Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Rangnick will surely have a strong say on the manager in the summer - and if we still pursue Poch as a first choice then the rubber stamp from Rangnick I hope should convince some fans to give Poch a proper chance.
In one of the posted videos Ragnick speaks about the managers motivation and application coming from the ability to transfer his philosophy of how to play, infact just have a clear idea of how to play football and Pochettino will be definitely in the mix.

Obviously it's not easy to inherit the lazy fecks up front like Messi, Neymar and Mbappe and think of them as even thinking of them as how to press. Not even mentioning other mercenaries. I think un United he will have a better team to work with. Very decent core in midfield. Fred, VdB, Bruno, and equally talented Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood to rotate, whoever is willing to carry out his instruction better will play. With other resources to spend and fill the team in.

Even Tuchel had a big issues to implement anything of note. It was clear to see, and we havebetter personell to work with. Ronaldo on his last year will become more of a fringe player too which might be the biggest "issue"

KingCavani

First Laurens is a hack, secondly you have no idea about what you are talking about, you used an article from September 2018, two months into Tuchel tenure at PSG and something like 5 league games where he didn't regularly use the players you are referring to in a front three. Mbappé and Tuchel had a very good relationship until the Demba Ba incident, that's the reason.
Yes Laurens who covers French football and is a PSG fans knows less about the issues at PSG than @JPRouve from Redcafe. :lol:

He doesn't have to be a good journalist - These criticisms were widespread under Tuchel's tenure. I'm aware that the Wilson article issue was early, it was to show that these issues are pre-existing and adding Messi to the mix has only made it worse.

KingCavani

Just answer this question, are Liverpool and Dortmund playing the same way under Klopp?
Strawman. I never said that. Garbage argument.

They use a similar profile of player and yes they do a lot of the same things out of possession. Energetic and technically proficient players that would swarm the opposition.

None of them were ever forced to carry passengers like they would have to at PSG.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes Laurens who covers French football and is a PSG fans knows less about the issues at PSG than @JPRouve from Redcafe. :lol:

He doesn't have to be a good journalist - These criticisms were widespread under Tuchel's tenure. I'm aware that the Wilson article issue was early, it was to show that these issues are pre-existing and adding Messi to the mix has only made it worse.
Laurens is a journalist that talks nonsense all the time, it doesn't make him more insightful on what everyone can see with a pair of eyes. And I'm not taking seriously anyone that first use the first 5 games of a manager as an example of not having a style, I take that person even less seriously when it doesn't know the players that were actually used or the systems used and finally one has to be an absolute lunatic to suggest that Neymar and Di Maria don't or won't press. Just for fun since you used Klopp and Liverpool as an example.

https://fbref.com/en/players/c691bfe2/Sadio-Mane
https://fbref.com/en/players/e342ad68/Mohamed-Salah

https://fbref.com/en/players/19cda00b/Angel-Di-Maria
https://fbref.com/en/players/69384e5d/Neymar

Journalists like certain pundits talk absolute nonsense to the point where you could swear that they don't actually watch football.

JPRouve

Scout
Strawman. I never said that. Garbage argument.

They use a similar profile of player and yes they do a lot of the same things out of possession. Energetic and technically proficient players that would swarm the opposition.

None of them were ever forced to carry passengers like they would have to at PSG.
So Liverpool and Dortmund play the same way and Klopp used the same type of players? If that's what you think fair enough.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Laurens is a journalist that talks nonsense all the time, it doesn't make him more insightful on what everyone can see with a pair of eyes. And I'm not taking seriously anyone that first use the first 5 games of a manager as an example of not having a style, I take that person even less seriously when it doesn't know the players that were actually used or the systems used and finally one has to be an absolute lunatic to suggest that Neymar and Di Maria don't or won't press. Just for fun since you used Klopp and Liverpool as an example.

Journalists like certain pundits talk absolute nonsense to the point where you could swear that they don't actually watch football.
That's why the issue is far more complicated than "ego, stars, lazy blabla", even without Messi. Neymar and Di Maria did their share of the efforts needed (people try to stick this image of Neymar being lazy when he has in fact a decent defensive workrate, especially since the beginning ot the season) but the pressing is rarely coordinated. It's a TEAM issue. And one of the reason comes from the fact that most of our midfielder are so insecure with the ball that they drop far too low to escape the pressure in the dense midfield area, so when we lose the ball, they're too far to counterpress efficiently. It's pretty obvious when you watch at the few games when Gueye or Herrera felt more confident on offense, it allowed us to defend better at the same time.

JPRouve

Scout
That's why the issue is far more complicated than "ego, stars, lazy blabla", even without Messi. Neymar and Di Maria did their share of the efforts needed (people try to stick this image of Neymar being lazy when he has in fact a decent defensive workrate, especially since the beginning ot the season) but the pressing is rarely coordinated. It's a TEAM issue. And one of the reason comes from the fact that most of our midfielder are so insecure with the ball that they drop far too low, so when we lose the ball, they're too far to counterpress efficiently. It's pretty obvious when you watch at the few games when Gueye or Herrera felt more confident on offense, it allowed us to defend better at the same time.
Yeah, the only time Neymar workrate was actually in question was during his first season under Emery and from memory after being criticized heavily for a few weeks, he went back to his Barcelona ways.

KingCavani

Alright @JPRouve from Redcafe it was just Laurens I'm sure...Let's see what the PSG fans had to say. They may have watched PSG as much as @JPRouve from Redcafe.

Honestly I really like Tuchel and found he did good work here. But we were disgusting to watch at the end, our team had no play style, was so one dimensional. It didn’t look like we were going anywhere.

N O P L A Y S T Y L E

I seriously don't understand how people can say Tuchel was great for us. Yes, we had an unbalanced squad and that isn't Tuchel's fault but Poch doesn't have a balanced squad nor the players of his choice and we still did great against Barca & Bayern.

Unbalanced squad. Sounds familiar.

We were playing like shit and it was getting worse under him. It's not all his fault as our squad is mediocre except for a few players.

We would never have beaten Barca and especially not Bayern with Tuchel.

Just fecking stop with the "he reached the final". Yes he did, by having to play a free falling Atletico, Porto (so literally a bye in the quarter) and then a super tired Real. We had to go through Barca, Bayern and City, literally the top 3 highest rated teams. We managed to beat 2 already. What else do you want?

Under Tuchel, we got incredibly lucky to even get out the fecking group. We were one non-existent penalty away to play the Europa League. Holy shit people, can you not think critically?

Also, this Chelsea team is stacked and much more balanced than ours. They spent 200m last summer after all.

Tuchel is a good coach but it wasn't working at PSG anymore. Do you guys not remember the post match thread after every game?

I don't remember the match threads but by the sounds of it they don't sound good.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could literally do this all day - That's three comments from one thread that was supposed to be positive about Tuchel. PSG fans were completely done with Tuchel almost like we were done with Ole, with a lot of the same criticisms. I never said he didn't adapt to those players at all - I said they caused a lot of the same problems. I never said Neymar and Di Maria (who I never mentioned wtf) didn't press but Neymar doesn't defend as part of a collective, he pretty much does his own thing. He changed PSG into a more pragmatic, almost Mourinho style team. It was actually the likes of Di Maria that allowed it be effective. He did not impose his philosophy whatsoever. Tuchel has since came out and said that it's been much easier to manage Chelsea and that they're more receptive to his ideas. If you think these issues didn't plague him then you're not living in reality.

Last edited:

BorisManUtd

Think sooner or later PSG are getting Zidane. May happen in during this season or in the summer, but probably is going to happen, as I don't think they're winning Champions League and if they don't, Poch's job is on the line. So we may get Pochettino for free in 6 months, if we're still in for him then.

JPRouve

Scout
Alright @JPRouve from Redcafe it was just Laurens I'm sure...Let's see what the PSG fans had to say. They may have watched PSG as much as @JPRouve from Redcafe.

Honestly I really like Tuchel and found he did good work here. But we were disgusting to watch at the end, our team had no play style, was so one dimensional. It didn’t look like we were going anywhere.

N O P L A Y S T Y L E

I seriously don't understand how people can say Tuchel was great for us. Yes, we had an unbalanced squad and that isn't Tuchel's fault but Poch doesn't have a balanced squad nor the players of his choice and we still did great against Barca & Bayern.

We were playing like shit and it was getting worse under him. It's not all his fault as our squad is mediocre except for a few players.

Just fecking stop with the "he reached the final". Yes he did, by having to play a free falling Atletico, Porto (so literally a bye in the quarter) and then a super tired Real. We had to go through Barca, Bayern and City, literally the top 3 highest rated teams. We managed to beat 2 already. What else do you want?

Under Tuchel, we got incredibly lucky to even get out the fecking group. We were one non-existent penalty away to play the Europa League. Holy shit people, can you not think critically?

Also, this Chelsea team is stacked and much more balanced than ours. They spent 200m last summer after all.

Tuchel is a good coach but it wasn't working at PSG anymore. Do you guys not remember the post match thread after every game?

I don't remember the match threads but by the sounds of it they don't sound good.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could literally do this all day - That's three comments from one thread that was supposed to be positive about Tuchel. PSG fans were completely done with Tuchel almost like we were done with Ole, with a lot of the same criticisms. I never said he didn't adapt to those players at all - I said they caused a lot of the same problems. I never said Neymar and Di Maria (who I never mentioned wtf) didn't press but that they don't defend collectively. He changed PSG into a more pragmatic, almost Mourinho style team. It was actually the likes of Di Maria that allowed it be effective. He did not impose his philosophy whatsoever. Tuchel has since came out and said that it's been much easier to manage Chelsea and that they're more receptive to his ideas. If you think these issues didn't plague him then you're not living in reality.
Yes, PSG had an unbalanced squad and Tuchel was pragmatic and would change things all the time, he would consistently find solutions that would see them win and PSG would play the way he decided. Tuchel did things differently with Dortmund, PSG and now Chelsea he adapted to his teams everywhere and one thing that can be said about him at Dortmund and PSG was that he would tinker too much which I already mentioned many times.

The entire problem here is that for some reason you think that managers only have one way of doing things, you think that Tuchel can be tactically put in a box when he isn't dogmatic, you also seem to think that Klopp is doing the same thing with Liverpool than he did with Dortmund which is frankly suspect.

And for some reason you think that because I'm posting on redcafe my take is the worst than someone posting on reddit, on that note there is no point for us to continue that conversation. You seemingly based your opinions on other random people takes.

Tony247

Seems like we are waiting it out for Pochettino, which is great news. Ralf ragnick will help our United players get use to the intense high pressing game poch was known to modernize in the premier league before he takes charge in the summer.

Even though lots of pundit are defending Pochettino and even saying he should leave psg now, I find it admirable that Pochettino wants to stay and see if he can somehow make things work when you have only 7 players defending. That would be an impossible feat. I remember when a lot of fans on here kept saying that how can a manager struggle with having a front three of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe. Seems like it was another amadaeus moment as they underestimated the value of hardwork Over individual brilliance.
This post makes no sense.

Lyng

N O P L A Y S T Y L E

I could literally do this all day - That's three comments from one thread that was supposed to be positive about Tuchel. PSG fans were completely done with Tuchel almost like we were done with Ole, with a lot of the same criticisms. I never said he didn't adapt to those players at all - I said they caused a lot of the same problems. I never said Neymar and Di Maria (who I never mentioned wtf) didn't press but Neymar doesn't defend as part of a collective, he pretty much does his own thing. He changed PSG into a more pragmatic, almost Mourinho style team. It was actually the likes of Di Maria that allowed it be effective. He did not impose his philosophy whatsoever. Tuchel has since came out and said that it's been much easier to manage Chelsea and that they're more receptive to his ideas. If you think these issues didn't plague him then you're not living in reality.

There where equals amount of comments on that thread who said the opposite.
We get it, you love Poch and thats fair enough.
But stop trying to act like having serious doubts about him is objectively wrong.

KingCavani

Yes, PSG had an unbalanced squad and Tuchel was pragmatic and would change things all the time, he would consistently find solutions that would see them win and PSG would play the way he decided. Tuchel did things differently with Dortmund, PSG and now Chelsea he adapted to his teams everywhere and one thing that can be said about him at Dortmund and PSG was that he would tinker too much which I already mentioned many times.

The entire problem here is that for some reason you think that managers only have one way of doing things, you think that Tuchel can be tactically put in a box when he isn't dogmatic, you also seem to think that Klopp is doing the same thing with Liverpool than he did with Dortmund which is frankly suspect.

And for some reason you think that because I'm posting on redcafe my take is the worst than someone posting on reddit, on that note there is no point for us to continue that conversation. You seemingly based your opinions on other random people takes.
What is happening? This whole thing started with you saying Pochettino couldn't replicate his Spurs style at PSG and now I’m the one saying there’s only one way?

I don’t think they have one way of doings. I never said that. They have a favoured way of doing things - Something you obviously know because you started this out by mentioning Poch can't replicate that at PSG. Tuchel's PSG was efficient but if was nothing close to what Tuchel would have wanted, something he has said himself and something that is evident with literally every other Tuchel side.

You are the absolute king of the strawman. You’ve spent about an hour here attacking things I never said - literally never said a thing that you just attributed to me in that. I said Klopp/Pep favour "technically proficient hard working players" - Every player you listed fits the bill. I never said the teams were the same. I know the difference between Lewandowski and Firmino, between Salah and Blaszczykowski - They're not the same players but they all fit a bill that works perfectly with what Klopp wants to do.

I know coaches adapt to their players. Pochettino is doing the same and clearly having as miserable a time as Tuchel was having. To hold the PSG system against either man, which is what you were doing, is ridiculous - They were/are both handcuffed by the exact same things.~

Well you wouldn't accept the opinion of journalists, you wont accept my opinion so I'm not surprised you wouldn't accept the opinion of people following the team every week. Your knowledge of Tuchel's PSG is truly unrivalled.

KingCavani

There where equals amount of comments on that thread who said the opposite.
We get it, you love Poch and thats fair enough.
But stop trying to act like having serious doubts about him is objectively wrong.
They did not say the opposite. No one was saying they had a coherent play style or that Tuchel's ideas were reflected in the performances.

Some defended him and I'd defend him. I think he did a great job at PSG while being severely handcuffed. If you think I'm criticising Tuchel then you're missing my point entirely.

JPRouve

Scout
What is happening? This whole thing started with you saying Pochettino couldn't replicate his Spurs style at PSG and now I’m the one saying there’s only one way?

I don’t think they have one way of doings. I never said that. They have a favoured way of doing things - Something you obviously know because you started this out by mentioning Poch can't replicate that at PSG. Tuchel's PSG was efficient but if was nothing close to what Tuchel would have wanted, something he has said himself and something that is evident with literally every other Tuchel side.

You are the absolute king of the strawman. You’ve spent about an hour here attacking things I never said - literally never said a thing that you just attributed to me in that. I said Klopp/Pep favour "technically proficient hard working players" - Every player you listed fits the bill. I never said the teams were the same. I know the difference between Lewandowski and Firmino, between Salah and Blaszczykowski - They're not the same players but they all fit a bill that works perfectly with what Klopp wants to do.

I know coaches adapt to their players. Pochettino is doing the same and clearly having as miserable a time as Tuchel was having. To hold the PSG system against either man, which is what you were doing, is ridiculous - They were/are both handcuffed by the exact same things.~

Well you wouldn't accept the opinion of journalists, you wont accept my opinion so I'm not surprised you wouldn't accept the opinion of people following the team every week. Your knowledge of Tuchel's PSG is truly unrivalled.
That's not what I said, I said that the Tottenham people are referring to is 5 years old(16/17) and that Pochettino seemingly couldn't replicate it with a slightly different group at Tottenham, I didn't mention PSG. And I'm not accepting the opinion of a journalist that is judging a manager in early september of his first season and can't even see that the front three he is talking about wasn't really a thing during the month of August of the same season.

I'm frankly amazed that you even shared that article.

Someone

Something
Hard to judge him at PSG. Tuchel wasn't good enough for them and look what he's doing with Chelsea. The PSG model seems to focus on making the club look glamorous and as big as any top club, rather than being efficient. They'd rather allow Mbappe to walk on a free than sell him to Madrid, on the other hand Madrid sold us Varane and Di Maria happily because they don't have an inferiority complex and would pretty much rather use the money to strengthen their team.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I mean if you're looking for him to replicate that 2018 style with that attacking trio then you either no nothing about how Spurs played or how that attacking trio play. You say since 17/18 like he wasn't playing that way for nearly 10 years across multiple clubs.

They had literally the exact same issues under Tuchel but they hadn't quite been exacerbated with accommodating Messi on top of everything else. Here is an article by Jonathan Wilson after they played at Anfield - It's exactly the same critcisms being levelled at Poch:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/19/psg-liverpool-thomas-tuchel-football

"Leaving three forwards high up the pitch to float about and occasionally pull off a trick may be enough in Ligue 1 – given PSG have begun the season with five successive wins and have scored at least three goals in every game, it demonstrably is – but it is no way to play against proper opposition."

"Is Thomas Tuchel happy with this? This, after all, is a man who grew up in the hard-pressing world of the Bundesliga. He was regarded as the new Jürgen Klopp, a manager forged at a similar school. He is somebody who dined with Pep Guardiola after his Dortmund side had lost 5-1 against Bayern, whose love of the theory of juego de posición outweighed the sting of defeat. There can be no version of that conception of the game that features three men standing 50 yards upfield from their midfield, barely raising a jog as a defender surges past them again. PSG football is not Tuchel football; it may not even be football."

Identical to what is being levelled at PSG after Wednesday night. And that front three included Edinson Cavani who can and will run - this is before they added the single laziest player in world football into the mix. Poch isn't getting PSG to replicate that style because no manager alive could while being forced to placate those egos. They just wont do it and no one will tell them to because they know they're more valuable than any manager. Holding this against Pochettino is asinine - Do you not see why he wants to leave that club despite those brilliant players? Do you seriously not realise it's because of them?
How about with the Spurs team he had after then for a start?

KingCavani

How about with the Spurs team he had after then for a start?
They burned out. Pretty much exactly what happened Klopp’s Dortmund in 2014.

Unlike that Dortmund - It’s not like anyone has got anything out of that group of players since. Poch got all anyone was gonna get from them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is literally not what happened at all. He gave them organisation and made them a compact unit but they were as much relying on individual brilliance going forward as we were - just with much better players. Tuchel admitted that it was a struggle with the group he had and he fell out with Mbappe for a reason.

He was criticised throughout his entire tenure for not imposing an identity with the team, for not getting them to play like his Dortmund or Klopp's Liverpool. I feel like I'm in the upside down reading this.

PSG fan Julian Laurens:

Tuchel's biggest problem is that he never really managed to give his PSG team a genuine identity. The style of play this season was poor; PSG were never convincing, and there were no patterns or themes to their style of play.
Yeah I didn't watch tons of PSG but even under Tuchel they didn't seem to have a cohesive style of play. It seemed like more of what came before but with Neymar and Mbappe growing a tad as would be expected. Pochettino seems to have it harder as he has three superstar attackers who won't work hard for the team making it even harder to impose his style. Although I do think he has to be judged harshly for failing to win the league last year which was poor.

Caesar2290

N O P L A Y S T Y L E

Difference is that these comments are after 2 years. Notice how most mention the fact that towards the end they lost their playing style. I bet if offered, most of the same fans would take Tuchel back in an instant over Poch.

Poch on the other hand has been there for almost a year, and most of the PSG supporters want him out. Night and day really.
They burned out. Pretty much exactly what happened Klopp’s Dortmund in 2014.

Unlike that Dortmund - It’s not like anyone has got anything out of that group of players since. Poch got all anyone was gonna get from them.
Dortmund know they are a feeder club. The reason they are more competitive is that their owners don't have any major illusions. They know they have to sell players and reinvest to stay competitive.

Levy got greedy. He decided to hog all of his stars instead of selling them and reinvesting. Kane this summer is a classical example. Or not selling Delli Alli when he looked like the next Lampard are the moves that will cost Spurs dearly in the long term.

TBF after Michel left as DoF, Poch attempted to refresh the squad. Suffice to say most of his players ended up as flops. For that reason he also has to shoulder some of the blame of the current state that Spurs are in.

Yeah I didn't watch tons of PSG but even under Tuchel they didn't seem to have a cohesive style of play. It seemed like more of what came before but with Neymar and Mbappe growing a tad as would be expected. Pochettino seems to have it harder as he has three superstar attackers who won't work hard for the team making it even harder to impose his style. Although I do think he has to be judged harshly for failing to win the league last year which was poor.
Mate, Poch needed 1 point... 1 fecking point against Lorient and Nanntes(both relegation fodder) to clinch the title. He got 0. There is absolutely no excuse for this level of bottle job he did. And yet people think that he'll come to United and turn into a serial winner.

This reminds me of the time when our fans were deluding ourselves into thinking that Mourinho was going to turn into an attacking coach that will promote the youth once we hire him. All of this was based on his season at Real where they scored 100+ goals or something crazy like that. Suffice to say he turned to his old self when he got the job.

Why people think Poch will turn into this title challenging manager because he will get more money is beyond me. Ole and Sir Alex should both be a clear indication that money whilist important, isn't the final piece in winning stuff. The manager's mentality is.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The biggest difference between Tuchel and Poch for me is that Tuchel did have many moments where the team looked disjointed like Poch, but I guess he never baffled me with his decisions. One of the interesting things he did was turn Marquinhos into a DM when we were desperate for that position, and it worked out, but I've never seen him do something where I thought he was completely out of his depth, but maybe I'm forgetting things.

With Pochettino, I have had those moments a few times where I'm genuinely perplexed at whatever his tactics are supposed to be, the positioning of players, the huge gaps in midfield that seem to have no drills or trainings on how to hold a shape, and this is all pretty much a year into his tenure. I held back from any criticism of him last season because he came mid-way, you have a game every 3 days or so, very difficult to get any meaningful philosophy and tactics drilled during that time, but he deserves all the criticism he's getting this season because even if this is a team built with flaws, they should be far better than this in at least holding their shape.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
What if he (she?) is serious? What would you make of that?
Well, it's hard to say which is more alarming:

a) Being obsessed with a fairly ordinary (in the grand scheme of things) manager - or:

b) Wumming on what can only be described as an extraordinary level for years about the same subject.

If it's the latter, it's impressive as far as wumming goes (not least because many people are in genuine doubt over whether it is wumming or not). But on the other hand, you could say there's more reason to seek help for excessive/compulsive wumming than for obsessive hero worship (the latter is arguably less harmful in the long run).

JPRouve

Scout
The biggest difference between Tuchel and Poch for me is that Tuchel did have many moments where the team looked disjointed like Poch, but I guess he never baffled me with his decisions. One of the interesting things he did was turn Marquinhos into a DM when we were desperate for that position, and it worked out, but I've never seen him do something where I thought he was completely out of his depth, but maybe I'm forgetting things.

With Pochettino, I have had those moments a few times where I'm genuinely perplexed at whatever his tactics are supposed to be, the positioning of players, the huge gaps in midfield that seem to have no drills or trainings on how to hold a shape, and this is all pretty much a year into his tenure. I held back from any criticism of him last season because he came mid-way, you have a game every 3 days or so, very difficult to get any meaningful philosophy and tactics drilled during that time, but he deserves all the criticism he's getting this season because even if this is a team built with flaws, they should be far better than this in at least holding their shape.
They were generally disjointed when Verratti wasn't there especially during the first games/weeks of his absence and under Tuchel they often had less options. Tuchel would always look for and find a solution at some point, they didn't spend an entire year doing roughly the same thing. That's one of the reason I thought that he was a very good coach, you can rely on his ability to spot issues and actively fix them.

lsd

The Oracle

Poch arrived in January so to judge him harshly for not winning a league title in half a season with a disjointed team is ridiculous.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Another win and on record to break the most point tally of any psg managers. This is despite being hamstrung by having attackers that don’t defend and poor finishers. I am sure a lot of the Pochettino despiser are praying that he lose a game so he doesn’t break that record.

The game today, once again shows how poor some of the finishing is at Psg. I don’t know how you can create so many chances and have such poor finishers. You can take £100m of Mbappe price tag if he continues to show poor finishing ability because as a striker that is his main job.

criticalanalysis

Is Neymar's injury a blessing in disguise?

Will be interesting to see how he manages the team now. To those who are saying Poch hasn't grown as a manager or can find different tactical solutions (which I agree with to an extent), well now he been given a chance.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

N O P L A Y S T Y L E

Man I'm glad you're around to call out(I don't have the energy to go into back and forth with agenda driven posters) all these nonsense takes some posters want to perpetrate on these boards.

This idea that Tuchel was playing some free flowing football at PSG or the revisionism about Pochetino's real football (football outside of PSG) is disgusting to read.

Some people clearly have agendas, so they write a bunch of nonsense to support their claims.

Amadaeus

N O P L A Y S T Y L E

Overlooked this post, but you can see who the agenda driven poster are in this thread. A lot of the psg fan on this forum and Pochettino hater doesn’t even know what is really going on at that club.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Another win and on record to break the most point tally of any psg managers. This is despite being hamstrung by having attackers that don’t defend and poor finishers. I am sure a lot of the Pochettino despiser are praying that he lose a game so he doesn’t break that record.

The game today, once again shows how poor some of the finishing is at Psg. I don’t know how you can create so many chances and have such poor finishers. You can take £100m of Mbappe price tag if he continues to show poor finishing ability because as a striker that is his main job.
Mbappe's kept Pochettino in the job so far. Without him, this team isn't even first in Ligue 1, or gets to the semi-final of the CL last year. He's basically bailed Pochettino out from his terrible set ups and lack of tactical cohesion, and today it was Marquinhos. Another unconvincing win where it took a red card and two Marquinhos goals to beat the almighty 20th-placed St. Etienne.

Amadaeus

Mbappe's kept Pochettino in the job so far. Without him, this team isn't even first in Ligue 1, or gets to the semi-final of the CL last year. He's basically bailed Pochettino out from his terrible set ups and lack of tactical cohesion, and today it was Marquinhos. Another unconvincing win where it took a red card and two Marquinhos goals to beat the almighty 20th-placed St. Etienne.
:lol:. Nice bait. Mbappe has been poor this season. Mbappe is one of the reason why psg hasn't been smashing team because his finishing has been so poor. I employ you to watch the st Etienne game and tell me how many good chances he missed today. That is your assignment for today.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
:lol:. Nice bait. Mbappe has been poor this season. Mbappe is one of the reason why psg hasn't been smashing team because his finishing has been so poor. I employ you to watch the st Etienne game and tell me how many good chances he missed today. That is your assignment for today.
I do enjoy winding you up, especially when you start spouting off about agendas. Now tell me how Pochettino even gets to the semis last season without Mbappe, or who has the most goals and assists this season for PSG, I'll be right over there, on the edge of my seat.

Amadaeus

I do enjoy winding you up, especially when you start spouting off about agendas. Now tell me how Pochettino even gets to the semis last season without Mbappe, or who has the most goals and assists this season for PSG, I'll be right over there, on the edge of my seat.
Yea because mbappe is the only player on the pitch and there aren't 10 other players playing. Mbappe last season played better than he is playing so far this season, and actually did his job. It is like saying salah is saving klopp job. It is a ridiculous argument. This season mbappe has played more games and with the chance he has been getting, he should have figures much greater than he has now. Di Maria who has played less game has a similiar games per goal/ratio. The problem is that mbappe is doing the bar minimum this season and if he was more clinical, he would smash the goal scoring record. Yet, mbappe despite being worth £200m isn't even in the top 3 of top scores in ligue 1. So he definitely has not been doing poch any significant favor considering his worth. Unlike you I answer, the question you posed to me and bot ignore it.

Mr Smith

Out of curiosity because I don't watch PSG regularly, can you give a few examples?

Suedesi

How farcical was that red card in the PSG match? It feels like they're scoring last minute goals in pretty much every match this season

troylocker

Yea because mbappe is the only player on the pitch and there aren't 10 other players playing. Mbappe last season played better than he is playing so far this season, and actually did his job. It is like saying salah is saving klopp job. It is a ridiculous argument. This season mbappe has played more games and with the chance he has been getting, he should have figures much greater than he has now. Di Maria who has played less game has a similiar games per goal/ratio. The problem is that mbappe is doing the bar minimum this season and if he was more clinical, he would smash the goal scoring record. Yet, mbappe despite being worth £200m isn't even in the top 3 of top scores in ligue 1. So he definitely has not been doing poch any significant favor considering his worth. Unlike you I answer, the question you posed to me and bot ignore it.
You are so right! Or are you? Who is above Mbappe on the goal contribution list in Ligue 1?
Di Maria: 3 goals and 3 assist in 724 minutes, 241 minutes/goal - 121 minutes/ G+A
Mbappe: 9 goals and 12 assists in 1645 minutes, 183 minutes/goal - 78 minutes/G+A

Mbappe is doing alright….

Amadaeus

You are so right! Or are you? Who is above Mbappe on the goal contribution list in Ligue 1?
Di Maria: 3 goals and 3 assist in 724 minutes, 241 minutes/goal - 121 minutes/ G+A
Mbappe: 9 goals and 12 assists in 1645 minutes, 183 minutes/goal - 78 minutes/G+A

Mbappe is doing alright….
Huh? Mbappe has 7 goals, 7 assists in ligue 1. David from Lille, laborde from Rennes, Ben yeddar from monaco, and gouiri from nice is above Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.