Gaming PlayStation 5

b82REZ

Is all this talk of a remaster of TLOU2 based solely on that LinkedIn post?

There is no concrete reports from anywhere as far as I can see.

I expect they will remaster it at some point; but I feel they'd wait for season 2 on the TV show to do that.

Balljy

Is all this talk of a remaster of TLOU2 based solely on that LinkedIn post?

There is no concrete reports from anywhere as far as I can see.

I expect they will remaster it at some point; but I feel they'd wait for season 2 on the TV show to do that.
It'll be a PC version of it for releasing in 2024 / 2025 and Sony have probably seen the dollar signs in bringing that enhanced version over to PS5. Yeah, It'll definitely be timed for season 2.

Bebe

I don't really understand why Bungie's opinion would carry that much weight with Sony re: TLOU Factions or whatever it was going to be called. Destiny is a successful franchise but it's not like it hasn't had ups and downs.

@Alock1 is right, it's terrible news for people who enjoyed TLOU's multiplayer and have been looking forward to this. I couldn't care less about it, but the original's MP had a strong fanbase.

Also have no idea what the point of a TLOU2 remaster is - I played it for the first time last year and it's one of the best looking games available on any console in its current form.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It no longer being a viable GAAS doesn't mean it's dead. Maybe we see it as is, alongside TLOU2 remaster. Can't wait to replay that game again tbh...

BristolRuss

I see the price of the PS5 digital has gone up again with the new model, and if you want to add the disc drive later it will cost you a whopping £99.99. Also neither of the new models come with the vertical stand anymore, so that is an additional £25 to add onto the price.

Ainu

I see the price of the PS5 digital has gone up again with the new model, and if you want to add the disc drive later it will cost you a whopping £99.99. Also neither of the new models come with the vertical stand anymore, so that is an additional £25 to add onto the price.
Jim Ryan making the most of his last months on the job. What a beautiful legacy this man is going to leave behind.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’m glad it’s an immaterial change so my PS5 remains ‘next’ gen.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I like how they haven't put the proper ps5 in a photo next to it.

Someone mocked it up somewhere and it's barely any different apparently.
Perhaps.

It's a bad looking console to begin with and an absolute nightmare to travel with so I just hope they will eventually release a slim version that will be of much simpler shape that fits in a backpack.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Would you be able to stream through PlayStation Portal?
Probably not as we can't stream through Remote Play. They might change things down the line but no idea. This is interesting wording though:

PS5 cloud streaming is exclusively available on the PS5 console at launch.
It launches 15 days to a month before the Portal is out.

amolbhatia50k

Outlast 2 is a part of the PS Plus Extra line up. I’m sure they’ve given it before in the old PS Plus. That’s the only reason I played it!

amolbhatia50k

Yes, they did. Was only the one month giveaway whereas on Extra it'll be there at least 3 months.
Cheers. I knew it! They’ve resorted to giving out recycled games :lol:

This month is okay. Thankfully it has a few indies here and there to somewhat save it. But the trend of poorly rated main titles does continue.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I bought Resi 4 Remake because I want to play the VR mode, but I then decided to replay the campaign, after playing on Xbox eariler this year. And for some reason, this time it really clicked. I really loved it. I got the platinum in it and got every trophy in Separate Ways. In a year of great games, it's now my GOTY, so far, knocking Resi 8 VR from number 1.

We will see if Spiderman 2 or Alan Wake 2 can dethrone it. What a year of games.

Woodzy

I bought Resi 4 Remake because I want to play the VR mode, but I then decided to replay the campaign, after playing on Xbox eariler this year. And for some reason, this time it really clicked. I really loved it. I got the platinum in it and got every trophy in Separate Ways. In a year of great games, it's now my GOTY, so far, knocking Resi 8 VR from number 1.

We will see if Spiderman 2 or Alan Wake 2 can dethrone it. What a year of games.
Probably one of the best ever.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Is anyone else playing Alan Wake 2 on PS5? And if so are the haptics working on the dualsense? I've played almost the whole game, and I don't think they are working as intended. You're supposed to feel rain drops and everything!

b82REZ

GAME are selling Resident Evil 4 Remake for £22. Just added that to the backlog.

They also had the new Street Fighter for £20.

