Pochettino Chelsea Manager - Sack Watch

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Gallagher would be great for West Ham, Palace (as shown in his year loan), Fulham, Everton if they were actually a desirable team to play for etc. Spurs link seems to crop up aswell so reality is he'll be sacrificed for your FFP requirements and probably do a good job similar to what Ward-Prowse, Longstaff etc do for their teams and still make England squads.

Who else can play number 10? Mydryk played their a bit but I don't think he's quite good the speed of thought yet in his mind to move the ball quickly, Carney endless injuries, Lavia endless injuries, Sterling already having his Riyadh flight ticket booked.

Ultimately it's just going to be another summer of Chelsea selling 100ms of player talent and signing 100ms of player talent. Defence is a total mess without Silva's organisation so you badly need a CB in the 28-30 year old bracket even if that goes totally against Clearlake's strategy.
Palmer should be our 10. Would also prefer Mudryk there at this point over Gallagher.

I don't disagree that Gallagher could be an effective player but any team with genuine aspirations shouldn't be playing him as a 10. He's still too technically limited and his poor decision-making gets exacerbated against low blocks.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Palmer should be our 10. Would also prefer Mudryk there at this point over Gallagher.

I don't disagree that Gallagher could be an effective player but any team with genuine aspirations shouldn't be playing him as a 10. He's still too technically limited and his poor decision-making gets exacerbated against low blocks.
At this point I think Palmer is better drifting out wide and coming into space. Second half he was in centrally and too many moves were breaking down with him making over ambitious passes. Long term yeah he could be an option just like so many of your squad not quite now.

The plan I assume was for Nkunku to be drifting around that central area so you'll have to wait until next season to see if that works on a weekly basis in the Premier league.

BorisManUtd

First of all, congratulations to Chelsea fans on the win, crazy game and even crazier ending to it.

On Poch: been his fan for a decade now (not as big as Amadaeus obviously). But based on his time at Southampton and Spurs, I over-rated him. Or at least he has stagnated/regressed since. He'll be delighted to have won tonight like everyone at Chelsea but just looking at the performance it's poor. The way Chelsea played after 2-0, making it too easy for us to come back into the game. Then second half was probably worse, especially after Garnacho's goal where United players kept that lead comfortably for half an hour. Of course in the end Chelsea won but it was more of a self-destruction from United.

Don't know if majority fans want Pochettino to get another season or not and, like with United, there aren't elite managers available on the market so will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season. Chelsea's problems surely run deeper than Poch, though? Russian aggresion on Ukraine and Roman having to sell really damaged the club. Roman set high standards and made club successful. Now it all seems to be a mess like United are. Different mess, but a mess.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
At this point I think Palmer is better drifting out wide and coming into space. Second half he was in centrally and too many moves were breaking down with him making over ambitious passes. Long term yeah he could be an option just like so many of your squad not quite now.

The plan I assume was for Nkunku to be drifting around that central area so you'll have to wait until next season to see if that works on a weekly basis in the Premier league.
Thought the problem 2nd half wasn't Palmer's positioning but rather that Gusto was spent and not getting forward as regularly. He was a doubt before the game with injury; without him as a space-creating overlapper Palmer wasn't as effective. Gilchrist offers genuinely nothing as an outlet as well.

Typically when chasing games Poch has taken a midfielder off and moved Palmer centrally - it's usually worked quite well. Certainly I'd prefer to give that a try than to continue with Gallagher as a 10.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The reason there doesn't seem to be any depth is because at all times in the season we've had 8-12 first team players out injured. The injury list has been fecking ridiculous and any time someone comes back another one takes their place.

As for the Conference League, if we get there I could see us doing something similar as Milan a few years ago and voluntarily take a one year European ban to settle any potential FFP breaches. I'm pretty sure I remember the possibility of that was even mentioned in some article by the Athletic around the League Cup final.
What a unique problem no one else is facing in the league.

