Gaming PlayStation 5

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It’s a pretty ropey launch isn’t it? I don’t recall my PS4 or 3 having any issues at all. I certainly didn’t babysit them! I hope that by the time i get mine in December (hopefully!) Many of the big issues will have been resolved and I can just use it how I want to.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It’s nuts. It’s because I’ve been signed off work for a few weeks. The devil makes light work of idle hands. I’m on some proper medication and it’s getting easy to convince myself £800 is reasonable.
It’s brilliant but anything above retail is a rip off, it still has lots of problems, not worth it.

Heardy

My system has just crashed for the first time mid game.

Not sure what happened by Spider-Man MM just froze and the console shut down.

Couldnt turn it back on with the controller but after a few mins I managed to turn on at the console - screen lit up to say it was repairing.

Hopefully these are just teething issues.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It’s a pretty ropey launch isn’t it? I don’t recall my PS4 or 3 having any issues at all. I certainly didn’t babysit them! I hope that by the time i get mine in December (hopefully!) Many of the big issues will have been resolved and I can just use it how I want to.
My first PS4 crashed quite a bit to the point I was tempted to get rid of it but after a system update it settled down a bit. Most of the stuff people are seeing are just teething issues which will be ironed out over the next few weeks.

TrustInJanuzaj

My first PS4 crashed quite a bit to the point I was tempted to get rid of it but after a system update it settled down a bit. Most of the stuff people are seeing are just teething issues which will be ironed out over the next few weeks.
I have to say most of the issues sound like they are software based rather than hardware so I think that with Patches it should improve.

Bosws87

100% complete miles morales last night really enjoyed it, better then what I was expecting. Game plays beautiful in 60 FPS now to get demon souls finished before cyberpunk.

Not had a single crash since release but I haven’t bothered with any PS4 games or data transfers

Andy_Cole

My system has just crashed for the first time mid game.

Not sure what happened by Spider-Man MM just froze and the console shut down.

Couldnt turn it back on with the controller but after a few mins I managed to turn on at the console - screen lit up to say it was repairing.

Hopefully these are just teething issues.
Same as my crash. Only crash/ issue I’ve had.

b82REZ

Thankfully my only crashes have occurred as a result of using rest mode so I'm just avoiding that feature altogether for now.

I do have some issues when booting Demon's Souls and then immediately clicking to start a game. If I don't wait for the console to read the disc fully the game will get stuck on the opening screen and I have to restart the console.

I have to admit I'm become very nervous that the console will brick. Seems to have a lot of small little issues.

Woodzy

Left it on rest mode last night but it had turned off through the night and I had an error message when I turned it back on. All working OK, but it’s put me off using rest mode now until further patches stabilise it.
Yeh, rest mode still seems fecked and woke up again to a non-fully charged controller.

b82REZ

100% complete miles morales last night really enjoyed it, better then what I was expecting. Game plays beautiful in 60 FPS now to get demon souls finished before cyberpunk.

Not had a single crash since release but I haven’t bothered with any PS4 games or data transfers
I plowed through the story but all the stories of this game causing crashes has made me extremely wary of going back to it for now.

ovoxo

Had three crashes in 13 hours whilst playing Spider-Man remastered. First time round I had to hold the power button as it just froze. Second and third time it just froze, shut down, restarted by doing the rebuild and then worked fine. I guess this is the early adopters issues you’ll likely face. Hopefully a few more patches will sort it.

Heardy

Anybody completed / substantially through the trophy grind on Spider man MM?

I completed the story, all loot boxes, post story post cards, 100% all districts.

Not quite sure what the deal is with new game+?
Do I need to replay the whole story from the start in order to be able to unlock the last suit and 3 remaining skills?

Ive never got a platinum before and not sure I can grind this one out, but would like to at least unlock the last suit.

Also on crime activities on the app, do they keep regenerating. I’m sure I’ve done 3/3 on each of them But wasn’t sure if that applied to every district.

