Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Rocket League :drool: This will be chaos. Styx appealed to me at one point till I see the gameplay... then thought it looked awful.

Entwined looks like it isn't my normal type of game, but it could be good for practicing using both anolog sticks together with more accuracy.. like a training tool.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Never heard of any of those games apart from Geometry wars(xbox arcade game?)

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Rocket League looks the craic, and I remember really liking how Styx looked before release, at which point it was near universally panned as utter tripe. Free tripe though, so I'll give it a shot anyway!

Mousecraft looks kinda alright, and Entwined too I guess, Geometry Wars looks fecked though.

justboy68

Rocket league should be a good laugh. I don't think Styx was panned as you guys are making out, Metacritic has it with a critic score of 70/100 and a user score of 7.2/10. Worth a download I'd say.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Rocket league should be a good laugh. I don't think Styx was panned as you guys are making out, Metacritic has it with a critic score of 70/100 and a user score of 7.2/10. Worth a download I'd say.
My memory may be a little hazy, I'm sure I remember reviews saying awful. I'd be delighted if they're off the mark(or my memory) as it did look fun.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Rocket League :drool: This will be chaos. Styx appealed to me at one point till I see the gameplay... then thought it looked awful.

Entwined looks like it isn't my normal type of game, but it could be good for practicing using both anolog sticks together with more accuracy.. like a training tool.
Yep - Rocket League could be a load of fun!

Styx could also be good - sounds like a true stealth game with good AI - will give it a bash.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I wonder if we can have a club/team type thing on Rocket League? Wonder how any it supports per team too.

It's going to be awesome, I don't know if we're playing against each other I'd like little teams, or different teams more often.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I wonder if we can have a club/team type thing on Rocket League? Wonder how any it supports per team too.

It's going to be awesome, I don't know if we're playing against each other I'd like little teams, or different teams more often.
Small teams would be fantastic! I played the demo for a bit - will be an absolute clusterfeck when everyone is on there!!

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Anyone ever had their account stolen, asking because my brothers account has been stolen this morning, Sony emailed him to say his email had been changed and he cant log in, i was happy to find out he only used my paypal on my account.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I don't suppose anyone else is anticipating the release of Rory McIlroy PGA Tour 15? The whole fantasy course thing looks pretty awful but I love the games. I played them religiously as a kid.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't suppose anyone else is anticipating the release of Rory McIlroy PGA Tour 15? The whole fantasy course thing looks pretty awful but I love the games. I played them religiously as a kid.
I'll probably pick it up, already got the golf club but fancy some real courses too. Hate the whole spin on the ball and stuff though.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Why haven't we had a Top Spin yet or any other tennis game.

Alock1

Never even heard of Supper Tennis, nevermind played it. Is that a SNES game or something?

Alock1

Yes, and you've missed out. Typical Nintendo game, seems simplistic but has a ton of depth. We used to have massive tournaments on it, at one point it even took over Mario Kart as the go to game!
Nice, I'll have to check it out. My mate still has a SNES hooked up. There is a new Mario Tennis for Wii U this year. I hope they do it justice, it could be awesome, but I've got a feeling it won't be.

Alock1

Smash Court Tennis on PS2 was awesome. The career mode was really cool, you'd play objectives rather than matches against opponents. It sounds weird but match after match gets boring on other tennis games. Having to complete objectives like x aces or base line points was a really good way to freshen things up.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Nice, I'll have to check it out. My mate still has a SNES hooked up. There is a new Mario Tennis for Wii U this year. I hope they do it justice, it could be awesome, but I've got a feeling it won't be.
Careful now, you are sounding more and mote like me on the promise of new games! :lol:

Yeah, try it out. Obviously it's going to seem old and crude at first, but trust me there's a real game in there! I remember when we all used to play tournaments on this and many other games, then one day we argued and moaned like mad at the pal versions always being 50hz and with borders. So me being me, the next day I ripped my Snes apart and with the help of a snippet in some magazine (this was pre-internet, well at least when stuff like this wasn't available), I managed to put a switch on it the force full ntsc 60Hz. That was my first ever experience of framerates and all that, and it completely fecked our games up!

I'd love to be able to demonstrate the difference even that 10hz made on the fly, but the only way is to actually play it and flick the switch round a corner. You'd get such an appreciation for all that stuff :lol:

Bojan11

I was more of a Virtual tennis fan.

I enjoyed the first two top spins. But yeah we need some tennis games.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Yes, and you've missed out. Typical Nintendo game, seems simplistic but has a ton of depth. We used to have massive tournaments on it, at one point it even took over Mario Kart as the go to game!
One of the first and best SNES games.

Alock1

They're down all the fecking time though, and even when they're up they're slow as anything. Downloads on PS4 take the piss.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Took me nearly 2 hours to download a 3gb patch for Batman today but a 500mb Witcher 3 patch took like 5 mins a week ago. zero consistency

Leg-End

Pause/resume downloads gets them up to speed 90% of the time for me, it shouldn't be the case but that's the fix for me.

Trouble with the PSN outages of late is the timing is terrible, 3am and nobody cares but it always seems to happen at like 6pm just when people are getting ready for an evening of gaming.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Yeah, PS4 downloads are shite. I usually leave them to download overnight.

On the upside, better than the PS3's were..... Had to download a game for that the other day, nightmare....

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They're down all the fecking time though, and even when they're up they're slow as anything. Downloads on PS4 take the piss.
You're right mate, no defending it. If it was still a free service then maybe we'd take it better...

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
They should allow you to download updates whenever you want. Would save a lot of hassle downloading it the day before you get a new game

Bojan11

PSN is such a joke. 150Mb and I got a 3gb download taking 15 hours apparently. They fixed it a few weeks ago, where the speeds improved.