Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The only reason he’s still in the role is because Conte hasn’t finished his season with Spurs yet.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They're probably going to sack Leonardo and keep Pochettino unless Zidane comes available. You can't imagine them going for a 'lesser' name at the moment, its too damaging for their brand
Why would that be damaging? Pochettino isn't a particularly big name, nor were Blanc, Emery or Tuchel. The only actual big name that they hired was Ancelotti, the others are similar to the likes of Lopetegui or in the case of Tuchel an upcoming manager.

crossy1686

career ending
Why would that be damaging? Pochettino isn't a particularly big name, nor were Blanc, Emery or Tuchel. The only actual big name that they hired was Ancelotti, the others are similar to the likes of Lopetegui or in the case of Tuchel an upcoming manager.
I think with the increasing age of Messi, Neymar and the attempt to keep Mbappe, they need a big name strong manager. If they appoint a Lopetegui or a Emery it's not going to sit well with the players who think they're entitled to a CL.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think with the increasing age of Messi, Neymar and the attempt to keep Mbappe, they need a big name strong manager. If they appoint a Lopetegui or a Emery it's not going to sit well with the players who think they're entitled to a CL.
I don't really follow you, the post I responded to suggested that PSG would pick a manager based on their brand which hasn't been the case in the last 10 years. Now you talk about them needing a strong manager based on the strange idea that the players think that they are entitled to a CL(where does that even comes from?).

We have no references of such things whether you look at PSG during the past decade or if you look at the players you mentioned in their previous seasons/clubs.

PSG aren't different to every other clubs, they want a good coach that works well with their team. They don't really do things differently and their players aren't different to players from other clubs.

vlad93

I would still rank Pocketino higher in rank than David Moyes. His reputation lets him pocket a few quid

Corridor of Uncertainty

For me, Tier I is limited to Pep, Klopp, Conte and Tuchel ( latter 2 at a stretch)
Tier II would have Poch, ETH, Enrique, Ancelloti, Nagelsmann, Flick, etc.
That list is a wreck.

Conte, who has repeatedly failed in Europe, ahead of Ancelotti? And Flick?

Poch and Nagelsmann on the same level as Enrique, Carlo and Flick too? :lol:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That list is a wreck.

Conte, who has repeatedly failed in Europe, ahead of Ancelotti? And Flick?

Poch and Nagelsmann on the same level as Enrique, Carlo and Flick too? :lol:
Literally said latter two will be in tier 1 at a stretch.

And Enrique and Flick are currently managing international teams, you can't put them as high as they would be if they were managing club sides

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This thread has gone a bit off topic, maybe someone needs to make a manager tier list?

allen7

For me, Tier I is limited to Pep, Klopp, Conte and Tuchel ( latter 2 at a stretch)
Tier II would have Poch, ETH, Enrique, Ancelloti, Nagelsmann, Flick, etc.
I’d remove conte and tuchel from tier 1 and add Carlo there.

Both conte and tuchel did nothing to be considered on same level as Pep Klopp. Yes tuchel did win CL but sorry no disrespect, chelsea has that odd chance of winning CL with a new manager bounce like 2012 and the quality of game was bad during covid season .I think Tuchel & Conte should be assessed by a full season in this league.

Tier 1 : Pep, Klopp, Carlo
Tier 2 : Allegri, ETH, Tuchel, Enrique, Naglesmann, Flick and etc,..

Flexdegea

hopefully psg get them next season again and we can see how that turns out. Pretty sure the players will be more aware of not doing ridiculous error. What Real Madrid is doing is an anomaly. Several times coming back from losing in the span of a few minutes. Ancellotti has much more experience than Pochettino, but to say he is a better manager at the moment after seeing the two teams meet in the champions league? No I wouldn’t say that. If it wasn’t for the anomalous event, ancellotti would have been sacked and Real Madrid would be trying to get Pochettino from psg. That is how football goes. If you have luck, instill good work ethic in your team and have talent and good tactical understanding, you will go far.

Unfortunately for Pochettino he didn’t have the luck and couldn’t have the work ethic. with the former, they missed so many chances in the first leg and second, they should have killed the game off. But, they didn’t. Messi missing penalties and Neymar and Mbappe not being clinical showcased the bad luck Pochettino had in that game. With the later, it is impossible to have high work ethic with a front three of Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. And that is due to poor acquistion by psg and their board. They think football is like fifa, but in reality it is not. You need a balance team and the one I presented is much more balanced then what psg has. I should take Leonardo jobs instead and help them understand what a balanced, well functional team looks like.

