Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I am glad they are giving Silent Hill another shot and hoping they put some effort into it. I REALLY loved the first two games and it's such a shame that the series turned into a sham. It had SO much potential.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Got to say I'm rather bored with my PS4.

A few annoying things about it too like a lack of decent apps. The fact that there is no 4oD app but we have a Channel 5 app sucks.

Using the internet browser is pretty useless as well when it comes to streaming things.

Probably gonna chuck it on eBay when I can be bothered.
One of those Chromecast or Roku things might be more suited to your needs.

Lance Uppercut

Due to it being too scary, or a shite game?
It took me a while to get to the point where I died, and it put me back to the start. I ditched it and made myself dinner. I don't know if I would even call it a game.

siw2007

Has anyone tried the P.T. demo?

Played it a bit and it creeped me out!! Currently watching a stream of someone playing it...
I'm right at the end of it. Trying to get the last signal so I can get the phone to ring and it's taking me forever. It's one seriously screwed up teaser demo.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
If you haven't played it, The Last Of Us is an absolute must @Archie Leach
I haven't but I've heard the buzz, I'll be sure to pick it up!

Also does anyone know if you can still upgrade Fifa 14 from PS3 to PS4? I don't want to buy it again with FIFA 15 only 6 weeks away but would still like to play it on the new system.

Bojan11

I haven't but I've heard the buzz, I'll be sure to pick it up!

Also does anyone know if you can still upgrade Fifa 14 from PS3 to PS4? I don't want to buy it again with FIFA 15 only 6 weeks away but would still like to play it on the new system.
No. That was only there for a limited time.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Any guesses as to when a slim version might be out? A couple of years, maybe?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
No. That was only there for a limited time.
There was no such deal on FIFA though, it was for Call of Duty, Battlefield and Assassins Creed IV. Some shops would take your PS3 FIFA and give you a PS4 FIFA for €15 or so but it wasn't the same deal that was offered on three mentioned games.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Fair play on the graphics.. I think I underestimated them in the past, or perhaps it's just because racing games always look better in the rain. I always thought it looked great, but this is just unreal.

Also, 40 minutes of gameplay below.

The sense of speed in the above video on multiple tracks is far more impressive than anything they'd shown before I think.

Last edited:

Leg-End

It has the best wet road effects of any racer I've seen, including PC sims.

JackXX

Am I right in thinking there's a demo or something coming for PS plus?

Alock1

Yeah, a free version, 2 cars and 9 tracks I believe which is a very good amount if I've got that right.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Am I right in thinking there's a demo or something coming for PS plus?
Kinda yeah. Its a the full game minus the majority of tracks and cars. You get 1 location (India) which includes 11 tracks and 10 cars. You get all the game modes and online/social functions too.

Alock1

Kinda yeah. Its a the full game minus the majority of tracks and cars. You get 1 location (India) which includes 11 tracks and 10 cars. You get all the game modes and online/social functions too.
Jesus, that's way better than I thought.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Graphics looking great, gameplay looking too serious/stuffy/dry for me. Still going to try the PS+ deal, mind.
It's by no means a serious racer but it is a challenging racer. Especially the super cars and hyper cars. Real beasts to manoeuvre.

JackXX

Ah that's really cool. Thanks

Cina

Jaysus, Driveclub looks insane. I'm glad I preordered the Destiny bundle now, some good stuff coming up.

D J Dog Toffee

The PT teaser/announcement/demo was amazing. A simple concept with a fantastic atmosphere. I finally finished it yesterday, after being stuck at the final section for ages.

I finally got the ending by following along with the NeoGAF thread, I think the breakthrough came when I plugged the mic in (for anyone still having trouble).

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Oh so you need the mic in? I gave up but I may give it another go. I was trying to get the phone to ring for ages.

D J Dog Toffee

Oh so you need the mic in? I gave up but I may give it another go. I was trying to get the phone to ring for ages.
That's what did it (or seemed to do it) for a lot of people in the NeoGAF thread. People first noticed those streaming were getting the ending, but those playing by themselves couldn't trigger it. They figured the common denominator was the mic.

I tried for hours with no success, but as soon as I plugged in the mic (just the freebie one that comes bundled) it seemed to work. Eliciting the second baby giggle is the key, when you trigger that you seem to be home and dry.

binary bot
Has anyone made use of the game sharing thing/primary activation yet? The games are obviously more expensive from the PS Store but if a friend/relative has already bought a game from it then you might as well activate their account and download it.

Alock1

Indeed.

Let's hope the rest of the game lives up to the same standards.. I don't buy games for the PS4 because it isn't mine, but I'm looking forward to trying the PS+ trial and seeing for myself.

Lance Uppercut

I bought NFS: Rivals a minute ago. I will obviously buy Drive Club, too, but I have a hankering for some arcade racing action.

Alock1

Pretty sure they'll scratch a different itch. DriveClub isn't THAT arcade I don't think.

How much did Rivals cost? I'm hoping it hits that EA Vault.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
While watching that PT demo, someone mentioned about Silent hill: Alchemillia
Has anyone heard of it before?

Lance Uppercut

No. The last couple of Silent Hill games I have played have been dogshit.