.
The game that nobody wanted localised in Dead Souls they released here.

Releasing it right at the beginning of a consoles life cycle would be their best chance of gaining sales. Zero could get good sales in the West if they marketed it right.