Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Leg-End

The game that nobody wanted localised in Dead Souls they released here.

Releasing it right at the beginning of a consoles life cycle would be their best chance of gaining sales. Zero could get good sales in the West if they marketed it right.
Yep I even brought Dead Souls, I like the series that much.

Sega are just out of touch, have been for a long time and I've given up any hope of them ever actually recovering.

Jacob

feck sake, I was looking forward to some BF4 after work and this happens.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
But it's fair to use it as a frame of reference by @Glock17 there though I think. If technically it's worse, it is noticeable by someone playing something tighter.

Last time I played a COD, the technical side in terms of the gun mechanics seemed fine (if not particularly noteworthy), but on the other side something like Infinite was shockingly poor. Comparing shooters on that level is fair game to me.

Of course they could tighten it all up, but stuff like that isn't always done this late in the game, if they even see it as a problem at all.
I actually think he likes games that play a certain way (which is fair enough), and is adverse to anything that is a bit different, he hates BF4 too...

Wrt Destiny MP, there are people out there that don't like it... but they tend to have been expecting a certain type of MP and have been underwhelmed/dissapointed. Let's be honest, you can't make a MP shooter that everyone will love, there will always be some that dislike it or parts of it... the majority from the gaf threads (for instance) seem to be okay with it. Make of that what you will...

There's too many load outs and fecking around to do. And what class to choose.

Why can't developers make shooters, where you all carry the same default weapon and fight for power weapons on the map?
What did you think of BF4?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I actually think he likes games that play a certain way (which is fair enough), and is adverse to anything that is a bit different, he hates BF4 too...

Wrt Destiny MP, there are people out there that don't like it... but they tend to have been expecting a certain type of MP and have been underwhelmed/dissapointed. Let's be honest, you can't make a MP shooter that everyone will love, there will always be some that dislike it or parts of it... the majority from the gaf threads (for instance) seem to be okay with it. Make of that what you will...

What did you think of BF4?
Agreeing with Alock or agreeing with those morons over there?

Talk about rock and a hard place :lol:

afrocentricity

It's amazing really because he's a Halo nut, is really looking forward to the Master Chief Collection, and trusts 343i to the hilt to make Halo 5 decent. Go figure.......
I reckon he's underestimating the story aspect too... this is bungie. Obviously the story elements were clipped for the alpha/beta. That just makes sense...

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Don't have much faith in Bungie do you?
Well yeah because I thought it was going to be incredible, like GOTY (and perhaps considered a GOAT) until seeing alpha footage and then playing beta. I made this thread and found all those codes because of my faith in Bungie, but after playing it I've readjusted my expectations. Even then I expect a great game I just think it'll lack great multiplayer and have a fairly forgetful story which people would expect from such a hyped game. Me saying itll suffer in perception because of hype isn't a criticism it's just one of those things..

Saying the PVP is uninspired and twitch gameplay where it's rare you get 1v1s and immense firefights (like Halo) and is infact running around killing someone in the back before they can react is an observation which faith in Bungie doesn't really change. @Kaos it's multiplayer gameplay at its core is more COD inspired than Halo, so what else should I compare it to?

The beta didn't hint at a good story, and I've generally found these open world shared experiences (mmos or borderlands) have fairly boring stories just to satisfy a game. So I'm not expecting one.. and that's ok. It's a symptom of the genre.

I'm still buying it day 1 and have said how I think the PvE side is awesome fun. All my criticisms are reasoned, no?

Alock1

I reckon he's underestimating the story aspect too... this is bungie. Obviously the story elements were clipped for the alpha/beta. That just makes sense...
Maybe, I've always said my observations are mostly based on the beta and I'm open to being proved wrong.

I just think the best stories are generally very linear and single player experiences. A game which is so open and broad, which serves to support exploring, loot and all that generally has to have a story that fits around it and involves tedious tasks and convulsive ways of linking things. Fair play to them if they succeed in providing a great story in this structure though.

