Pochettino Chelsea Manager - Sack Watch

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Didn't say it was, did I?

A comment was made about Chelsea's lack of squad depth and I replied to it with some added context. Was in no way implying nobody else was facing similar problems with injuries.
Yeah, to be honest that was petty by me being sore from last night's result. Apologies.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, to be honest that was petty by me being sore from last night's result. Apologies.
No worries, it happens. Up until the last couple minutes of the game I was fecking fuming too.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No worries, it happens. Up until the last couple minutes of the game I was fecking fuming too.
I can imagine. I was saying I couldn't believe you threw it away, only for us to throw it away minutes later :lol:

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Only positive about last night is it keeps Poch in a job for a bit longer. They are a useless team who finally found a team just a tad worse last night.
Any permanent replacement for Poch would only come in the summer anyway so I'm pretty sure he's staying till the end of the season regardless. Last season we sacked Potter around this time and things went from bad to worse with Lamps as interim coach so I doubt there's any willingness to go through that again.

I'm pretty sure without a top6 finish or winning the FA Cup he's gone when the season is over.

tomaldinho1

Any permanent replacement for Poch would only come in the summer anyway so I'm pretty sure he's staying till the end of the season regardless. Last season we sacked Potter around this time and things went from bad to worse with Lamps as interim coach so I doubt there's any willingness to go through that again.

I'm pretty sure without a top6 finish or winning the FA Cup he's gone when the season is over.
Yeah think both managers last night are basically as good as gone come summer but the clubs don’t want to pay them out now.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not one to police celebrations but that was hilarious to watch :lol: This is Poch's Everest at Chelsea.
Anyone is allowed to go over the top when his team was behind after 95min and still wins. That's the Everest of late comeback wins no matter who is playing who.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Saved by our own stupidity. They were terrible too, worse for large swathes of the game.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Won the xG yesterday so can say the result was deserved, even if soft pens.

We're still 10th and remains to be seen if we can climb given how poor our defense is.

SB16

For all that we laugh at Chelsea, let's not forget that if they win their game in hand, they will only be 2 points behind United. If that isn't damning enough....

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
For all that we laugh at Chelsea, let's not forget that if they win their game in hand, they will only be 2 points behind United. If that isn't damning enough....
Our game in hand is at the Emirates. I think you're safe for now :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He won the battle of the billion pound bottle jobs.

I'm torn with regards to sacking him. He's not a particularly likeable character and obviously are season has been a disaster but there has been the odd glimpse of good football.

At the moment, I vote to keep.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea

I'm torn with regards to sacking him. He's not a particularly likeable character and obviously are season has been a disaster but there has been the odd glimpse of good football.

I agree but I think we're in a minority.
What's the point in recruiting another left field manager and we won't attract top top quality.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Won the xG yesterday so can say the result was deserved, even if soft pens.

We're still 10th and remains to be seen if we can climb given how poor our defense is.
And that's all that matters, the 3 points are just a nice bonus

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea

For me it would depend entirely on how the rest of the season goes and also who'd be available to replace him.

I wouldn't sack him just for the sake of sacking but if a good candidate (ie. Amorim, RDZ, Nagelsmann, Flick) was available for us I'd probably lean towards pulling the trigger after the season. Whether any of those would be willing to come in the current mess is another question though. If all the decent candidates don't fancy joining and we were forced scrape the bottom of the barrel for a replacement then we might as well see out another season of Poch.

Ironically I think we'd be in a better position now if we'd just kept Potter last year.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He's not a better manager than Ten Hag and his team is not playing better football than ours.

Except Enzo and Palmer, the rest are all average players.

Shinjch

They looked a lot like United last night. Not a glowing endorsement.

Godfather

He's not a better manager than Ten Hag and his team is not playing better football than ours.

Except Enzo and Palmer, the rest are all average players.
Their football was almost identical (shit) to ours yesterday. Just that we have even bigger bottlers in the team right now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Has the troll finally been banned?
Unfortunately for them they made it a bit too obvious by coming out of hiding after 6 months to make two consecutive posts including one about barely being wrong about football.

Robbie Boy

Unfortunately for them they made it a bit too obvious by coming out of hiding after 6 months to make two consecutive posts including one about barely being wrong about football.
Yeah, going into hiding since November and then coming back to post that trash was utterly shameless.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He should have been thread banned last summer. It would have at least made this thread more bearable and avoided one troll poster triggering 50 people into dunking on him rendering the thread utterly unreadable for long stretches this season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone is allowed to go over the top when his team was behind after 95min and still wins. That's the Everest of late comeback wins no matter who is playing who.
Poch should have stolen the cameraman's camera and pretended to take a photo of Palmer. That's apparently a more acceptable way of celebrating :wenger:

eire-red

I will use last night's game as a barometer for how serious Ineos is, and it will be interesting to contrast the importance of club structure and ownership watching the fortunes of United vs Chelsea over the next couple or seasons.

Last night's game, while good to watch, is clearly what neither of these clubs aspire to be. The advantage Ineos have is that they haven't had their investment yet, whereas Boehly has spent an insane sum of money on players that right now look like they could get them to Top 4 challengers, at best.

I think for Poch, it's still a matter of when and not if he gets the sack. Same for EtH. A win for either manager last night was just going to buy them an extra few foot of rope.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Their football was almost identical (shit) to ours yesterday. Just that we have even bigger bottlers in the team right now.
Not really. Their fullback was almost inexistant to the construction of thei play. Caicedo was only there to create space for their only players, which is Enzo. So basically give the ball to him and he will find Palmer.

We're useless, but we play better

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not really. Their fullback was almost inexistant to the construction of thei play. Caicedo was only there to create space for their only players, which is Enzo. So basically give the ball to him and he will find Palmer.

We're useless, but we play better
Gusto is a big part of how we play, so is James when he's fit. Jackson is also a big part of how we at least attempt to retain possession and create chances. I don't think you've watched much of Chelsea if that is your assessment of how we play.

Disagree.

Last edited:

Lyng

Imagine a supposed United fan, coming back on to a United Forum to lord it over United fans when United have just been beaten.

Shameful and a troll.

It was hardly an "I told you so" performance.
Who are you talking about?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Who are you talking about?
Amadeus, the sad troll who was finally banned yesterday after coming out of hiding to gloat about Poch winning against United, the team he claimed to support.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Is Mozart (with his middle name spelled wrong) back yet?

(Might've been - finally - banned for good, don't know.)