Gaming PlayStation 5

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
No worries, hope he gets his money back. It's a horrible feeling to be scammed (happened to me with a PS3 I bought from USA).
Yeah I feel really gutted for him, wish he came to me before he ordered it as I would have advised him against it. Sucks that people are taking advantage of people.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
For those of you still on the lookout, according to this website, there's going to be a big batch of stock coming 2nd of February and "early February" https://www.whathifi.com/news/ps5-r...me-tipped-for-new-wave-of-ps5-stock-this-week

Apparently, John Lewis has told eager PS5 fans to expect more stock on 2nd February.
Amazon is also said to be a dead cert for a big batch. When asked when the PS5 could be back in stock at Amazon UK, a customer service rep is said to have told PS5 Stock UK: "we are expecting this in stock by Feb 1st week".

Currys PC World is due to be getting a PS5 restock in "early February", and a new statement on the Smyths Toys website says: "Our next available date is February 2021"

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Finally got a shipping confirmation for the Pulse headset a month after placing a back-order on ShopTo :drool:
I got mine a few days back, you’ll love it, the 3D sound is fantastic.

I can’t help but think the sound on the whole for the PS5 is excellent. Films and Spotify through my under tv speaker sounds brill.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Ok, so for anyone who has registered their interest on SimplyGames, I just had an email this second to say that they have a bundle in stock now that you can preorder. Gonna have to be quick though.

Cyberpunk
Extra controller
Camera
The Pathless

Dispatched by Wednesday 20th of January

Berbasbullet

I can’t help but think the sound on the whole for the PS5 is excellent. Films and Spotify through my under tv speaker sounds brill.
Just ordered some from shop to as well, happy to wait a month or so for them.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Just ordered some from shop to as well, happy to wait a month or so for them.
Worth waiting for. I don’t have any points of reference as to whether the Pulse is better than any others but I can say they sound excellent. Especially the 3D sound. COD sounded amazing and the distance and direction of explosions was very clear.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

This just got me super excited now :drool:
I've put off buying some games just because I had been using a headset I got maybe 6 years ago and the audio only works when the cable is in a particular position.

Berbasbullet

Worth waiting for. I don’t have any points of reference as to whether the Pulse is better than any others but I can say they sound excellent. Especially the 3D sound. COD sounded amazing and the distance and direction of explosions was very clear.
Class! I’m looking forward to this! Hopefully get mine in a month or so.

I use cheap turtle bay ones so I think I’m gonna love these bad boys.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not surprising really, but still infuriating for the people trying to get one.

Kaos

Some of you will hate me, but the inevitable has happened - my PS5 is already gathering dust. I played Demon Souls and some Miles Morales, only to go back to World of Warcraft of all things :lol:

This happens with pretty much every new console for me. Oh well, just have to wait for the next must have exclusive whenever that arrives.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Some of you will hate me, but the inevitable has happened - my PS5 is already gathering dust. I played Demon Souls and some Miles Morales, only to go back to World of Warcraft of all things :lol:

This happens with pretty much every new console for me. Oh well, just have to wait for the next must have exclusive whenever that arrives.
Inb4 @VeevaVee

Berbasbullet

Fair enough pal! Is there nothing on the ps plus collection you’d want to try?

Kaos

Fair enough pal! Is there nothing on the ps plus collection you’d want to try?
Not particularly. Tbh I'm primarily a PC gamer but I bought the console because I really wanted to play the Demon Souls remaster, and as a huge souls fan - I wasn't disappointed. Thoroughly enjoyed it despite it being on the short side. I don't regret the purchase at all since I was always eventually going to end up with next-gen console, Demon Souls just forced my hand earlier than usual.

Berbasbullet

Not particularly. Tbh I'm primarily a PC gamer but I bought the console because I really wanted to play the Demon Souls remaster, and as a huge souls fan - I wasn't disappointed. Thoroughly enjoyed it despite it being on the short side. I don't regret the purchase at all since I was always eventually going to end up with next-gen console, Demon Souls just forced my hand earlier than usual.
Fair enough, surprised God of War isn’t your cup of tea. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it.

I’ve moved onto Days Gone now which I’m enjoying more than I expected.

Kaos

Fair enough, surprised God of War isn’t your cup of tea. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it.

I’ve moved onto Days Gone now which I’m enjoying more than I expected.
I played God of War on PS4 when it was initially released. It wasn't really my thing.

In all honesty a playstation is mostly a JRPG/sports game machine for me. I.e. games I can't/don't particularly want to play on PC. I'm sure the PS5 will serve that purpose fine. I'm also not as arsed or motivated anymore with keeping my pc updated, not with scalpers ruining the graphics card market, so this gen might actually compel me to make the full switch to being a full time console gamer. It seems the technical chasm that's always existed between PCs and consoles has gotten even more narrow this gen anyway.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I played God of War on PS4 when it was initially released. It wasn't really my thing.

In all honesty a playstation is mostly a JRPG/sports game machine for me. I.e. games I can't/don't particularly want to play on PC. I'm sure the PS5 will serve that purpose fine. I'm also not as arsed or motivated anymore with keeping my pc updated, not with scalpers ruining the graphics card market, so this gen might actually compel me to make the full switch to being a full time console gamer. It seems the technical chasm that's always existed between PCs and consoles has gotten even more narrow this gen anyway.
I mean, I have some bad news for you on both those points...

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Getting mine tomorrow. Can't be arsed to wait anymore, so getting a unopened one from a private seller in my town. Overpaying by 800 euros but oh well, I want some from software time. :angel:

Bosws87

Similar but i bought an RTX 3080 and a new PC so the ps5 will strictly be a Sony exclusive machine now.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Getting mine tomorrow. Can't be arsed to wait anymore, so getting a unopened one from a private seller in my town. Overpaying by 800 euros but oh well, I want some from software time. :angel:
Surely this just makes the problem worse though. If scalpers couldn't sell them, they wouldn't buy them.

JP77

What's the end game here for these scalpers/bots? Eventually there will be plenty of supply and they'll be stuck with tons of PS5s?
They'll make money off of them. Worst case scenario a huge shipment of stock comes in and most people get them for the normal price and the 'scalpers' have to lower their prices around the normal price. They'll probably continue to make a bit more money for the next month though as the demand is so high and the stock isn't there to fill the demand.

Today is a good example. John Lewis dropped and sold out within 30 seconds. Sure, only 100+ or so. Game dropped and went within about 4-5 minutes, thankfully they did it where the consoles were in loads of different bundles which gave normal people an actual chance. The thing is, most of the normal people that got one today were people following twitter, discords, stock alerts etc. We aren't even taking into account the average person who ain't going to be doing any of that stuff, they're the type of people that will likely give in and pay the mental prices that the feckers are selling them at. Just hoping more stock starts to come quicker for people to get their hands on and stop the scalpers making much more profit.

I managed to get one from Game this morning. Digital bundle with 50 quid wallet and extra controller. I've been following all stock alerts, twitter etc and was trying every half hour or so this morning while at work :lol: literally clicked the bundle on the dot of ten and it loaded. Got my details in just in time.

Now it's just the worry of no cancellation, then the bastard delivery drivers not stealing it :lol: paid the 20 quid for priority delivery which means if it disappears I get a replacement plus 50 pound. For anybody still on the hunt I'd expect a drop from Argos at any point, probably a small drop from Game, Currys at any point over the next few days too. Argos is probably the next big one, surely can't be worst than the John Lewis stock.