Castia

The PvE content will surprise people I think. The end game includes raids, if it's anything like a proper MMO setting then they will last ages. I know they're 6 man and according to Bungie they are hard so here's hoping they take a while to finish.

afrocentricity

I'm still buying it day 1 and have said how I think the PvE co op side is awesome fun. All my criticisms are reasoned, no?
I don't think so... but who cares. I hope you get pleasantly surprised. Because I'm expecting it to be great... I even preordered, which I never do.

One things for sure, servers will be all over the place come launch...

Alock1

The game will last ages if you're willing to buy the DLC and put effort into finding people to do the raids with (since no matchmaking)

I'm not a DLC game but have said a few times I think this game could easily convince me to spend good money on expansions.

I don't think so... but who cares. I hope you get pleasantly surprised. Because I'm expecting it to be great... I even preordered, which I never do.

One things for sure, servers will be all over the place come launch...
Which criticisms aren't reasoned?

And yes, I've preordered to and really looking forward to it. I just don't expect every aspect to be great.

Hal9000

Problem i find with bungie and it's a criticism i also have with Halo is how the games handle when PVP multiplayer.

Halo and Destiny handle awful when it comes to PVP. Find it's very heavy and clunky and lacks any fluidity to it.

Don't mind it when it comes to PVE, just don't think it transfer well when things get bit more fast paced.

WeasteDevil

Yep I even brought Dead Souls, I like the series that much.

Sega are just out of touch, have been for a long time and I've given up any hope of them ever actually recovering.
What they did to Valkyria Chronicles pisses me off the most. The first wasn't perfect, but with a little bit of tweaking that thing could have been great, but instead they made two fecking PSP sequels.

Leg-End

What they did to Valkyria Chronicles pisses me off the most. The first wasn't perfect, but with a little bit of tweaking that thing could have been great, but instead they made two fecking PSP sequels.
They consistently send things out to die, when even was the last successful Sega published release if you take away the Football Manager franchise?

Alock1

Gears of War, Halo, Titanfall, TLOU, Future Soldier, Battlefield, Uncharted, GTA, Max Payne 3 and COD are the multiplayer shooters I've played most in recent years (20 hrs+ minimum on all I think), all play majorly different. I've also said many times on here I'm a huge fan of arena shooters so I'm not sure how that works.

And I don't hate Battlefield 4, you're just making shit up now :lol: - must have clocked up 20 hrs on it easily and have never claimed to hate it once.

afrocentricity

Ok, prefer COD close quarters twitch shooters... and hate the slower paced vehicular combat.

I'm not making shit up, I honestly think you find it hard to remember your previous posts in any given argument so you shout bollocks and rely on the fact that most people cant be bothered to traipse through posts to prove you wrong.

And thats giving you the benefit of the doubt :lol:

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
The PvE content will surprise people I think. The end game includes raids, if it's anything like a proper MMO setting then they will last ages. I know they're 6 man and according to Bungie they are hard so here's hoping they take a while to finish.
:lol:

Alock1

Ok, prefer COD close quarters twitch shooters... and hate the slower paced vehicular combat.

I'm not making shit up, I honestly think you find it hard to remember your previous posts in any given argument so you shout bollocks and rely on the fact that most people cant be bothered to traipse through posts to prove you wrong.

And thats giving you the benefit of the doubt :lol:
But I don't. I didn't like Ghosts, and only Titanfall is fast out of those. Gears of War and Halo are much slower than Destiny, take more skill, are less twitch. So how do you conclude I only like COD like shooters? Especially since I've gone on many times to say I was disappointed that Destiny is 'COD like'. I've also explained that the COD game mode I like is Search and Destroy and played it on Gamebattles, those games are far slower than any Battlefield mode.

Nah, you are making shit up. If I criticize something you think I hate it, it's ridiculous. I've never said anything close to hating on Battlefield.