Withnail

:).

like pochettino mentioned, he need’s experience players. The scoreline was deceptive. Two of chelsea goals conceded was by blunder because of inexperience Players. Now he is 6 games unbeaten and first chelsea manger to beat United since 2018. Not to mention all the injuries he has to deal with and the inexperienced players.

what he is doing is remarkable with what he is giving. Palmer going straight to pochettino is clear message to everyone that doesn’t understand football that Palmer stick with him and knows pochettino is the one that will make him a superstar.
Like I mentioned... nobody gives a feck you troll

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Small time born loser. Celebrating hitting 10th like that sums him up. Ive seen more timid title celebrations
He’s awful. We’re probably the worst coached team in the league. We are an absolute eye sore to watch both in the way we attack and defend. Feck Poch. I can’t wait till we’re free of him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

like pochettino mentioned, he need’s experience players. The scoreline was deceptive. Two of chelsea goals conceded was by blunder because of inexperience Players. Now he is 6 games unbeaten and first chelsea manger to beat United since 2018. Not to mention all the injuries he has to deal with and the inexperienced players.

what he is doing is remarkable with what he is giving. Palmer going straight to pochettino is clear message to everyone that doesn’t understand football that Palmer stick with him and knows pochettino is the one that will make him a superstar.
You are beyond shameless.

always_hoping

Like I mentioned... nobody gives a feck you troll
I thought the mods finally had the sense to ban him? gone missing since November and now gloating with his troll nonsense after a poxy win for that maestro Poch.

I feel feel sorry for him if above the age of 12.

Withnail

I thought the mods finally had the sense to ban him? gone missing since November and now gloating with his troll nonsense after a poxy win for that maestro Poch.

No he just did a Glaston while Chelsea were shite. And he's a man utd fan apparently. He was always a bit insufferable but this is taking the piss.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Is it just me, or does this read like it was written by Gollum? Seriously, read it in his voice and tell me it doesn’t work.

Pochettino…. My precious! :lol:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

I feel sorry for the sex doll with Poch's face taped to it that's been mouldering in his closet for months

mav_9me

Chelsea are in just as much trouble as us if not more. In extra time they were barely trying. Poch is done.

always_hoping

No he just did a Glaston while Chelsea were shite. And he's a man utd fan apparently. He was always a bit insufferable but this is taking the piss.
Glaston was just a little stupid and would go ASAP after some embarrassing posts.

I'm more likely to become Pope than that Poch lover is a United supporter. A plain troll and not even a good one at that.

Withnail

Glaston was just a little stupid and would go ASAP after some embarrassing posts.

I'm more likely to become Pope than he is a United supporter. A plain troll and not even a good one at that.
Yeah Glaston wasn't a troll so much but could be bloody combative and annoying.

It looks like Amadaeus is gone now, thank feck. United fan my arse

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Golden blunder's ban hammer doesn't miss.

He's rarely wrong to be fair.
I remember back in the day when I was a wee-ro he would just suddenly appear and ban the shit out of everything in sight.

Irwin99

Will be a really fun FA cup final if both teams get there. One for the ages.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Well, if nothing, glad we never got him in. He's done a horrible coaching job for years.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's also pretty funny that he is basically saying that they are seven league positions and about 18 points off, where they ought to be. After 30 league games. I could maybe get on board with a team being a handful of points of their 'true' position, but this is such a massive leap :lol:
Eh. Technically xPts has them 7 points worse than they should be

Honestly haven't followed them enough to comment

I will say that reading this thread I'm not entirely surprised by the comments on Pochettino. Nor by Pochettino's comments. That squad is a mess, there's no genuine world class players, and no leaders, other than grampa Silva. Not suprised they fall apart so often

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Not one to police celebrations but that was hilarious to watch :lol: This is Poch's Everest at Chelsea.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Well, if nothing, glad we never got him in. He's done a horrible coaching job for years.
+1 He is garbage. Even Ole did a better job at United, for most of his tenure, with much worse players than the ones Poch has at Chelsea, and Ole was probably the least qualified manager we've had since Sir Alex

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
+1 He is garbage. Even Ole did a better job at United, for most of his tenure, with much worse players than the ones Poch has at Chelsea, and Ole was probably the least qualified manager we've had since Sir Alex
Harsh on Sir Alex.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
What a unique problem no one else is facing in the league.
Didn't say it was, did I?

A comment was made about Chelsea's lack of squad depth and I replied to it with some added context. Was in no way implying nobody else was facing similar problems with injuries.