Gaming PlayStation 5

Got them yesterday.

Sound quality is no improvement over the previous pair I was using. My brother tells me I sound clearer when we're playing. They're incredibly comfortable and being wireless is a nice benefit.

I don't feel they're a must buy. If you have a decent pair they won't be massive upgrade on them sound quality wise.

The way Sony market them a 3d Pulse implies they are the only headphones that give 3d audio but they're not.

I got the charging dock as well and if anything I'm more impressed by that because it's made everything look a lot smarter on the stand.

Yeah the charging dock is amazing. It's fantastic never having to plug the controller into a wire.

My current headphones are not great. My mates say they can hear their own voices echoing when I wear them so hopefully these will be better.

Is the Pulse headset worth it?
They're pretty good, 100e is probably about right for them. Battery could be better though, 12 hours isn't great really.

I would say they're a bit like Airpods or Samsung earbuds in that they are really easy to pair up and use with the device their meant for which probably makes them worth it, but there's nothing particularly special about them if you didn't have one.

They do colour match though, so there's that.

Trying to hunt down an official charging station to save me the faff of charging them via the USB C cable every 2-3 days, although I've only found Argos stock instore at Sainsburys, and I want to avoid making non-essential journeys atm.

If anyone knows when they go in stock that would be great help!

As an owner of both consoles I was wondering which had the best 4K Blu-Ray player.

Wonder no more! Vincent Teoh is the man when it comes to this stuff.

Spoiler - it’s the PS5

My housemate just did but by the time I got to the site the queue was an hour so I didn’t bother
So frustrating, they did a queue to secure log in, I got through that, then an hour later they did one for the ps5, I used my previous queue session, found the bundles, then it crashed on me, then I managed to finally add to basket and it was out of stock. Just my luck :lol:

So frustrating, they did a queue to secure log in, I got through that, then an hour later they did one for the ps5, I used my previous queue session, found the bundles, then it crashed on me, then I managed to finally add to basket and it was out of stock. Just my luck :lol:
Sounds like a nightmare :lol:

to be honest there’s no games I really want to play until later in the year earliest so I’m happy to keep waiting, my PS4 still has some life in it and I have a huge game backlog between that and the switch as it is

Got an order in at Game. There was a link circulating allowing you to jump the queue.

there is likely to be another drop today. Not sure if link will work for this one but DM me and I’ll provide it.

God of War broke my controller :lol:

First issue I've had with Sony hardware in basically forever, luckily I have a spare controller. The R2 button basically became limp so obviously the spring inside cried enough, have to say Sony's fix and repair service is decent but slow, 12-15 day turnaround for a fix or replacement.

I got one last week! Am in financially dire straits, so part of me wants to flog it at an inflated price like an arsehole. I don’t wanna give it up, tho’ <3

The controller is brilliant, and I love how much more quiet it is and how quickly everything loads :drool:

First issue I've had with Sony hardware in basically forever, luckily I have a spare controller. The R2 button basically became limp so obviously the spring inside cried enough, have to say Sony's fix and repair service is decent but slow, 12-15 day turnaround for a fix or replacement.

Got the same issue.

Still not sent it off yet. Did you have issues arranging a return?

Got the same issue.

Still not sent it off yet. Did you have issues arranging a return?

No, you have to call them and trust me do it at 10:30am when the lines open or be prepared to be on hold for 2 hours. They send you a returns label to print off, so basically you just have to box it and send it.

Haven't had it back yet but it's with them now so 4-5 days apparently.

Yeah but how long were you on the phone for?

3+ hours for me the first time... I'm dreading doing it again but I guess I better get onto it...

No, you have to call them and trust me do it at 10:30am when the lines open or be prepared to be on hold for 2 hours. They send you a returns label to print off, so basically you just have to box it and send it.

Haven't had it back yet but it's with them now so 4-5 days apparently.

Ffs. That's likely to put me off doing it all together. Assumed it could all be arranged online.

I don't know if its the controller that was packed with the console or the extra one I bought but I got it all from Very.

Oh unlucky. If it was Amazon, I would have told you to return the controller back to them for a replacement.

Game have just dropped
Out of stock already, was in the queue for about 30 mins.

Going to try once more maybe next week but there's better things to do. It's been so difficult to get stuff recently - even the switch was like this when I was trying before. My Oyster Perpetual Rolex was similar last year. Just too many resellers

I think I'm going to just bite the bullet on a Switch with Super Mario World 3D and Mario Kart.

Oh unlucky. If it was Amazon, I would have told you to return the controller back to them for a replacement.

Someone reddit suggested I buy one on Amazon and return my faulty one for a refund. Feel a bit of dick doing that though

Trying to sell a ps5 on eBay. Seen them all go for 860 to 900 and they have to pay 50 quid extra with delivery. Yet mine is slightly less then that and with paid delivery. Eejits.

Are you referring to controllers that come with the console?

Yeah, I did it with my PS4 launch console. I made them refund me for the controller only and bought another controller separate from them.

Or you could do what the Reddit guy suggested above. It’s not like you are scamming anyone. You have a faulty product. It’s easier dealing with Amazon than Sony and all Amazon will do is send it back to Sony, so it’s not like they will lose out.

Trying to sell a ps5 on eBay. Seen them all go for 860 to 900 and they have to pay 50 quid extra with delivery. Yet mine is slightly less then that and with paid delivery. Eejits.
I'll give you £400 for it mate

Bragging about selling consoles above RRP should be a bannable offence.

Yeah, I did it with my PS4 launch console. I made them refund me for the controller only and bought another controller separate from them.

Or you could do what the Reddit guy suggested above. It’s not like you are scamming anyone. You have a faulty product. It’s easier dealing with Amazon than Sony and all Amazon will do is send it back to Sony, so it’s not like they will lose out.
Beats 3 hours on the phone and up to 2 weeks with no DS5...

Been trying to get one (not so hard though) for a couple of weeks, but still no luck.

Yeah but how long were you on the phone for?

3+ hours for me the first time... I'm dreading doing it again but I guess I better get onto it...

15 mins the second time, I left it on hold the first time and gave up. If you do it at 10:30am as soon as they open the wait time isn't bad.