Gaming Playstation VR2 | 22nd Feb 2024: Testing compatibility with PC, hoping to release in 2024

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Took long enough! Also play Blood and Truth, No Man Sky, Hitman, Farpoint and Star Wars Squadrons as they've had PS5 boosts and a few look like PCVR :drool:
Will do. The adaptor has finally arrived. Dived right into TWD after not playing VR at all for a couple of years and feeling a bit queasy right now.

Need to get more used to the inventory system as trying to remember where to put stuff has me like this kid picking up the same stuff over again

It's good though. Most of my time was spent on setting up the damn thing with all the wires and finding charging cable for the move controllers.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I've finally got a Quest 2 for my boys for xmas, so have been trying it out including the PC link for steam games.

This is what the PSVR 2 should be aiming for, and no doubt will be. Even if it's 1 long USB C lead to the PS5 (which I'm sure it won't even need that) it will definitely popularise VR way beyond what the PSVR did.

Mercurial

I early adopted PSVR on PS4, it was a horrible experience, poor resolution, massive screen door effect. Uncomfortable design. Tried it on steam also and it didn't stack up vs the competition there either. Perhaps the PSVR 2 for PS5 will be a better product.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Will do. The adaptor has finally arrived. Dived right into TWD after not playing VR at all for a couple of years and feeling a bit queasy right now.

Need to get more used to the inventory system as trying to remember where to put stuff has me like this kid picking up the same stuff over again

It's good though. Most of my time was spent on setting up the damn thing with all the wires and finding charging cable for the move controllers.
SuperHot VR if you’ve not already played it. Still my favourite PSVR game.

TWD was good fun.

Damien

Staff
Is it even worth buying now? Wouldn't we just be better off waiting for psvr2 ?
If you can wait I'd recommend waiting. I already had the original one a few years ago and was just waiting on the PS5 camera adaptor to arrive.

The wires for the original PSVR are an absolute bitch but I heard they're better with the revision so might still be worth playing but will be even better when PSVR2 comes out as it'll be just the one wire and improved controllers/tracking.

Ooh. Didn’t think of that. We have the PS4 one (I think? We got it ages ago. Before the PS5 came out)
Ah good. The cameras look very different. Can't really help you with getting the headset with no camera but just wanted to check if you had the right one in the first place as didn't want you to get the headset only to find out the camera isn't compatible. Good luck!

Volumiza

Sneakily got it for the Quest without the Mrs knowing I re-bought it :lol:

It's even better on that, the accuracy makes it just that much more fun! Good workout too if, like me, you go all in with the bending your back (and suffering for it later ;) )
No point in playing if you don’t go full matrix back bendy style!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Horizon call of the mountain too :drool:

Although people seem to be expecting it to be an on the rails experience.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Pretty excited about this. Great to read the specs, sounds like it will be a proper piece of kit and the single cable is music to my ears.

Good that no camera is needed too, that’ll rid us of those annoying tracking issues.
Yeah it looks class so far, specs look good too. I stayed away from the first one as I wasn’t convinced the tech was there but don’t think I can stay away again, day one purchase I imagine.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah it looks class so far, specs look good too. I stayed away from the first one as I wasn’t convinced the tech was there but don’t think I can stay away again, day one purchase I imagine.
Same. Is it still expected to drop Christmas time?

Volumiza

I had the first one and the tech was good. Superhot VR and Resi 7 were amazing and some of the tech demos were class but I sold it all in a bundle with my PS4 when I got my PS5 and I'm glad I did.

My sons Oculus is so much better than the PSVR1 and I'm expecting the PSVR2 to be even better judging by the specs. VR is no doubt the future of gaming IMO. I'll be in the day 1 queue with you mate.

Berbasbullet

I had the first one and the tech was good. Superhot VR and Resi 7 were amazing and some of the tech demos were class but I sold it all in a bundle with my PS4 when I got my PS5 and I'm glad I did.

My sons Oculus is so much better than the PSVR1 and I'm expecting the PSVR2 to be even better judging by the specs. VR is no doubt the future of gaming IMO. I'll be in the day 1 queue with you mate.
Is the PSVR2 specs in line with the oculus? My friend has an oculus and raves about it.

Volumiza

Is the PSVR2 specs in line with the oculus? My friend has an oculus and raves about it.
Specs for PSVR2 look better on paper. Twice the Resolution per eye and eye tracking are two notable improvements over the Oculus. Couple that with similar sensory feedback to what the new PS5 controllers offer and we could be in for a real treat.

Berbasbullet

Specs for PSVR2 look better on paper. Twice the Resolution per eye and eye tracking are two notable improvements over the Oculus. Couple that with similar sensory feedback to what the new PS5 controllers offer and we could be in for a real treat.
Sounds banging tbf! Hoping for a 2022 release

Damien

Staff
It was good but the setup is so cumbersome with five or so different wires, the box, the camera etc and if you have to put it away after each use due to space it's a big faff. I know some people are down on there being a single wire for VR2 but for me that alone would be a big improvement and I don't have an issue with that side of things.

Volumiza

It was good but the setup is so cumbersome with five or so different wires, the box, the camera etc and if you have to put it away after each use due to space it's a big faff. I know some people are down on there being a single wire for VR2 but for me that alone would be a big improvement and I don't have an issue with that side of things.
Even if you had the space to keep it out it was so bloody untidy and a magnet for dust! Drove me nuts. And yes, a single wire is a godsend.

Doh! Missed my palindromic post of 8448!

Bosws87

Be intrigued to see the levels of the visuals it pushes out with two screens at 2000 x 2040 (two screens pushing more pixels then 1440p) and games needing to run at a bare minimum of 90fps

Just bring Half Life Alyx to the console platforms so more people can appreciate how a VR game should be and can be done!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Never had VR but I think I might jump in whenever the VR2 comes out.

Volumiza

Gravity glove is genius just as impactful as the original gravity gun in Half Life 2
Yep, it was an obvious but very well thought out tool to make the most of VR but everything about it was great. Perfect addition to the HL series and perfect use of VR.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
As expected, same as the Occulus via PC which works very well with a single USB C cable. Still not quite as good as standalone, but much better and more useful than the PSVR setup.

It'll be interesting to see what it may be capable of in the future wireless too. I've not tried to Occulus via steam wirelessly myself, but it seems definitely something that will only get better over the next year or two.

Bosws87

The Occulus is great, and highly recommended in the mean time. But this will look and run better, though still connected to a machine.

Also I fully expect the usual clever bods to have this steam compatible very quickly too.
You started Half Life yet im awaiting feedback?