Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Is the story self contained, as in you can play it well enough without having to have played the first two, or do you need the background of the earlier ones to know what's going on?
Ummm, I'd say it's self contained. You don't actually pay too much attention to the story if I'm honest.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
@DatIrishFella & @swooshboy ... ... You guys need to pick this up, it'll be cheap now :drool: Ages since I played it but I keep fancying another playthrough.
Will be up for that - will have to have a look for it!

I enjoyed the game last night - only slight criticism would be that everything moves so quickly it can be tough to figure out what is going on!

I think with this type of game I would much rather play it co-op than solo - so figure it could be one that we get time on every now and then.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

I enjoyed the game last night - only slight criticism would be that everything moves so quickly it can be tough to figure out what is going on!

I think with this type of game I would much rather play it co-op than solo - so figure it could be one that we get time on every now and then.
Yeah, wedge the potato was rushing everywhere and stoney was more interested in getting the gems than collecting everything else. I was wanting to explore every nook and cranny.

Diablo isn't like that, its so massive you'd never complete it if you did. Plus you always find better loot progressing through the story

Jev

It's only worth playing coop really. I was quite disappointing with it but it's decent for couch co-op. For solo play, it's way too repetitive.

Last edited:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I keep thinking there's new ps4 news, thought you lot started a ps4 meetup thread?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I keep thinking there's new ps4 news, thought you lot started a ps4 meetup thread?
@Earthquake did but it isn't used much for some reason. I think I'm going to finish the FF story before going back on ESO. Original plan was to get platinum but forgot how long it'd take to complete all sphere grids etc. Not far off completing the story though

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@Earthquake did but it isn't used much for some reason. I think I'm going to finish the FF story before going back on ESO. Original plan was to get platinum but forgot how long it'd take to complete all sphere grids etc. Not far off completing the story though
It's a brilliant game, I've got to go back and smash Sin or go for the platinum myself.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I didn't think i could find a more infuriating game than Fifa but EA have out done themselves with NBA live the AI is crazy good even in rookie level, the cameras are crap you end up losing the player you are controlling due to how close all the cams are.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
If you bought it you deserve all the pain

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Got it for €11 so not too set back but what a crap game it was a more fun game on ps2 the last time i had a basketball game i wonder are the 2K ones any better.
Infinitely

Someone

Something
Anyone knows where i can buy PSN cards online where they send the codes by email? i've seen plenty of places but most seem fishy, if anyone knows a tried and tested one it'd be highly appreciated.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
I didn't think i could find a more infuriating game than Fifa but EA have out done themselves with NBA live the AI is crazy good even in rookie level, the cameras are crap you end up losing the player you are controlling due to how close all the cams are.

NBA 2k series is better.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Anyone knows where i can buy PSN cards online where they send the codes by email? i've seen plenty of places but most seem fishy, if anyone knows a tried and tested one it'd be highly appreciated.
Amazon. If you're in US.

otherwise I have bought it from gamesdealdaily but they are almost always oos.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Anyways, goat simulator is releasing this week. I'm sure all of you are crazy excited for it. :smirk:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Got it for €11 so not too set back but what a crap game it was a more fun game on ps2 the last time i had a basketball game i wonder are the 2K ones any better.
NBA 2K15 is one of the best sports games out there.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
So am working out which games to get over the next few months...and there are way too many coming out that I want!

27/8
Madden 16

1/9
MGSV
Mad Max

24/9
FIFA 16

29/9
NBA 2K16

13/10
Rainbow 6 Siege

6/11
COD Black Ops III

10/11
Fall Out 4

19/11
Star Wars Battefront

1/12
Just Cause 3

(Bold are definites)

This is also discounting the Uncharted and Dishonoured remasters (9/10 and 28/8 respectively). I would have got these, but will wait for the actual sequels).