Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Just bought the Life is Strange collection. Anyone here play it? Also, just finished The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Interesting game but felt a bit ripped off having paid €17 for it. Felt like a €9.99 title. Also, God awful voice acting, protag not so bad.

Asger

Has anyone played Rory PGA 15 or F1 2015? Was wondering if the games are worth It and If they are both two players games?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Has anyone played Sherlock Crimes & Punishments? I wanted to buy Ethan Carter but it seems like Sherlock is similar game and only slightly more expensive while offering 5-6 times the content and even better atmosphere. I might grab it for £20 and wait for Ethan Carter's inevitable price drop.

Kaos

Am I the only one to think Vanishing of Ethan carter was an overrated and stupidly pretentious game? You can watch the entire thing on YouTube for the same experience albeit cheaper.

Sarni

Has anyone played Rory PGA 15 or F1 2015? Was wondering if the games are worth It and If they are both two players games?
F1 2015 is good but I wouldn't recommend buying it for two players game, I'm not even sure there's split screen. Golf Club is much better than PGA apparently.

Sarni

Am I the only one to think Vanishing of Ethan carter was an overrated and stupidly pretentious game. You can watch the entire thing on YouTube for the same experience.
Not played it yet, looks like it has good atmosphere and that's all that pulls me towards it. At full price I might skip though.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Hey man, I hope someone can help a brother out here. I cancelled my cable recently and as a result disconnected everything to my TV and moved it a bit. Now when I reconnect the PS4, directly to the TV, it says "Not Support!" and no display comes on. I tried using a HDMI splitter I used before (my TV has only one HDMI port, yes true) and now there is some signal in the HDMI and the PS4 light turns white but the display still stays black. I tried using several different HDMI cables, even tried connecting the PS4 to a large ASUS monitor I use as an extended screen for my laptop and the same issue there.

This is frustrating as feck because it was working well until I had to move the TV and reconnect everything.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Has anyone played Sherlock Crimes & Punishments? I wanted to buy Ethan Carter but it seems like Sherlock is similar game and only slightly more expensive while offering 5-6 times the content and even better atmosphere. I might grab it for £20 and wait for Ethan Carter's inevitable price drop.
I have played it on PS3. Not sure about PS4 but it was very glitchy and had massive frame rate issues. Felt I was playing a PS2 game- graphics wise.

Gameplay wise. It was slow but I liked it. If you are 'patient gamer' I would suggest go for it but do check the reviews for PS4.

Hey man, I hope someone can help a brother out here. I cancelled my cable recently and as a result disconnected everything to my TV and moved it a bit. Now when I reconnect the PS4, directly to the TV, it says "Not Support!" and no display comes on. I tried using a HDMI splitter I used before (my TV has only one HDMI port, yes true) and now there is some signal in the HDMI and the PS4 light turns white but the display still stays black. I tried using several different HDMI cables, even tried connecting the PS4 to a large ASUS monitor I use as an extended screen for my laptop and the same issue there.

This is frustrating as feck because it was working well until I had to move the TV and reconnect everything.
Strange, it seems that your tv doesn't comply with HDCP copy protection. I would suggest updating your tv's software.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Free to play games coming out on PS4 this year and 2016.

Didn't know so many free games were coming out :

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Strange, it seems that your tv doesn't comply with HDCP copy protection. I would suggest updating your tv's software.
My TV is rather old, bought in 2012 so I doubt there is even update for firmware. The TV manual says its HDCP compliant and since this worked before I'm thinking this is some kind of HDMI handshake issue. I'm probably going to try connecting to a neighbor's TV, disable HDCP and then try again. If it still doesn't work, gotta send it to Sony for repair or replacement. Its annoying af and never had these issues with the PS3.

Sarni

I have played it on PS3. Not sure about PS4 but it was very glitchy and had massive frame rate issues. Felt I was playing a PS2 game- graphics wise.

Gameplay wise. It was slow but I liked it. If you are 'patient gamer' I would suggest go for it but do check the reviews for PS4.

I have it on PS3 due to PlayStation Plus and tried it briefly but were put off by technical defiicences. I bought it for Xbox One yesterday as it was better value than PS4 by 25%, played it for a few minutes yesterday and today and I like it. Graphics wise it's not Witcher 3 or Batman Arkham Knight but it looks decent and the gameplay, as you've said, is slow but seems well executed and interesting. I think I'm going to enjoy it and for the same price as Vanishing of Ethan Carter it looks like good value as it has similar gameplay but like 5 times the length.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Castlestorm, Stealth Inc 2, Sound Shapes, should all be a load of fun. Not sure about Lara Croft, isn't that more of a multiplayer thing?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

MajorTom

Looking forward to playing God of War: Ascension, never played any of that series and everyone always says it is good who has done so. Like the look of Limbo too, if it is anything like Rain from this months games then I'll be happy :nervous:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
My TV is rather old, bought in 2012 so I doubt there is even update for firmware. The TV manual says its HDCP compliant and since this worked before I'm thinking this is some kind of HDMI handshake issue. I'm probably going to try connecting to a neighbor's TV, disable HDCP and then try again. If it still doesn't work, gotta send it to Sony for repair or replacement. Its annoying af and never had these issues with the PS3.
Is your TV 1080p? Was the PS4 unplugged when moving everything around?

If it is less than 1080p, you could try safe mode and reassigning the resolution.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Is your TV 1080p? Was the PS4 unplugged when moving everything around?

If it is less than 1080p, you could try safe mode and reassigning the resolution.
My TV is 1080p and yeah the PS4 was unplugged when moving around and when I plugged it back in, no picture. I tried this on another friend's TV, which is brand new and no picture there either. I chatted with Sony and they sent me a box to send mine in for repair/replacement.

The guy at local gamestop said plenty people had issues with the HDMI slot in the new PS4s and had to send in for replacement more than once. I didn't back-up my game data over the cloud, which sucks.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
My TV is 1080p and yeah the PS4 was unplugged when moving around and when I plugged it back in, no picture. I tried this on another friend's TV, which is brand new and no picture there either. I chatted with Sony and they sent me a box to send mine in for repair/replacement.

The guy at local gamestop said plenty people had issues with the HDMI slot in the new PS4s and had to send in for replacement more than once. I didn't back-up my game data over the cloud, which sucks.
That sucks man. You could also have transferred to usb drive.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Had no caftards on my friends list when I used to play D3, I'd be up for some coop....

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Vote To Play will let users vote for the game they want the most from a selection of three unreleased titles, with the winner subsequently being released free to all PlayStation Plus members. The two runners-up will also be available to purchase from PlayStation Store at a discounted rate.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Somehow i can't help but feel that will be worse ala Steam sale votes.