This is getting pathetic at this stage :lol:

Mind destroyed reading that part. Poch not fit to lace Anoletti boots fs

Halftrack

This is getting pathetic at this stage :lol:

Mind destroyed reading that part. Poch not fit to lace Anoletti boots fs
Amazing how one tie makes up for an entire season of shit-on-a-stick football. That one tie is solely down to the brilliance of Poch, while all the garbage is the players' fault.

Flexdegea

Amazing how one tie makes up for an entire season of shit-on-a-stick football. That one tie is solely down to the brilliance of Poch, while all the garbage is the players' fault.

It's a troll that been funny but just outlived its use now

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
It's the managers job to balance the team, not the DoF (though he has to provide a reasonable squad, I give you that).

If Poch can't get those three players to work hard enough that's not good.
If he doesn't have the balls to drop at least one of them that's bad.
If he is forced to not drop them and still took the job he's stupid.
True it is the manager job to balance the team, but circumstances are different when the owners pay big money on star players and they want these star players always playing. The manager don't have as much control on the team he wants at PSG. It is quite obvious that that is done by Leonardo. Unless poch wants to create a toxic environment with the owners and the players than he would do exactly what you stated.
:lol: :lol: to the bolded part!

Dear oh dear, you have the audacity to claim other people don't have 'experience in watching football' only to then claim that Poch is a better manager than Ancelotti!

Real must have some luck for it to happen repeatedly, maybe that luck is down to belief instilled in them by the manager? Maybe it's down to fitness and desire? Unlike PSG who have had it happen to them repeatedly.
Man, you are obsessed with me, but it is ok. If you don't think luck was involved in such anomalous, then this argument isn't going anywhere. An exceptional manager from the inception wants to control the game and restrict the limitations of the opposition. That is what poch did and they were in control of the whole tie, until the span of 15 minutes, where donammura made a mistake and a ball fortunately fell to the feet of benezema after a poor clearance by Marquinhos. Those circumstances could have easily change the event of the tie and all the brilliant tactical performances by psg was outdone because of those errors and the bad luck towards finishing chances.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
True it is the manager job to balance the team, but circumstances are different when the owners pay big money on star players and they want these star players always playing. The manager don't have as much control on the team he wants at PSG. It is quite obvious that that is done by Leonardo. Unless poch wants to create a toxic environment with the owners and the players than he would do exactly what you stated.

Man, you are obsessed with me, but it is ok. If you don't think luck was involved in such anomalous, then this argument isn't going anywhere. An exceptional manager from the inception wants to control the game and restrict the limitations of the opposition. That is what poch did and they were in control of the whole tie, until the span of 15 minutes, where donammura made a mistake and a ball fortunately fell to the feet of benezema after a poor clearance by Marquinhos. Those circumstances could have easily change the event of the tie and all the brilliant tactical performances by psg was outdone because of those errors and the bad luck towards finishing chances.
Yup. Real are in the final because they are lucky.
Nowt to do with the manager, players, cohesion or coaching.

Good to know :lol: :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Napoli and Juventus also sacked him.

You can't put him alongside Pep and Klopp when so many clubs weren't satisfied with him and thought they could do better.
I don't think Ancelotti is tier 1 but he's far ahead of Klopp in the managerial all time list.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The state of Messi these days.

Dosen't take free kicks or pens seemingly and just on periphery of the action. Not sure if that's Poch fault or just Messi can't be bothered now they're out of CL.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Marquinhos after the match: “We don't play much now, we are champions. We play for fun and we try to win to end the week quietly."

Damning from his captain.

Champ

Just had a look, looks like Tuchel and Emery have far superior win percentages than Poch now,

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

People will soon be saying poché ball. Another brilliant performance. I was thinking that Messi was the problem before, but now it is clear that the problem is the combination of having neymar, mbappe and Messi together on the pitch as noted before by me. Whereas the other taught it was balance :lol:. Mbappe should always play out left. Neymar disrupt that. Whereas even though Messi lacks work ethic, with a good work horse similiar to di Maria, there was a better balance to the team. Moreover, psg need more Ramos in defense. Their defense looks 10x better when he plays instead of Kimpembe. If poch has a say in the market and is not forced to play those 3 and ramos can stay fit among other key players, I am sure he will get them far in the champion league again next season and perhaps even win it. I can be quoted on that.

This summer
Donammura/Navas
Hakimi/kehrer - Marquinhos/Kimbemepe - Ramos/guvardiol - Mendes/benat
Parades/diallo
Verratti/gueye - Florian Witz/Wiljinaldum
------- Messi/Edrick
Dembele/Di Maria ------- Mbappe/neymar

*form changes if mbappe leaves e.g. poch will look to want to replace the speed lost with him with another fast player
* poch needs to treat neymar the same way real Madrid is treating hazard and Bale but with better emotional intelligence
*Messi and with alternate between the false 9 position.
* icardi will stay as they need an out and out no.9. Else, if he leaves they will need to find someone else
* just as Pochettino revolutionized many things when he was in the premier league, he is revolutionizing the way cb plays by have Marquinhos and ramos playing a novel striking role and on occasion pushing them forward to play as a striker

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
There's already a word for that, it's called "Oleball with Mbappe".

big rons sovereign

People will soon be saying poché ball. Another brilliant performance. I was thinking that Messi was the problem before, but now it is clear that the problem is the combination of having neymar, mbappe and Messi together on the pitch as noted before by me. Whereas the other taught it was balance :lol:. Mbappe should always play out left. Neymar disrupt that. Whereas even though Messi lacks work ethic, with a good work horse similiar to di Maria, there was a better balance to the team. Moreover, psg need more Ramos in defense. Their defense looks 10x better when he plays instead of Kimpembe. If poch has a say in the market and is not forced to play those 3 and ramos can stay fit among other key players, I am sure he will get them far in the champion league again next season and perhaps even win it. I can be quoted on that.

This summer
Donammura/Navas
Parades/diallo
------- Messi/Edrick

*form changes if mbappe leaves e.g. poch will look to want to replace the speed lost with him with another fast player
* poch needs to treat neymar the same way real Madrid is treating hazard and Bale but with better emotional intelligence
* icardi will stay as they need an out and out no.9. Else, if he leaves they will need to find someone else
* just as Pochettino revolutionized many things when he was in the premier league, he is revolutionizing the way cb plays by have Marquinhos and ramos playing a novel striking role and on occasion pushing them forward to play as a striker
Are you the crazy Buddhism guy in disguise?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Poch Ball sounds suspiciously like an STD.

Champ

This summer
Donammura/Navas
Parades/diallo
------- Messi/Edrick

Lower win percentage than Emery and Tuchel.

More goals conceded per game than in the last decade (he's certainly revolutionised the CBs, they don't defend :lol: )

Poch has even stated himself that this season is a failure.

Reports in France still claiming he'll be sacked,

But yeah, Poch ball and all that!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i can remember it like it was yesterday. the bleeps of the life support system. the gentle sobs of my grandma. we were all there to say goodbye. the doctor, eyes dripping with sympathy leant across and said “if you’d permit me, there is something i’d like to try.” in unison we consented. he began to lean over the prone body of my grandfather and whispered “if you go now, you’ll miss poch ball.”

his eyes shot open. the life support system exploded. the heavens sang. he began to rise in bed, miraculously pivoting upright from his heels, arms outstretched. his white covers fell from him as he rose “is this jesus?” i thought to myself before realising it wouldn’t be very christ like to have not checked whether or not his hospital gown was covering his genitals.

we’re all sceptics until we find our faith. all hail poch ball. i hope the world is ready.

Chairman Steve

It appears one of the first things Mbappe has done once Qatar gave him the keys to the kingdom is purge the Pochmeister.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I assume big changes at PSG in the summer. Poch and Leonardo will go.

They need a creative midfielder, another striker, a centre back and a manager that can control all the egos.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I assume big changes at PSG in the summer. Poch and Leonardo will go.

They need a creative midfielder, another striker, a centre back and a manager that can control all the egos.
Pogba, Martial and Maguire and Ole

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Between Mbappe renewing and the metldown it's caused, and the confirmation that both Leonardo and Poch are out, this has been a very good, enjoyable day.

Now I'm just waiting for the moment they feck it up by hiring the wrong person and recruiting the wrong players, but at least I have today.

L1nk

Between Mbappe renewing and the metldown it's caused, and the confirmation that both Leonardo and Poch are out, this has been a very good, enjoyable day.

Now I'm just waiting for the moment they feck it up by hiring the wrong person and recruiting the wrong players, but at least I have today.
You’d have been much better off as a club putting your faith in Pochettino for the long haul and build a club with younger players who aren’t all mercenaries like nearly everyone that plays for that club is. Mbappe is obviously an incredible player but what you’ve given him, money wise and the ridiculous amount of player power is ridiculous and I can’t believe its being celebrated so much. Bizarre quite frankly

Vapor trail

Disagree if the quotes that have been defined in the media are true, PSG will have a player power issue that will undermine the club's success long term. Its comical almost, what decent manager goes there intending to make a difference if they can't gain the respect of the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.