Alock1

6 hard men who take a while to finish? I dunno

Castia

Lol feck I've only just noticed that. Yeah it does sound a bit gay.

afrocentricity

But I don't. I didn't like Ghosts, and only Titanfall is fast out of those. Gears of War and Halo are much slower than Destiny, take more skill, are less twitch. So how do you conclude I only like COD like shooters? Especially since I've gone on many times to say I was disappointed that Destiny is 'COD like'. I've also explained that the COD game mode I like is Search and Destroy and played it on Gamebattles, those games are far slower than any Battlefield mode.

Nah, you are making shit up. If I criticize something you think I hate it, it's ridiculous. I've never said anything close to hating on Battlefield.
To be honest, I really don't care about this as much as you... so you like Battlefield now? great...

Alock1

You brought up the games I play, not me.

afrocentricity

It was off the cuff, it's entirely possible that I've gotten you mixed up with some other caftard... Out of all those shooters you listed, which ones do you prefer the most, i.e. your go to game.

Alock1

Whichever has come out most recently or what mates are playing for go to.. on Xbox One my go to games have been Trials Fusion, Forza 5 and Fifa rather than shooters to be honest.

In the last year I probably played TLOU or Titanfall the most, about 40 hrs each I reckon. Got about 25 hrs on Battlefield, which would be a lot more if it wasn't for the bugs it had. COD Ghosts I've racked up about 6 hours I think.

Being ridiculously bored I got back into competitive Search n Destroy on COD 4 which has been brilliant. We're currently 8th! Sad as feck I know..

My favourites from last generation were Gears of War 1, COD 4, Halo 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, Uncharted 3, SC Double Agent, Red Dead Redemption, Left 4 Dead. Admittedly Battlefield 3 doesn't make it.

Last edited:

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Whichever has come out most recently or what mates are playing for go to.. on Xbox One my go to games have been Trials Fusion, Forza 5 and Fifa rather than shooters to be honest.

In the last year I probably played TLOU or Titanfall the most, about 40 hrs each I reckon. Got about 25 hrs on Battlefield, which would be a lot more if it wasn't for the bugs it had. COD Ghosts I've racked up about 6 hours I think.

Being ridiculously bored I got back into competitive Search n Destroy on COD 4 which has been brilliant. We're currently 8th! Sad as feck I know..

My favourites from last generation were Gears of War 1, COD 4, Halo 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, Uncharted 3, SC Double Agent, Red Dead Redemption, Left 4 Dead. Admittedly Battlefield 3 doesn't make it.
Gears of War 1 was probably my favourite game of the last generation too. I did love Rainbow Six Vegas too.

Alock1

8th on the ladder. Doesn't really mean much any more as not many people play it. We've won 9 and lost 1.

And yeah, it's awful. Good job we recorded our podcast before this, it was meltdown enough.

Alock1

Gears of War 1 was probably my favourite game of the last generation too. I did love Rainbow Six Vegas too.
I've still got Gears 1. You reckon people still play it?

I got every achievement on it but Serious. I think I had about 9600 kills when I stopped, maybe more - I was really close anyway.

Alock1

GRAW 1 was great, but was that last gen? I had it on PS2.

I think I actually played Splinter Cell Blacklist multiplayer more than anything in the last year. I nailed it before lending it to a mate for 1 weekend and still haven't got it back.

2v2 spies vs mercs is absolutely amazing.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
I've still got Gears 1. You reckon people still play it?

I got every achievement on it but Serious. I think I had about 9600 kills when I stopped, maybe more - I was really close anyway.
Funnily enough I just played a Gears of War 1 match for the first time in about a year after being invited by someone. People still play it it seems, but I bet they all still leave ranked matches after the first round.

No love for GRAW1/2?

Sold... does anyone break down and cry on air?
Oh lord, I forgot about GRAW! That was an awesome game, I put so many hours into that.

afrocentricity

I'm sure I had them both on XB360, also had 1 on PC (a very different game - better)...

Alock1

Funnily enough I just played a Gears of War 1 match for the first time in about a year after being invited by someone. People still play it it seems, but I bet they all still leave ranked matches after the first round.
How was it? I'm more than happy to go on that again with you.. though perhaps I should just concentrate on getting my Gears 3 levels to decent again after last night.