Gaming PlayStation 5

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Mine is now crashing every story mission or so on Spiderman Remastered

It's mostly not a huge deal since it's saving constantly, but if I'm mid mission or in the middle of clearing a den it's pretty annoying

I didn't get any at the start.

Only had the option to report the error one time. And then earlier I had a weird crash where mid combat the controller just stopped working. It was still on, still had battery but Spiderman just wouldn't respond.

Absolutely loving the game anyway. If it was more of a slog then the crashes would bother me more.
Definitely seems something to do with both Spiderman games.

AaronRedDevil

Finally got around to actually playing the damn console. Miles morales is brilliant so far. Now I know what the haptic feedback is on about, thought it was just some vibration thing. Boy was I wrong, love it.

But my only critique right now is that I hate the dashboard. Can’t find anything when I’m looking for it. Can’t go into the party chat or even find it. I have to wait for someone to message so I can click on that chat. Have to go through like 4 things just to go into the party chat. Go to game base and then what? Don’t understand why there’s simply no messages part next to the friends list. On PS4 is just one press and I’m there.

littlepeasoup

The UI is definitely one of the weaker elements of the console so far, but (hopefully) something they can change over time. I'm not sure how much of it is muscle memory from the PS4 layout - I'm pressing buttons expecting it to do one thing, and it does something completely different. Something we'll all just have to get used to.

b82REZ

Finally got around to actually playing the damn console. Miles morales is brilliant so far. Now I know what the haptic feedback is on about, thought it was just some vibration thing. Boy was I wrong, love it.

But my only critique right now is that I hate the dashboard. Can’t find anything when I’m looking for it. Can’t go into the party chat or even find it. I have to wait for someone to message so I can click on that chat. Have to go through like 4 things just to go into the party chat. Go to game base and then what? Don’t understand why there’s simply no messages part next to the friends list. On PS4 is just one press and I’m there.
Press the PS button once and it brings up a menu at the bottom of the screen. You can select everything from there.

AaronRedDevil

Press the PS button once and it brings up a menu at the bottom of the screen. You can select everything from there.
Yeah but cant go straight to message. Have to go to menu, find the guy, click on him and then select view messages. Rather just go straight to message.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
The UI is definitely one of the weaker elements of the console so far, but (hopefully) something they can change over time. I'm not sure how much of it is muscle memory from the PS4 layout - I'm pressing buttons expecting it to do one thing, and it does something completely different. Something we'll all just have to get used to.
They've massively over complicated it. By the end of the PS3 life cycle they pretty much had it down. Even PS4 was too busy. Too desperate to cram adverts and social media into it all now.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Definitely seems something to do with both Spiderman games.
Aye had another crash just now mid mission.

Might not start Miles straight away and wait to see, I'll need a break anyway once I finish the original.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Think I'll trade in MM once CEX re-opens and get something else with it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone seen these clips of people's controller mics picking them up when they get a trophy? :lol: So many Demon's Souls players screaming in joy after beating a boss.

RedDevilRoshi

Is it just the remastered version of Spider-Man that folk are experiencing crashes or the MM version only as well?

I’ve only got the MM version only as already platinum the first one.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Is it just the remastered version of Spider-Man that folk are experiencing crashes or the MM version only as well?

I’ve only got the MM version only as already platinum the first one.
I haven't had any crashes with MM, but I don't really play it for more than an hour of a time and I haven't been using rest mode.

Alock1

@Alock1 did you use rest mode?
Nope I've been avoiding rest mode, external hard drives and PS4 transfer

There was one time early on it went into rest mode just because I hadn't touched it for a bit but otherwise I've been powering off

gaz1185

Nearly finished MM so I'm looking for something new, and I really can't decide between purchasing The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost Of Tsushima at the prices they've been dropped to today. I played TLoU a few years back so I'll want to play Part 2 at some point, but playing a game as a Samurai is very tempting. Might be a tough one to call, but which would you guys recommend out of the two?

Bojan11

Nearly finished MM so I'm looking for something new, and I really can't decide between purchasing The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost Of Tsushima at the prices they've been dropped to today. I played TLoU a few years back so I'll want to play Part 2 at some point, but playing a game as a Samurai is very tempting. Might be a tough one to call, but which would you guys recommend out of the two?
Ghost is 60fps on PS5.

Last of us 2 should get a upgrade in the near future when the multiplayer is out. So if framerate matters to you then play Ghost for now.