@Bosws87 @b82REZ ?

littlepeasoup

It’s nuts. It’s because I’ve been signed off work for a few weeks. The devil makes light work of idle hands. I’m on some proper medication and it’s getting easy to convince myself £800 is reasonable.
People missed out on getting a launch console because tossers bought them in their thousands with the express ambition of selling them on. Don't do it. You'd just be perpetuating that cycle; stock will normalise and you'll feel silly.

littlepeasoup

I completed the story, all loot boxes, post story post cards, 100% all districts.

Do I need to replay the whole story from the start in order to be able to unlock the last suit and 3 remaining skills?

Ive never got a platinum before and not sure I can grind this one out, but would like to at least unlock the last suit.

Also on crime activities on the app, do they keep regenerating. I’m sure I’ve done 3/3 on each of them But wasn’t sure if that applied to every district.

@Bosws87 @b82REZ ?
Think this is similar to the first game. You only have to do one of each different variety of crime, and then you can ignore them pretty much, unless you want to go in and get the additional bonuses.

JohnZSmith27

@Bosws87 @b82REZ ?
The additional skills are unlocked in NG+ on levels 21-23. You need to complete it on NG to get one of the trophies

b82REZ

@Bosws87 @b82REZ ?
I'm not a completionist so I don't know. I'd imagine certain trophies can only been unlocked in NG+.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
People missed out on getting a launch console because tossers bought them in their thousands with the express ambition of selling them on. Don't do it. You'd just be perpetuating that cycle; stock will normalise and you'll feel silly.
I know this deep down and besides, Mrs Volumiza would skin me alive.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
These crashes all sound game related - Miles Morales sounds like the main culprit unfortunately.

I've only played Astro and Destiny 2 on my PS5 so far and not a sniff of any problems at all. Looks like i'll be holding off on MM until they get a patch in place to stop these crashes.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
These crashes all sound game related - Miles Morales sounds like the main culprit unfortunately.

I've only played Astro and Destiny 2 on my PS5 so far and not a sniff of any problems at all. Looks like i'll be holding off on MM until they get a patch in place to stop these crashes.
Yep. All my crashes have come on MM. Will crack on with Demons Souls for now. No issues on that.

Traub

Quick question. I'm looking at buying a new tv with a possible PS5 purchase in mind.

It's not one of these top of the range LG tv's. It has HDMI 4K@60Hz and 8bit+FRC. It does have HDR10 apparently. Will I be missing out?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Quick question. I'm looking at buying a new tv with a possible PS5 purchase in mind.

It's not one of these top of the range LG tv's. It has HDMI 4K@60Hz and 8bit+FRC. It does have HDR10 apparently. Will I be missing out?
Potentially yes, but it's not known how many PS5 games will actually utilize 120hz. Most of them will probably cap at 60fps anyway. Still even discounting 120hz those LG's arguably have the best picture quality out there. Whether it's worth the price increase is up to you, but they are pretty great.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finished MM last night but won't be going for Platinum because I don't care about stuff like that. 68% trophies is good with me. Didn't have a single crash luckily.

I've downloaded Persona 5 from the PS Plus collection so might give that a go.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Screw you and a big feck on your face, Damo. I never did get Flawless Raider or Raiding Party. I had every single weapon in the game. I completed everything there was to complete, many times over. I earned Gjallarhorn 7 times, ffs! But I never managed to get that Platinum. It burns me every time I am looking at my trophy list. :(

In other news: I have 21 Platinums. :cool:
I'm surprised you didn't get those - especially the Raiding Party one.

I'm just disappointed not to have got the 100% but the DLC Trophy Pack 2 was a killer as I couldn't find anyone to do WotM.

On Destiny 2 I'm just the Belly Of The Beast trophy away from another Platinum.

