Gaming PlayStation 5

Kaos

It seems like apart from Astros the whole release has been a damp squib. I think I'll still invest in the new year but glad I didn't rush out and get one as it doesn't feel like I'm missing all that much if I'm honest.
It's a standard console release tbh. One excellent exclusive (Demon souls), flanked by a handful of other decent exclusives (Spiderman: MM, Sackboy, Astros etc).

Ignoring the scalping issue, its been as good a console release as any. But like any other console release, there shouldn't be rush to procure one at the start. I'm pretty happy with mine, but could have easily waited in hindsight.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Exactly :lol:

But I suppose if the only game on the system that interests you is Astro's Playroom, probably best to wait. Not that it's a bad game but come on.
It's never a bad idea to wait at launch. It's not exactly a necessity. This is probably the first time I've got a console at launch....

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Going from a launch PS4 it is a nice change - completely silent, very quick to load stuff, games look better for the most part... and that PS+ Collection. Really enjoying going through the games I haven't played before.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can't get enough of Hollow Knight :lol:

Kinda sad, all that power and I'm playing a side scroller...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It seems like apart from Astros the whole release has been a damp squib. I think I'll still invest in the new year but glad I didn't rush out and get one as it doesn't feel like I'm missing all that much if I'm honest.
Easy to say when you don't have one.

Demons Souls and Astro have been as good a start to a new console as any I can remember.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I can't get enough of Hollow Knight :lol:

Kinda sad, all that power and I'm playing a side scroller...
I'm playing binding of isaac more than any other game. I feel similar to you that I'm wasting all that power, but then again, BOI is just such a fun challenge, I can't get enough of it

TheReligion

Abusive
It's a standard console release tbh. One excellent exclusive (Demon souls), flanked by a handful of other decent exclusives (Spiderman: MM, Sackboy, Astros etc).

Ignoring the scalping issue, its been as good a console release as any. But like any other console release, there shouldn't be rush to procure one at the start. I'm pretty happy with mine, but could have easily waited in hindsight.
I think that's a pretty fair and well balanced response.

Pretty honest of you!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I think that's a pretty fair and well balanced response.

Pretty honest of you!
It’s spot on tbf! When a console first comes out you really don’t need it and there are teething problems that I hope get sorted out soon enough! I’m personally just loving the plus collection, it’s a great console though I’m loving it.

Riz

Saw Assassin's Creed valhalla for 38 pound and the new Watchdog for 30 in Tesco, not a bad price for next gen game.
Saw the same 2 discounted on Amazon. Watchdogs looks like it could be fun to be honest so I’m torn between getting that or Demon’s Souls (never played a souls game).

Tiber

It's crazy how much better Destiny feels on PS5 than PS4. It's a completely different experience

Bojan11

January sale starting on Tuesday.

Probably be first sale that includes PS5 games.

Kaos

Is Ghost of Tsushima really that good?

I've heard its gorgeous, but from gameplay perspective I've heard its also a bit shallow. Honestly I'm just fatigued by the tedious nature of modern open world games, especially of the Ubisoft mould which scatter the map with a whole bunch of repetitive, shallow objectives. If thats also the case with GoT then I'm not sure I have the patience to bother.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

I've heard its gorgeous, but from gameplay perspective I've heard its also a bit shallow. Honestly I'm just fatigued by the tedious nature of modern open world games, especially of the Ubisoft mould which scatter the map with a whole bunch of repetitive, shallow objectives. If thats also the case with GoT then I'm not sure I have the patience to bother.
No.

Honestly if the bolded bit is true, I wouldn't bother. I gave up on it half way through. Beautiful looking game but the world is very samey, the story and main character are dull, it's full of annoying fetch quests like you mentioned that are constantly drilled into your face so you don't even feel like you can just go and do the main quest or explore the world yourself. The combat is fun to a point but even that gets boring after a while.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys

If you're fatigued by those games it's unlikely to be much different for you. Why not try something completely different like Return of the Obra Dinn? That game is the opposite of shallow objectives scattered around the map.

Kaos

No.

Honestly if the bolded bit is true, I wouldn't bother. I gave up on it half way through. Beautiful looking game but the world is very samey, the story and main character are dull, it's full of annoying fetch quests like you mentioned that are constantly drilled into your face so you don't even feel like you can just go and do the main quest or explore the world yourself. The combat is fun to a point but even that gets boring after a while.
If you're fatigued by those games it's unlikely to be much different for you. Why not try something completely different like Return of the Obra Dinn? That game is the opposite of shallow objectives scattered around the map.
I feared this would be the case. Thanks, I'll definitely give this one a miss then.

Luckily I still have Demon Souls to complete, so that should tide me over nicely until Yakuza: Like a Dragon comes to the PS5.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
That Bugnsax migh be one of the shittest things I've ever played. Instant delete.

Starting to get into Bloodborne now even though I've absolutely no idea where I'm going or what I'm supposed to be doing. How do you even level up?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
That Bugnsax migh be one of the shittest things I've ever played. Instant delete.

Starting to get into Bloodborne now even though I've absolutely no idea where I'm going or what I'm supposed to be doing. How do you even level up?
Bugsnax was loads of fun! Take that back.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I was gutted at first i missed out on one but Valhalla has been keeping me going on my ps4. I honestly don't feel like I've missed out on much at all but I'm nearing the end of that game now so the need for a ps5 will grow again.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I was gutted at first i missed out on one but Valhalla has been keeping me going on my ps4. I honestly don't feel like I've missed out on much at all but I'm nearing the end of that game now so the need for a ps5 will grow again.
You’ve hammered that. I might go back to it while I wait for Cyberpunk next gen update

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
You’ve hammered that. I might go back to it while I wait for Cyberpunk next gen update

Just posted in the valhalla thread, I've done 115 hours, the story is completed and I have 3 trophies left for the Platinum. Its been a long slog but I've really enjoyed the game, although it is too long and dragged out for sure.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!

Spend Blood Echoes. But you level up in the dream world (which you access through a lamp) but you need to have gained at least one insight to start levelling up.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
:lol: Exactly this

How far are you? Did you beat the first boss?
I don't think so. Been past the ogre banging on the door. Found what appeared to be a shortcut into a building with some guy in a cloak who was chatting shit. And that's about it. Generally just been circling around the town killing people.

Siorac

:lol: Exactly this

I don't think so. Been past the ogre banging on the door. Found what appeared to be a shortcut into a building with some guy in a cloak who was chatting shit. And that's about it. Generally just been circling around the town killing people.
Once you encounter a boss, you'll get insight. Look at the little eye icon in the top right corner. It says zero now but meeting a boss will increase it (you don't have to kill the boss, you can save and quit right after going through the fog gate).

Once you have insight, go back to the Hunter's Dream, the place where you got your first weapon. You'll be able to talk to... someone.

(you can also get insight by consuming a Madman's Knowledge, you can find those throughout the world.)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Once you encounter a boss, you'll get insight. Look at the little eye icon in the top right corner. It says zero now but meeting a boss will increase it (you don't have to kill the boss, you can save and quit right after going through the fog gate).

Once you have insight, go back to the Hunter's Dream, the place where you got your first weapon. You'll be able to talk to... someone.

(you can also get insight by consuming a Madman's Knowledge, you can find those throughout the world.)
Ok that makes more sense. I'll crack on later. Thankyou kindly.