Alock1

Last of us 2 is £25 at Argos for those interested.
Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War both £7

Currys has similar offers for anybody struggling to get collection at their nearest store with no delivery

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Anyone sold their PS4’s yet? Mines currently on eBay and going strong!

TsuWave

I've been using Shopto for a long time and never had issues until today. Tried to buy two £35 PSN top-up cards but when I go to the page to get the code I keep getting an error message that says "Sorry, unfortunately Sony cannot respond to this request at the moment. Please try again later."

Never had this before. The codes usually pop-up in the digital items section of your account instantly. I've raised a ticket (I hate this customer service ticket system). Will give them until tomorrow, if I don't get the codes or hear from them I think I'll see if I can get the money back from Paypal.

gaz1185

Ghost is 60fps on PS5.

Last of us 2 should get a upgrade in the near future when the multiplayer is out. So if framerate matters to you then play Ghost for now.
Cheers for that. Just had a look and it does sound like an upgraded version of TLoU2 for the PS5 is on the way, so I'll wait it out until that is available. Ghost it is!

Alock1

Berba doesn't need to he has a bullet

Drawfull

Much more stable without the external drive plugged in but the library still thinks I have those games which is a pain.

Also, I have never got full bandwidth downloads from the PS Store... until just now with Sackboy. Wonder if Sony have unthrottled it or something?

Minkaro

I'm pages late, but I've managed to platinum 17 games on PS4/5. Mostly because I actually started paying attention to that early lockdown. I got Sleeping Dogs and Rocket League in 2016 and 2017 respectively, and then all of the other fifteen have come since March this year! Assassins Creed II, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Saints Row IV, Star Wars Fallen Order, some point and click game, Gem Smashers, Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Terminator Salvation, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn, Wolf Among Us (on PSNow), Final Fantasy XV, Ghost of Tsushima and Astro's Playroom.

There's a few there that came when I got really sad with it, and was actively hunting out easy/quick plats. I do enjoy getting them though, as it gives me a chance to spend a bit more time with games rather than just bashing through the story and dropping them, like I used to do. I don't like multiplayer trophies, and I just gave up on platinumming Shadow of War because I couldn't be bothered grinding at the end.

I am going to try and get the platinum on Spider-Man Miles Morales and Bugsnax, because they're both fun games. Finished the story on Bugsnax, so it's just a case of cleaning up now. Majorly lucked out on some of the captures, where two of the Bugsnax would fight behind me, and I'd just run in and grab whichever was knocked out. There was also a terrifying moment when I accidentally launched an NPC to an unreachable part of the map, but luckily leaving and going back fixed him.

Spider-Man MM is great too. I'm trying not to play it too much because I don't want to finish it too quickly. I've had no issues with it, although I found the final combat challenge ridiculously easy, especially compared to the traversal one which took me several attempts.

So far so good!

Tiber

I'm pages late, but I've managed to platinum 17 games on PS4/5. Mostly because I actually started paying attention to that early lockdown. I got Sleeping Dogs and Rocket League in 2016 and 2017 respectively, and then all of the other fifteen have come since March this year! Assassins Creed II, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Saints Row IV, Star Wars Fallen Order, some point and click game, Gem Smashers, Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Terminator Salvation, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn, Wolf Among Us (on PSNow), Final Fantasy XV, Ghost of Tsushima and Astro's Playroom.

There's a few there that came when I got really sad with it, and was actively hunting out easy/quick plats. I do enjoy getting them though, as it gives me a chance to spend a bit more time with games rather than just bashing through the story and dropping them, like I used to do. I don't like multiplayer trophies, and I just gave up on platinumming Shadow of War because I couldn't be bothered grinding at the end.

I am going to try and get the platinum on Spider-Man Miles Morales and Bugsnax, because they're both fun games. Finished the story on Bugsnax, so it's just a case of cleaning up now. Majorly lucked out on some of the captures, where two of the Bugsnax would fight behind me, and I'd just run in and grab whichever was knocked out. There was also a terrifying moment when I accidentally launched an NPC to an unreachable part of the map, but luckily leaving and going back fixed him.

Spider-Man MM is great too. I'm trying not to play it too much because I don't want to finish it too quickly. I've had no issues with it, although I found the final combat challenge ridiculously easy, especially compared to the traversal one which took me several attempts.

So far so good!
How did you manage to throw an NPC off the map :lol:

The lava cave in boiling bay had a couple of tricky captures

GBBQ

Black Ops Cold War caused my ps5 to crash. Seems to be a common enough issue going by Twitter feedback.