Gaming Playstation VR2 | 22nd Feb 2024: Testing compatibility with PC, hoping to release in 2024

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I suppose it depends on how Mr Magoo you are but I don't usually need my glasses when playing on the VR but I only use light reading specs.
So you’re long sighted?

That’s what melts my head a bit. I know the screen is very close to your eyes but assume it’s projected so far away stuff seems far away. And for me it’s the far away stuff I need glasses for.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
So you’re long sighted?

That’s what melts my head a bit. I know the screen is very close to your eyes but assume it’s projected so far away stuff seems far away. And for me it’s the far away stuff I need glasses for.
yeah long sighted, it was melting my head too. The screens are close to my eyes but give the impression of being far away. A bit like the cows in Father Ted (small v far away).

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Regardless, you can use your own glasses or get custom lens inserts.

Ainu

So you’re long sighted?

Same here and I've always worn my glasses inside the PSVR headset. Never bothered me. I don't know about other headsets, but I assume PSVR 2 will be similarly accomodating.

Ainu

Ah. Ok. Cool. Good to know. Glasses don’t get steamed up?
It's been a while since I've used it, but I can't remember it ever happening. Apparently some people have had issues with their glasses scratching the PSVR lenses, which I never really thought about. I guess depending on your model of glasses, it might be less comfortable or more likely to scratch.

Never heard about custom lens inserts for headsets, that could be an interesting alternative, although I assume good quality ones won't be cheap.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'll put this here for the VR fans, but has anyone tried the Half Life 2 VR release yet? I'm going to try it today, could be another amazing showcase of how VR can elevate a game. Or it could make us all puke :lol:

Ainu

Probably be the same price point as the original, so £350-£400.
That seems optimistic. With how cutting edge the specs are this time around combined with the current state of the of the world, general rising costs and global supply chain issues, it would very surprising if they managed to keep the price down. And it's Sony.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
That seems optimistic. With how cutting edge the specs are this time around combined with the current state of the of the world, general rising costs and global supply chain issues, it would very surprising if they managed to keep the price down. And it's Sony.
Re-mortgage the house then?

Surely no higher than the price of the console itself?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
"We want consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one.' We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

Personally I reckon £450-500

TheReligion

Abusive
"We want consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one.' We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

Personally I reckon £450-500
Erghh. Not sure where that quote is from but can’t say I like it or think it’s appropriate.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
530 quid holy crap! Was going to get this but might have to hold off you know.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
530 quid holy crap! Was going to get this but might have to hold off you know.
Yep no chance I can afford that. I’ll likely be moving house around that time too so might have to be a mid year purchase.

Drawfull

If it was backwards compatible, or if there was some guarantee that old titles to be ported to the new headset would be FoC to existing owners then the price isn't too horrific. But based on Sony so far this gen, and cross-gen ports are going to be priced accordingly. I loved my PSVR for what it was, but having gone to PCVR from that, and now mainly just a Quest 2 I can't see myself picking this up unless there's literally a must have title in the vein of HL:A or whatever.

The other issue it has is there's essentially a dearth of development for the higher tier headsets these days since Q2 cornered the market.

I think they've shot themselves in the foot a bit.

Ainu

Considering the specs, I'm not surprised at all. It was clearly never designed to be a low entry product.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
You could see this price coming looking at the specs, should be no surprise really.

Wont put me off getting one mind you, after all, who the feck needs two kidneys?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
If supported by developers. It should be a decent investment considering it will last the console generation