Pochettino sacked by Spurs

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Did he write "can't to say" or I'm reading wrong ? Is that even possible in grammar ?
No its wrong, he's not a native speaker. I imagine the infinitive in Spanish is a single word which is used after words like can so he's probably mistranslated it.

el3mel

No its wrong, he's not a native speaker. I imagine the infinitive in Spanish is a single word which is used after words like can so he's probably mistranslated it.
It's kinda weird he has been in England for more than 6 years and he still did such a simple mistake that it's obvious just by saying it that it doesn't make sense in language, but hey, we had Valencia who stayed for plus 10 years and still couldn't speak English at all to start with. :nervous:

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's kinda weird he has been in England for more 6 years and he still did such a simple mistake that it's obvious just by saying it that it doesn't make sense in language, but hey, we had Valencia who stayed for plus 10 years and still couldn't speak English at all to start with. :nervous:
Made;)

el3mel

'for more 6 years' doesn't make sense either.
Meant "more than", but forgot to add "than". I have these mistakes from time to time unfortunately when I forget a word while typing quickly.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I doubt anyone was thinking Moyes was doing a terrible job at Everton back then. He even brought them to a top 4 finish at one point (though they got knocked out in qualification matches). The last time before that to finish top 4 for them was in 1988.

So if Levy brought him for the sole reasons of winning titles why didn't he sack him at any point of these previous 5 years when he didn't deliver them?
Because he signed a long term contract last year with the view to push forward and actually win the league, which looks unlikely this year.
The form they have shown over the last 20 plus games is alarming, almost relegation form, Oles form is better, but of course despite Poch being 5 years into building a team that doesn't matter.

Green_Red

It's kinda weird he has been in England for more than 6 years and he still did such a simple mistake that it's obvious just by saying it that it doesn't make sense in language, but hey, we had Valencia who stayed for plus 10 years and still couldn't speak English at all to start with. :nervous:
Poch, is that you?

I make such beautiful feelings on watching your team make football.

Halftrack

Did he write "can't to say" or I'm reading wrong ? Is that even possible in grammar ?
Looks like he just forgot a word, happens to me all the time when I'm thinking too far ahead while writing. Think he meant to write "we can't stay to say goodbye." Happens to the best of us.

el3mel

Looks like he just forgot a word, happens to me all the time when I'm thinking too far ahead while writing. Think he meant to write "we can't stay to say goodbye." Happens to the best of us.
Yeah that looks like it that you said it. As I said above it happens to me more often than not so I can understand it if that is the case. Most of these mistakes wouldn't have happened for me if I just re-read my posts before hitting the "post replay" button though I barely do. I usually recorrect them if I notice them later on.

Fussball13251

Hadn't won anything and results were getting worse. But now José Mourinho... Kane, Son, Eriksen, etc. He will win the league with Spurs.

tomaldinho1

Ole outwitted Potter hands down whereas Poch's pressing game did not work. I do not think that much of Poch's Spurs, not a patch on Mourinho.

Different styles suit different opposition. Poch is rigid and unsophisticated. When the pressing does not work?
I think you're living in a dream world of revisionism, probably best to leave it here as I can't see this being productive. By that horrendous logic Ole is also better than Pep because we beat Norwich?

Perseus

I think you're living in a dream world of revisionism, probably best to leave it here as I can't see this being productive. By that horrendous logic Ole is also better than Pep because we beat Norwich?
I never said Ole was better, just giving him credit for getting it right against Brighton. I sort of implied that Poch's pressing game is not all that it was cracked up to be.

I can correlate when Spurs got good in the second half of 2014-15 under Poch with mostly inherited expensive players.

Last edited:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think Poch is premiere proven and his cycle with Spurs was over. He's more proven than Ole, but I don't think he'll work miracles here either. What he did with Spurs until this season was very good. But I honestly don't think he want's to come here if he's expected to deliver top 4 without spending big in transfers. Our Squad is still completely dire. After 900 mil since 2013.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I think Poch is premiere proven and his cycle with Spurs was over. He's more proven than Ole, but I don't think he'll work miracles here either. What he did with Spurs until this season was very good. But I honestly don't think he want's to come here if he's expected to deliver top 4 without spending big in transfers. Our Squad is still completely dire. After 900 mil since 2013.
Our big problem is not having a complete forward to provide us self-sufficiency goals and link-up and we lack an imposing midfielder to boost the team. You don't need to have 11 super players to build a title winning competing team.
I do think our players are quality if our squad was more balanced mainly in the midfield and at least an outstanding player upfront. Our defense while not world class it can become reliable if they are provided decent cover from the midfield.

LVGSdive

Define a better job? I think he has a better chance of winning something, that’s just statistics. Do I think he is long term? Probably not.
I would say a combination of:
Finishing higher in the table
Improving individual players
Winning trophies (League Cup/FA Cup)
Signing players that improve the team/squad
Getting rid of players on the decline
The obvious of scoring more/conceding less
Making good subs at the right time (he has done this yesterday with Dier)

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I would say a combination of:
Finishing higher in the table
Improving individual players
Winning trophies (League Cup/FA Cup)
Signing players that improve the team/squad
Getting rid of players on the decline
The obvious of scoring more/conceding less
Making good subs at the right time (he has done this yesterday with Dier)
A lot of that will be down to Levy to be fair, he is off to a good start and long may it continue.

DoomSlayer

Its worse than ever. After 6 years of transition and rebuilding.
I swear this would not be allow in any other club or any other business, regardless of what industry we are talking about.

Don't understand how the Glazers have not fired Woodward or how the fans still go against the managers, instead of the guy ultimately responsible for this mess. He should be made to pay back all this wasted money out of his pocket for the rest of his life.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I swear this would not be allow in any other club or any other business, regardless of what industry we are talking about.

Don't understand how the Glazers have not fired Woodward or how the fans still go against the managers, instead of the guy ultimately responsible for this mess. He should be made to pay back all this wasted money out of his pocket for the rest of his life.
On the first point: He's proved to be a very good commercial manager. The Glazers are ultimately responsible for not appointing a DOF, but hardly surprising as they are geographically and culturally so far removed from Utd and football, they probably though it was the right appointment. After all he makes money!

The second is hilarious! If only he had 100s of millions to pay back. If only all the owners who have bled clubs were forced to pay it back eh? :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
On the first point: He's proved to be a very good commercial manager. The Glazers are ultimately responsible for not appointing a DOF, but hardly surprising as they are geographically and culturally so far removed from Utd and football, they probably though it was the right appointment. After all he makes money!

The second is hilarious! If only he had 100s of millions to pay back. If only all the owners who have bled clubs were forced to pay it back eh? :lol:
Tbh im not sure how skilled ed is at making money. We have been the biggest brand in football in the world since the 90's.