Gaming PlayStation 5

Castia

Little over a month to go and still no signs of the OS....getting kinda weird tbh something is surely not right.

BristolRuss

Any recommendations for a TV to play this thing on ?
The LG CX range if you want the bees knees. Oled panel so best picture quality and has 4 HDMI 2.1 ports so can take advantage of the fancy features the new consoles have such as ALLM, VRR, eARC and 4K@120 fps. The BX is an almost as good option for slightly cheaper but only has 2 HDMI 2.1 ports, one of which is the eARC port. So if you plan on getting both new consoles and you also use a soundbar/receiver one console will have to plug into a regular HDMI port.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The LG CX range if you want the bees knees. Oled panel so best picture quality and has 4 HDMI 2.1 ports so can take advantage of the fancy features the new consoles have such as ALLM, VRR, eARC and 4K@120 fps. The BX is an almost as good option for slightly cheaper but only has 2 HDMI 2.1 ports, one of which is the eARC port. So if you plan on getting both new consoles and you also use a soundbar/receiver one console will have to plug into a regular HDMI port.
Be interested to know what other options there are around the £1k mark, if you know any?

BristolRuss

Be interested to know what other options there are around the £1k mark, if you know any?
Not really sure tbh. The main competitor to the CX is the Samsung QLED Q90R but it isn't as good and still costs over a grand. Costco has the 55" CX for £1269.99 atm, and RicherSounds will price beat it to £1249.99 if you ask. There are plenty of good 4K TV's on the market these days, but not many with HDMI 2.1 sadly.

fergosaurus

Pleased to hear there's no noticeable fan noise. Does my head in when it gets loud. The loading times look ace too.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Im not really excited by the launch list. It''s not bad. Demon Souls remake looks amazing, i've just already completed the original around 30 times. Maybe AC: Valhalla will be good but I don't think it completely next-gen is it?.

littlepeasoup

Im not really excited by the launch list. It''s not bad. Demon Souls remake looks amazing, i've just already completed the original around 30 times. Maybe AC: Valhalla will be good but I don't think it completely next-gen is it?.
I think they've said that Valhalla will take advantage of the faster SSD in the PS5, and it'll be running at 4K 60fps.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not really sure tbh. The main competitor to the CX is the Samsung QLED Q90R but it isn't as good and still costs over a grand. Costco has the 55" CX for £1269.99 atm, and RicherSounds will price beat it to £1249.99 if you ask. There are plenty of good 4K TV's on the market these days, but not many with HDMI 2.1 sadly.
I love my tv. It's 4k but 60Hz and none of the other fancy stuff. I don't really want to go bigger than 40" to be honest, which is an issue by the looks of it. May end up having to get the 48" CX

Bojan11

I love my tv. It's 4k but 60Hz and none of the other fancy stuff. I don't really want to go bigger than 40" to be honest, which is an issue by the looks of it. May end up having to get the 48" CX
It’s a great choice. If you getting a TV then make sure it has HDMI 2.1, which the CX has and the input lag for a TV is great.

There’s going to be some HDMI 2.1 monitors coming soon, I can’t play multiplayer games on a big TV.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It’s a great choice. If you getting a TV then make sure it has HDMI 2.1, which the CX has and the input lag for a TV is great.

There’s going to be some HDMI 2.1 monitors coming soon, I can’t play multiplayer games on a big TV.
I'd like a monitor for cod, but want my Xbox on the TV for everything else, and can't be arsed switching things around. A TV with decent input lag will have to do.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I agree, PS3 was an amazing launch iirc, even though games weren't out day one there was a load to be excited about.

This launch seems like, we buy the ps5 then wait a couple years for the games.

Tiber

Little over a month to go and still no signs of the OS....getting kinda weird tbh something is surely not right.
Do you think it will launch games and open the PS Store? That's about what I need from the OS.

That's genuinely about all the Switch OS can do :lol:

Bojan11

That's good! Any other details??
Yes.

プレイステーションはたわごとであり、エルビスはプラッツです。

They don’t do prat in Japanese, so did best I could.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Amazon telling me that my copy of Miles Morales will now ship 12 Nov... it can collect dust for a whole week, assuming the PS5 will be delivered on 19 Nov :)

JohnZSmith27

Amazon telling me that my copy of Miles Morales will now ship 12 Nov... it can collect dust for a whole week, assuming the PS5 will be delivered on 19 Nov :)
This is now the case with Game and Smyths etc too. Why is that?

Imagine they changed the console release date to line up with the U.S.

Never gonna happen I know but a man can dream.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Is it true that if you've not pre-ordered this then you're absolutely goosed and might not get it for ages?

Heardy

I've just realised that my GAME pre-order is for the Miles Morales standard edition £51.99, but Amazon has an Ultimate Edition for £69.99 - does anyone know the difference?

Will my version also include the Spideman game from PS4?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I've just realised that my GAME pre-order is for the Miles Morales standard edition £51.99, but Amazon has an Ultimate Edition for £69.99 - does anyone know the difference?

Ultimate Edition you get the Spiderman Remaster.

Standard you just get MM.

You cannot upgrade your Spiderman game if you already have it.

Bojan11

No. Difference is ultimate gets original Spiderman game and standard does not.

ovoxo

Cheers @Bojan11 @esmufc07 - i assume its worth upgrading to Ultimate (having not played Spiderman on PS4)? Hopefully i can cancel my pre-order, or just return it in November
You should be able to cancel it, it’ll come straight away. I cancelled my normal version for the ultimate a few weeks ago.

fergosaurus

Bojan11

To be fair judging by the amount of posters on here who have 2/3/4 consoles pre-ordered I'd expect a few more to become available before release day as some people cancel.
Well seems like more playstation stock than series x. As my mate ordered both from ShopTo at the same time when they were doing the pre registration thing and they can only guarantee him the PS for day one. But MS are launching in more countries day one. Maybe you should tell your Sony friends they forgot about us, why are we tier 2? Mexico does not like PlayStation, it’s Xbox country.