Gaming PlayStation 5

Amarsdd

think its easier to get it from Amazon when they have stock than from PS direct. I tried the PS direct for 6-7 times only to be told its sold out after being in the queue for like half an hour every time. Managed to get one from Amazon in the first attempt in like a minute.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been playing Dead By Daylight, pretty fun game. I'm shit at it though.

When I'm the killer everyone seems to dodge me with incredible ease and I'm just oafing around, and when I'm the survivor I get killed almost immediately after being spotted.

AaronRedDevil

Bit of a random query, but has anyone ever played Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on PSNow? I'm on the last boss, Senator Armstrong, and he is such a cnut to get past. Just when you think you've beaten him, he gets another lease of life and I've now used up all my additional health packs so I can't get extend the fight beyond the 140% health that I get when the game restarts on the final checkpoint.
Yeah he's a bitch of a fight. My only advice is to get good on the dodging. Maybe look on youtube and see how they do it. Wish I had better advice.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’m currently playing on my queue skipped PS5. Not sure if l just got lucky
I think they’ve only recently got wise to it mate.

To be honest, I’m sick to death of it now. I waited five hours in the the GAME queue yesterday before they announced it had sold out.

What’s even more annoying is that there are ebay listings for £650 that have popped, that show GAME receipts from yesterday. feck these scalpers.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I think they’ve only recently got wise to it mate.

To be honest, I’m sick to death of it now. I waited five hours in the the GAME queue yesterday before they announced it had sold out.

What’s even more annoying is that there are ebay listings for £650 that have popped, that show GAME receipts from yesterday. feck these scalpers.
@Sweet Square is a rampant capitalist and buying them all up.

b82REZ

I've wanted a racing game since launch. Decided to grab Dirt 5. Seems like a decent gamble at £26.

b82REZ

I've played it for a bit, thought it was awful.
Reviews were good that's why I went for it.

Although they did emphasise how it has switched to a more arcade style, which is perfect for me but I can imagine puts a lot of people off.

rotherham_red

Reviews were good that's why I went for it.

Although they did emphasise how it has switched to a more arcade style, which is perfect for me but I can imagine puts a lot of people off.
I bought it at launch. It wasn't very good and I promptly exchanged it

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Has anyone had any issues with an ethernet connection?

I was getting lag playing fifa online so I've connected a cable to the router but of course that created a different problem. It keeps saying LAN cable disconnected despite the cable not even being touched. It is not the connection as far as I know because it will say connected if I reset the internet or something like that.

I tried playing online with it connected and it lasted until the second half of a game and then 'LAN cable disconnected'.

I've googled and seems it's a common problem with all sorts of solutions people have tried. Some say it's a firmware thing.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

I was getting lag playing fifa online so I've connected a cable to the router but of course that created a different problem. It keeps saying LAN cable disconnected despite the cable not even being touched. It is not the connection as far as I know because it will say connected if I reset the internet or something like that.

I tried playing online with it connected and it lasted until the second half of a game and then 'LAN cable disconnected'.

I've googled and seems it's a common problem with all sorts of solutions people have tried. Some say it's a firmware thing.
Mine kept doing that for a while. But reconnected itself a second later. Didn't really change anything and it sorted itself out.

Only thing I stopped doing since I last noticed it was putting the console in rest mode while playing a game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mine kept doing that for a while. But reconnected itself a second later. Didn't really change anything and it sorted itself out.

Only thing I stopped doing since I last noticed it was putting the console in rest mode while playing a game.
It's kicking me out of games so I'm just getting losses every time. Frustrating that everything I try just creates another problem.

Smores

Mines always worked fine. If you were getting lag before though it might be your internet dropping every now and again?

As you say it's just a matter of going through all possible solutions. Do the quickest ones first, change ethernet ports, cable etc.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Have you tried another ethernet cable?
Not yet but it's an option. I've literally just bought the one I'm trying though so I don't really want to pay for another only to find that also not working.

It's a 10m one as the router is pretty far away from the PS5 but not much I can do about that. Connection is fine and speed test on the PS5 shows 68mps. Just seems to be an issue I get with Fifa, but it's definitely me and not the servers as my mate had no problems when playing other people, only against me.

b82REZ

Not yet but it's an option. I've literally just bought the one I'm trying though so I don't really want to pay for another only to find that also not working.

It's a 10m one as the router is pretty far away from the PS5 but not much I can do about that. Connection is fine and speed test on the PS5 shows 68mps. Just seems to be an issue I get with Fifa, but it's definitely me and not the servers as my mate had no problems when playing other people, only against me.
My connection is fine on ethernet, which is what makes me think it could be the cable. Is the console still attempting to make a wireless connection and disconnecting your wired one? Maybe completely disable Wi-Fi on the console.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My connection is fine on ethernet, which is what makes me think it could be the cable. Is the console still attempting to make a wireless connection and disconnecting your wired one? Maybe completely disable Wi-Fi on the console.
Yeah I'm gonna have a play around today.

I have just seen quite a lot of posts about similar issues and people saying they've tried multiple lan cables which is why I think it could be hardware/firmware but I'll try everything.

b82REZ

I'm blown away by the adaptive triggers on Dirt 5. You can feel the rocks and bumps as you drive and it adds so much immersion to the game.

I've not been able to put the game down since last night, one of the most fun racers I've played in a while. Not sure why people were saying it was shit yesterday.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I'm blown away by the adaptive triggers on Dirt 5. You can feel the rocks and bumps as you drive and it adds so much immersion to the game.

I've not been able to put the game down since last night, one of the most fun racers I've played in a while. Not sure why people were saying it was shit yesterday.
What other racers have you played recently?

b82REZ

What other racers have you played recently?
I'm not a huge racing game player and I definetly prefer Burnout to GT.

I think the last racer I played was Burnout Paradise Remastered. Which is still good but felt like it was missing something when compared to newer racers. Dirt 5 isn't reinventing the wheel, it's a solid arcade racer that uses some of the features of the PS5 extremeley well.

I can see why driving game purists wouldn't be too enthusiastic about this game, but for your average gamer I struggle to think of many racers that are significantly better than it.

rotherham_red

A silly question, but have you removed your WiFi connection and added the LAN on the settings? I had a similar thing but then realised that despite my ethernet wire connecting to my PS5, my WiFi was still connecting to it rather than the LAN

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
A silly question, but have you removed your WiFi connection and added the LAN on the settings? I had a similar thing but then realised that despite my ethernet wire connecting to my PS5, my WiFi was still connecting to it rather than the LAN
I didn't but it was definitely connecting to the LAN as the WiFi has no issues really.

I think I've solved it. I set my PS5 to have a static IP address and I've managed 3 games of FIFA without a disconnect now (or any jitter which was the original problem!)

Bojan11

I didn't but it was definitely connecting to the LAN as the WiFi has no issues really.

I think I've solved it. I set my PS5 to have a static IP address and I've managed 3 games of FIFA without a disconnect now (or any jitter which was the original problem!)
I think it must have been an IP clash. One of your other devices was using the same IP as the PS5. I had it on the PS4, where I would login and my friends list wouldn't even load up, but was still connected and had to change the IP to static.