Games I'm 2 or 3 trophies away from Platting:
  1. Destiny 2 (1 trophy - Belly Of The Beast)
  2. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (2 trophies - will never get this as not going to win 5 episodes in a row)
  3. FIFA14 (2 trophies - Silver Lining and Legendary, think they're probably impossible to get now but not checked)
  4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (3 trophies - all speedruns for levels, probably doable but I'd need a bit of time)
  5. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (3 trophies - again, all speedruns)
  6. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (3 trophies - speedruns)

Last edited:

Traub

Potentially yes, but it's not known how many PS5 games will actually utilize 120hz. Most of them will probably cap at 60fps anyway. Still even discounting 120hz those LG's arguably have the best picture quality out there. Whether it's worth the price increase is up to you, but they are pretty great.
Thanks. Assuming I'm comfortable with 60fps, is there a massive difference between 8bit+ and 10bit?

b82REZ

Finished MM last night but won't be going for Platinum because I don't care about stuff like that. 68% trophies is good with me. Didn't have a single crash luckily.

Persona never really clicked with me. The combat and Dungeons are fun enough but the life sim stuff bored me to tears. I don't mind anime and stuff but I feel like those aspects are turned up to eleven in this game.

I think it's a game you have to go into prepared to dedicate a couple of hundred hours to.

littlepeasoup

I'm pretty close to finishing MM myself. Got a platinum on the first game, but I'm with you - don't think I'll go through this again for trophies.

Got AC: Valhalla coming through on rental so that'll keep me busy until the PS5 patch for Destiny 2 and Cyberpunk.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah, I try to go for 60%+ in games but on the whole don't really care unless it is a game I really enjoy and is fairly straightforward to plat like Astro.

Nice. I want to play that but leaving that until later due to time dedication needed to play it. Days Gone has lasted me pretty well so far.

Prophet_of_Doom

@Bosws87 @b82REZ ?
I'm not one for Platinums, I don't have the patience, but have just got 100% on this. You do need to play through a second time on NG+ but if you ignore side missions and skip cut scenes it's really short and you realise how little story there really is! Crimes do keep regenerating. One of the trophies is to complete all of the different types of crime (there are 10 in total) including all bonuses but you can just keep replaying the ones on your app to do that.

Kaos

Hands down the best RPG I've played in years. Might as well free up a few days, took me 100 hours to complete :lol:

Also look at trying Yakuza 0 if you haven't already.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ok worrying how long everyone is saying Persona 5 is. Might save that for when I’m off for a week in December.

Kaos

I'd say yes, you'd be missing out. Its not just the potential 120hz @ 4k which itself is a game changer, but also the low input lag, and VRR that prevents screen tear. So you might as well future proof yourself if you're embracing next gen already.

But again I just might be trying to justify recently purchasing the new LG Oled CX, which I have to say is absolutely stunning :drool:

Now I just need to find a PS5 to accompany it :(

Kaos

Ok worrying how long everyone is saying Persona 5 is. Might save that for when I’m off for a week in December.
If its any consolation its one of those games where you don't feel the hours. I was amazed I spent that long on it by the time the end credits rolled.

TrustInJanuzaj

Reading this thread definitely makes me want to go for more platinums. I’ve just looked through my trophy list and on Fifa 14 I was on 98% and just needed to subscribe to a newsletter which is painful. I’ve only got two platinums at the moment, Skyrim and Assassins Creed but I think looking through my list I could have gone for more. Maybe that’s my next gen resolution!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Reading this thread definitely makes me want to go for more platinums. I’ve just looked through my trophy list and on Fifa 14 I was on 98% and just needed to subscribe to a newsletter which is painful. I’ve only got two platinums at the moment, Skyrim and Assassins Creed but I think looking through my list I could have gone for more. Maybe that’s my next gen resolution!
I've got two. One was Astro and the other one was similarly easy but can't remember now.

EDIT: The Telltale Walking Dead game :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

One of my biggest issues has always been the fact I’m too lazy to actually jump out the game and look at the trophy list but I actually like the new phone app so maybe that will make me focus on it about more.