Gaming PlayStation Vita 2 (Or Q Lite)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Will you be able to play FarmVille on it?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Only remote play seems useless. They already have cloud streaming capability already for PC so could, arguably should, have sought to advance that technology for this type of device.

It's a huge shame as it otherwise looks sounds like a lovely bit of kit.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
All they had to do was make a portable ps4 with the full back catalogue of that and they’d be flying.

edgecutter

Sony will do something stupid like own brand micro sd cards again that cost a small fortune.

Tiber

I'm glad to see Sony getting back into the handheld market, but now I have a Steamdeck I'm not sure I need another one

Chairman Steve

It’s going to be hard to compete with Valve and Steam Deck (even though it’s a handheld PC rather than handheld console technically), with it’s ridiculously low price for so much, it’s competitors being more expensive and Steam itself being what it is.

I think Valve lose money on it at the price they put Steam Deck at, but due to those Steam billions, they can afford such projects.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Which was a, uh, lovely bit of kit :)
It really was, except for the back touchpad which, along with the stick drift is the bane of my attempts to get the platinum on Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

Sony will do something stupid like own brand micro sd cards again that cost a small fortune.
If it is remote play only, there won't be need for any additional storage. The majority of Sony's consoles didn't have proprietary storage so I think they'll have learned their lesson from Vita if they were to make a handheld that wasn't just remote play only.

All they had to do was make a portable ps4 with the full back catalogue of that and they’d be flying.
Yep. Add in a PS+ app and PS5 streaming when that comes available and it'd be printing money.

binary bot
I’d be all over this. I’ve become a lazy Cnut when it comes to gaming

Adamsk7

I buy all the systems so will probably get one but hard to see how it competes with the Steam Deck. Since getting one that’s what I play at least 70% of the time. If only it had better battery life that may be even higher

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Like I said in another thread this looks a bit pointless. You can already stream games from your PS5 on any modern mobile phone and you can buy attachment controllers for very little. You can’t really play it on the go properly as you need a connection. Also, the requirement to own PS5 puts a limit on the amount of people who could be interested even further. It’s more of a PS5 adjacent gadget than a true handheld.

Bosws87

It’s crap swallow their pride and follow the Microsoft model of xCloud any supported device anywhere without having to directly connect to your own personal console.