Selbourne

Is anyone else playing Alan Wake 2 on PS5? And if so are the haptics working on the dualsense? I've played almost the whole game, and I don't think they are working as intended. You're supposed to feel rain drops and everything!
Not working for me too. Thought there was an issue with my controller at first.

amolbhatia50k

Another hopeless month Ps plus essential. Hopefully extra makes up for it.

Fully Fledged

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...staff-revenue-45percent-below-2023-projection

New reporting suggests this week's layoffs at Bungie, the Sony-owned developer behind Destiny 2, have impacted around 100 staff members, or roughly 8% of the studio's headcount.

Further, some employees are entitled to unvested shares, which are put aside until a specific requirement has been met (in this case, staying with Bungie for a set number of years). According to one of Tassi's sources: "Those shares revert to Bungie if you leave, even if you're fired, which is what's happening now to many of those affected."

Paul Tassi

Additional: This may be a part of wider cost-cutting at Sony in multiple areas, but as an independent entity, who gets cut, the timing and terms (as above), are Bungie's decision

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Are you guys noticing any difference in TV screen size etc when playing PS5, i.e. does it make a massive difference whether you have a 55' or 65' TV, and if it's OLED and UHD or whatever else there is on the market?

Redstain

Are you guys noticing any difference in TV screen size etc when playing PS5, i.e. does it make a massive difference whether you have a 55' or 65' TV, and if it's OLED and UHD or whatever else there is on the market?
Depends on the type of game, playing on a 65 OLED (modern warfare) compared with a 27 inch monitor totally different experience the smaller the better, you can play faster and less screen real estate for me allowed for more refined aiming in tight situations. But the newer Spiderman on the other hand, has been far more enjoyable on the larger screen.

OLED's usually have better lag inputs as they are some of the flagship ends of most TV manufacturers. Use to play on a Samsung UHD and the transition to an OLED / QD-OLED was night and day in terms of inputs. Add in the refresh rate differences it's totally different. Black uniformity is also far better so darker games with lots of shadows are more visible. The difference between OLED and UHD / LED is significant.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Got me new PS5 a few weeks back, such a lovely thing after 8 months of XBox. Reminded me how deluxe the PS5 controllers are.

I seem to be in a white hot vein of COD form too!

Ainu

Played some of The Pathless this past weekend, good stuff so far. It draws inspiration from Journey and Shadow of the Colossus with a bit of Breath of the Wild thrown into the mix. That makes it sounds more derivative than it is, it's really its own thing, but you can feel the influence of those games. Love the visual style and soundtrack as well. I'm not sure if it will remain fresh for its entire runtime, but I really like what I've played so far.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Depends on the type of game, playing on a 65 OLED (modern warfare) compared with a 27 inch monitor totally different experience the smaller the better, you can play faster and less screen real estate for me allowed for more refined aiming in tight situations. But the newer Spiderman on the other hand, has been far more enjoyable on the larger screen.

OLED's usually have better lag inputs as they are some of the flagship ends of most TV manufacturers. Use to play on a Samsung UHD and the transition to an OLED / QD-OLED was night and day in terms of inputs. Add in the refresh rate differences it's totally different. Black uniformity is also far better so darker games with lots of shadows are more visible. The difference between OLED and UHD / LED is significant.
Thanks, makes sense. I haven't bought a TV in hundered years so really keen on finally investing in something that's really good.

Zen

All over HUKD for £400 MW3 bundle with the what I'm assuming is the original disc edition.

I'm not a big gamer anymore so won't be stacking it full with games galore, but I've been toying with getting one for ages, is there any reason not to get that deal over the slimmer version? Probably be instantly selling that MW3 code though...

Redstain

Samsung QLEDs are pretty sweet, they don't burn in, I don't think OLEDs are as bad as they once were for it.
Yes QLED are relatively good, brightness is unmatched.

OLED burn-in is far more manageable due to the hardware developments. Pixel refresher kicks in when the screen is in standby, temperal peak luminance control if a static logo is on screen which causes the image to dim (TV channel logo etc), it's pretty hard nowadays to get burn-in unless done intentionally.

Worst case scenario if there are some elements of image retention there's options with manufacturers to run a pixel cleaning tool in settings that clears the screen if there's some retention. I was very skeptical of OLED for the same reasons but initially after babying the TV needlessly, the technology is enough to take care of itself.

Good video on it below: