Gaming PlayStation 5

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I find it hard to feel sorry for anyone who didn't kill their grandmother for a PS5. You have to ask yourself, do you even deserve one?

Robert

I was up three nights in a row trying! Its not as easy as it seems.
Yeah I agree. I managed to snag one from Amazon but I got plenty of mates who are keen gamers who are missing out cos they're not the sort to be scouring twitter for updates, setting up page monitors or necessarily have the time and hours to sit up late or come out of work.

I just think there's clearly far too little supply for what the demand is.

Leg-End

Still waiting on mine, usually get Royal Mail deliveries around 1pm but I'm working anyway.

Bloody home working, the temptation is massive to just have a quick go.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeah I agree. I managed to snag one from Amazon but I got plenty of mates who are keen gamers who are missing out cos they're not the sort to be scouring twitter for updates, setting up page monitors or necessarily have the time and hours to sit up late or come out of work.

To be fair I did all those things and did put in the time so I think I'm either just really unlucky or cursed.

ChrisNelson

I'll have no sympathy for @ChrisNelson when DPD nick his PS5
I haven't ordered one :) don't get me wrong I like gaming, I have a PS4 and use it regularly but I didn't get it until they'd been out for at least 18 months.

My point is that the problems people are encountering could have been solved with a little foresight a few weeks ago.

A mate of mine pre-ordered on Amazon in September and he is currently sat playing on it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I haven't ordered one :) don't get me wrong I like gaming, I have a PS4 and use it regularly but I didn't get it until they'd been out for at least 18 months.

My point is that the problems people are encountering could have been solved with a little foresight a few weeks ago.

A mate of mine pre-ordered on Amazon in September and he is currently sat playing on it.
With all due respect mate would you kindly jog on. I've been trying to secure this for months and I could do without coming in here and seeing stuff like this, already in a shocking mood.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Surely it's not a big surprise that PS5's are impossible to get hold of?

I'm seeing stories of over 100,000 in the waiting list on certain sites. But what do people expect on release day?! I find it hard to have any sympathy for those who didn't pre-order and are now crying on social media because they can't get one.

Anyone who was that desperate for one could have been playing it by now if they'd pre-ordered, you snooze you lose!
When demand far exceeds supply, what do you think happens? You can name any highly anticipated item and a subsequent scalping market that is attached to it.

Scalpers and bots ruin the pre-order market, so the fallout from that is the manic scramble on launch day.

Robert

To be fair I did all those things and did put in the time so I think I'm either just really unlucky or cursed.
Yeah exactly, case in point, even people like yourself who put in a fair bit of graft still got fecked. It really has been a roulette.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Surely it's not a big surprise that PS5's are impossible to get hold of?

I'm seeing stories of over 100,000 in the waiting list on certain sites. But what do people expect on release day?! I find it hard to have any sympathy for those who didn't pre-order and are now crying on social media because they can't get one.

Anyone who was that desperate for one could have been playing it by now if they'd pre-ordered, you snooze you lose!
What a ridiculous thing to say. Even getting onto the sites was almost impossible let alone getting a pre order.

littlepeasoup

After getting properly shafted trying to order a new graphics card in September, I completely feel people's pain at arsehole scalpers and people buying what are very in-demand items only to hope to sell them on for profit, but the people who are buying at these stupidly inflated prices are as much to blame.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
After getting properly shafted trying to order a new graphics card in September, I completely feel people's pain at arsehole scalpers and people buying what are very in-demand items only to hope to sell them on for profit, but the people who are buying at these stupidly inflated prices are as much to blame.
Arseholes all round.

fergieisold

Probably partly intentional. Creates an amazing buzz the lack of stock. Everybody will be talking about this, it'll be on the news guaranteed!

passing-wind

Worst opportunists scalpers I could understand if they use the normal methods to obtain stock but they using bots is disgraceful.

Smores

It's arrived. It's ARRIVED!!

Only unboxed it so far as got work to do but the controller is definitely an improvement.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mine says delivery before 11pm :lol:

It said that for MM tbf and that came around midday.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Digital editions were going for £750 last night and disk versions i seen at £1050 on ebay auctions, absolutely mental
Hopefully now they've started to turn up the supply might go up a bit. I saw disc version pre-orders for about £625 a few weeks ago.

passing-wind

Probably partly intentional. Creates an amazing buzz the lack of stock. Everybody will be talking about this, it'll be on the news guaranteed!
But it can't be good for business, Sony manufactured 4 million less consoles as reported in September and apparently in Japan it recorded one of the worst release launches in terms of unit orders since the PS2. I think its been a huge problem for them not a positive one.

fergieisold

But it can't be good for business, Sony manufactured 4 million less consoles as reported in September and apparently in Japan it recorded one of the worst release launches in terms of unit orders since the PS2. I think its been a huge problem for them not a positive one.
less than when? Why has demand in Japan been low? Seems everywhere else it's insane, but again that could be the impression given by low stock numbers.

You don't think they'd want to sell as many units on launch day as they possibly could? It'll be on the news regardless.
I just suspect that the FOMO created from the short supply elevates the product to some god like status.

Siorac

ChrisNelson

With all due respect mate would you kindly jog on. I've been trying to secure this for months and I could do without coming in here and seeing stuff like this, already in a shocking mood.
When was your first attempt to get one? Unless it was several months ago then your shocking mood (over a games console, who knew) is your own fault, don't blame me.