Pochettino Chelsea Manager - Sack Watch

Oranges038

There's no long term plan or criteria. Injuries don't help either. But in the end of the day, all what matters for a manager are the results, and sacking won't be a surprise.
The long term plan was very clear.

Spunk loads of money of young talents, many of whom the manager didn't know about, put them on really long contracts and hope for the best.

It's working well so far.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
To be fair it’s not his own players. Or something
The usual Pochettino line will be to blame the recruitment, then he'll be given it, and he'll make it even worse.

Much like Lampard, he's only really a decent coach when he's forced to actually coach, being that young unproven (but coachable) players respond totally differently to expensive players with egos. It's partially why I feel like his influence and style waned over his period at spurs (CL final aside, we were playing like crap for a good 12-18 months and the performances fell short of the results).

Some managers are just not suited to managing teams of established stars. It's why Chelsea are contradicting their plans by trying to use a manager who is reputable for coaching young teams, whilst signing £40m+ players who are the opposite. They'll have to settle on a Mourinho/Conte type who will buy them a title one in a while.

FortunaUtd

The usual Pochettino line will be to blame the recruitment, then he'll be given it, and he'll make it even worse.

Much like Lampard, he's only really a decent coach when he's forced to actually coach, being that young unproven (but coachable) players respond totally differently to expensive players with egos. It's partially why I feel like his influence and style waned over his period at spurs (CL final aside, we were playing like crap for a good 12-18 months and the performances fell short of the results).

Some managers are just not suited to managing teams of established stars. It's why Chelsea are contradicting their plans by trying to use a manager who is reputable for coaching young teams, whilst signing £40m+ players who are the opposite. They'll have to settle on a Mourinho/Conte type who will buy them a title one in a while.
They have not bought any established stars though.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
They have not bought any established stars though.
They are technically "established" as soon as they get a ton of money spent on them with an 8 year contract.

If a club spends £115m on you, for example, you're going to walk into a club feeling like you've already made it

FortunaUtd

They are technically "established" as soon as they get a ton of money spent on them with an 8 year contract.

If a club spends £115m on you, for example, you're going to walk into a club feeling like you've already made it
I do not believe that either Mudryk or Enzo, to stay with your examples, would think they've "already made it" to the point that their application or will to be coached has suffered. Not at all.

Problem is rather that such a team has no hierarchy and no shared history.
And that Pochettino has turned into something of a stroppy wannabe tough guy, always looking on over-serious like in a spaghetti western.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
We're identical to under Potter, amazing how much money our owners have wasted to go nowhere. Can't blame Poch per se, don't think it would make a big difference with a different manager.
I know the stories are similar in terms of keeping a lot of possession and failing to pose a real threat, but don’t you at at least create a lot of chances that you fluff these days, rather than just looking uninspired in attack? I’ve not seen a lot of Chelsea this season but that seems to be the pundits’ and commentators’ narrative. Or am I being harsh on remembering Potter’s attack being generally tumescent?

al.gabiru

Chelsea's attack is very weak, if Nkunku doesn't explode, Pochettino will have a big problem throughout the season.

TheLord

Such a tame side to play against these days. Does anyone know when Nkunku is back from injury?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's got his work cut out for him, some of these players are fecking brainless.

lsd

The Oracle
He is clearly going to get things right even with the chaos above him at Chelsea.

Choosing Erik over him will be one of the biggest mistakes we ever make

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He is clearly going to get things right even with the chaos above him at Chelsea.

I mean he hasn’t really showed anything in particular yet. There’s no reason to use him as a tool to shit on Ten Hag.

GazTheLegend

Great man and great manager. Taught big Ange a lesson yesterday.

Have a sneaking suspicion they'll do City at the weekend too. One of those gut feelings... they're one of the few teams in the league that I think can compete in the middle of the park with the Stockport dopers and that's huge.

ForFuchsSake

I can’t understand this narrative. It’s not a foregone conclusion at all.

He’s probably underperformed given expectations so far, whether we wax lyrical about their Xg or not. He’s not the messiah and it’s very difficult to succeed at Chelsea in the long-term whoever you are as manager - probably a similarity with United.

I’m 99% sure we would be saying the same if the roles were switched. United is a highly toxic environment that brings extra players and a glut of players notorious for down-tooling. No guarantee whatsoever that Poch would succeed there.

always_hoping

I mean he hasn’t really showed anything in particular yet. There’s no reason to use him as a tool to shit on Ten Hag.
Yes showed next to nothing with Chelsea thus far matter of fact this time last season after 11 games Chelsea was 4th with 21 points. With Amadeus taking a rest it looks like that chap you replied too might be another Poch fan boy.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
Yes showed next to nothing with Chelsea thus far matter of fact this time last season after 11 games Chelsea was 4th with 21 points. With Amadeus taking a rest it looks like that chap you replied too might be another Poch fan boy.
Next to nothing? Forget the stats - we've gone from being a legitimate relegation form team, second best in every match to being the better team in every match this season. That alone is huge for us. We were better than Liverpool, Arsenal, and Brighton and Tottenham lost their heads as we were in a period of ascendancy. He hasn't been perfect and there's still a ton of work to do but make no mistake, he's been impressive.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Next to nothing? Forget the stats - we've gone from being a legitimate relegation form team, second best in every match to being the better team in every match this season. That alone is huge for us. We were better than Liverpool, Arsenal, and Brighton and Tottenham lost their heads as we were in a period of ascendancy. He hasn't been perfect and there's still a ton of work to do but make no mistake, he's been impressive.
:lol:

ti vu

:lol:

I wish you guys luck taking points off Man City, Newcastle, Brighton next and continue your period of ascendancy.