Gaming PlayStation 5

GBBQ

Thought I’d have a long anxious wait today but An Post just dropped it off!

RedDevilRoshi

Been playing Astros Playroom whilst I wait for Spider-Man MM to finish downloading and my word this DualSense controller is simply incredible! The hype around it is certainly justified as it feels proper next gen.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Had it through to checkout on John Lewis and the whole fecking thing reset and removed it from my basket. Wankers.

Bojan11

Had it through to checkout on John Lewis and the whole fecking thing reset and removed it from my basket. Wankers.
Mate just try Amazon. One thing about them is their website isn’t going down. Maybe the links dodgy but that’s @esmufc07 fault before I had to correct him.

Riz

Had the add to basket button appear on JL but never loaded after clicking it.

Tesco site got to the same spot but then page crashed again.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
What are people going for for their first game?

I'll test the three I've bought tonight to see how they look and run but my plan is to main Spiderman this weekend and then really get stuck into Demon's Souls.

Also people who already have one. What are install times like?
Spiderman was quick. 20 mins or so. Astro's even quicker. Just installing Demons Souls now.

Castia

She’s a beast!

set it up and started Astros Playroom it’s pretty impressive. Huge console though I’ve got it upright at the side of my tv cabinet and it looks huge, definitely a ‘what the hell is that thing’ from guests I reckon.

Strange that in game it’s almost silent but when you exit to the UI my fans go crazy for about 10 seconds

passing-wind

I agree with the sentiment I think retailers are a joke, along with Sony unable to cater to the demands of the consumer.

Amazon is certainly the safest with site functionality given the size of its marketplace.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone loaded a PS4 game via disk yet and able to report on loading speeds ect?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Jl says 8 in stock online; tried to add to basket, and it’s just hanging. No doubt when this falls through all stock will be gone.

Riz

Jl says 8 in stock online; tried to add to basket, and it’s just hanging. No doubt when this falls through all stock will be gone.
Yeh had the 8 available a few times in the last 10 mins

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mine was out for delivery at 7:44am so hopefully should get it soon.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It has genuinely got me down today. I knew it would be another shambles but I couldn't have put in any more effort. 3 sleepless nights. Probably 20 hours of shop surfing and still haven't managed one. Toys are out the pram :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It has genuinely got me down today. I knew it would be another shambles but I couldn't have put in any more effort. 3 sleepless nights. Probably 20 hours of shop surfing and still haven't managed one. Toys are out the pram :lol:
I’m fairly certain if you are prepared to stick at it, you’ll get one from somewhere by tonight. Most likely Amazon as they will restock in dribs and drabs throughout the day as opposed to the stores who will most likely burn through their allocation and be done until the next go round.

Riz

They’re long gone, eh?
They had so long to prepare for this and still fecked it up.
Aye, only chance now seems to be Amazon but I don’t hold much hope for them. Hopefully some appear before Christmas.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
That EE shout was a god send @Bojan11 every other way I've tried it's not let me checkout.

Supposedly Curry's are cancelling all the bugged orders from this morning and re-releasing at 11 for people still trying.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Aye, only chance now seems to be Amazon but I don’t hold much hope for them. Hopefully some appear before Christmas.
If I fail to get it from JL, this’ll be my first console since the Wii not bought from there. Their extended guarantee is unbeatable, plus the no quibble replacement.

ChrisNelson

Surely it's not a big surprise that PS5's are impossible to get hold of?

I'm seeing stories of over 100,000 in the waiting list on certain sites. But what do people expect on release day?! I find it hard to have any sympathy for those who didn't pre-order and are now crying on social media because they can't get one.

Anyone who was that desperate for one could have been playing it by now if they'd pre-ordered, you snooze you lose!

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Finally have confirmation that both mine are coming today.

Argos live chat after a wait of 30 minutes confirmed that they had actually shipped it but can't understand why i got nothing from them or DPD. Gave me the tracking number and can see DPD are delivering it 11.55 to 12.55. The shopto one is coming via a different DPD driver between 12.26 and 13.26.

Happy days

El-Manos

I'm seeing stories of over 100,000 in the waiting list on certain sites. But what do people expect on release day?! I find it hard to have any sympathy for those who didn't pre-order and are now crying on social media because they can't get one.

Anyone who was that desperate for one could have been playing it by now if they'd pre-ordered, you snooze you lose!
Some of us have Del Boy:lol: . That still does not guarantee you will have it this year.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Jesus apparently there were 200k people on the Curry's UK site queue at one point. That's like 0.33% of the UK population :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

This launch is next level though. I can't remember the last time I saw insane demand like this. I think the Wii was pretty crazy too?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

I was up three nights in a row trying! Its not as easy as it seems.