Pogba and Fernandes

romufc

Yeah, but if the die hard armchair fan thinks he is shit and has a terrible personality with too crazy hairstyles, it must be so
As a person, he seems delightful, gets on with alot of the players at United, they all seem to like him.

But that doesn't mean he likes the club, he is a virus to the club. A manager cannot rely on him because his head gets turned by his silly greedy agent.

That is the issue with Pogba, he is made to believe he is too big for this club.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Sorry but I'm still pessimistic that either player will line-up alongside eachother for the remainder of the campaign.

Bestietom

Pogba will play this season or he may lose his place in the French squad for the euro's.

RedDevilUnited369

As a person, he seems delightful, gets on with alot of the players at United, they all seem to like him.

But that doesn't mean he likes the club, he is a virus to the club. A manager cannot rely on him because his head gets turned by his silly greedy agent.

That is the issue with Pogba, he is made to believe he is too big for this club.
Why come back to Utd if he doesn’t like the club. He didn’t have to come back, we had no CL football and hadn’t won anything for a while...so why?

Now if you say he doesn’t like the current transitional period we are going through then I would agree.

See how a change of a few words can completely change a narrative?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
So you think France would play him even if he is not playing football for his club. That would be kinda stupid wouldn't it.
We're talking about Paul Pogba here not some mediocre player.
If Pogba is walking,he'll go.

romufc

Why come back to Utd if he doesn’t like the club. He didn’t have to come back, we had no CL football and hadn’t won anything for a while...so why?

Now if you say he doesn’t like the current transitional period we are going through then I would agree.

See how a change of a few words can completely change a narrative?
Yes sorry I probably used to incorrect term. He doesn't like the extended transitional period.

It is his responsibility to propel this team too. How can we look a different team with Bruno?

flappyjay

So you think France would play him even if he is not playing football for his club. That would be kinda stupid wouldn't it.
You reckon Giroud isn't going then?... He is definitely going if he is fit. The options left would be Rabiot who had a fall out with Deschamps, kante who has mostly been injured. Then the likes of Tolisso or untested kids like soumare and Ndombele who hasn't shownuch at Spurs.

romufc

Yes. He is a big player / personality for them. They have friendlies before Euros, Pogba will play at the Euros regardless of his form at Manutd.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Even when Pogba was at Juve he wanted to go to Madrid but Florentino didn't want to pay the extortionate amount Raiola wanted for his client. If we didn't pay it he wouldn't of joined in the first place. Nothing to do with unfinished business or Pogba loves the club.

romufc

If we didn't pay it he wouldn't of joined in the first place. Nothing to do with unfinished business or Pogba loves the club.
Exactly, it fit the narrative about him coming back and loves the club. It generated a buzz in turn income.

Pogba came for the money, anyone who thinks otherwise is quite naive.

RedDevilUnited369

Yes sorry I probably used to incorrect term. He doesn't like the extended transitional period.

It is his responsibility to propel this team too. How can we look a different team with Bruno?
But he’s played twice this season. Last season had the best midfield stats in the whole PL. is that not propelling the team?

RedDevilUnited369

So the narrative is he came to a club he doesn’t like for the money? But even though he is now getting the money he now wants to leave?

Look, he wants to leave for footballing reasons but only came here for the money?

Not buying it..he was sold a dream like we all have been.

We finished 6th.

We are 5th so far without him.
The team is clearly performing better and we invested since last year. This argument is lazy.

plus we could be 8-10 if we lose our next game and others win.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We finished 6th.

That's a very black and white way of looking at things though, Arsenal's and Tottenham's form has fallen off a cliff this season with only Leicester's improving which explains the place differential, it's worth remembering how many dropped points came as a result of De Gea's abysmal form at the tail end of the season, we'd likely have got top 4 had it not been for that

We've lacked creativity for huge parts of the season which Pogba would've helped with massively, especially between the end of September to November where we dropped so many stupid points.

romufc

So the narrative is he came to a club he doesn’t like for the money? But even though he is now getting the money he now wants to leave?

Look, he wants to leave for footballing reasons but only came here for the money?

Not buying it..he was sold a dream like we all have been.

The team is clearly performing better and we invested since last year. This argument is lazy.
Yes ofcourse that was part of it too. He bought what Ed sold to him, bring back the glory days and saw himself as the headline when it happens. Now that it hasn't happened, we have not met his requirements. That also is true.

However; it seems we are doing better than we ever have since SAF left in getting the a squad together.

Not buying it, but alot of fans on here think we have not impoved the squad.

I believe it is better than last year personally.

Dr Fink

This thread is brilliant - half of the posters think Bruno is the second messiah and that Pogba is the devil incarnate. FFS. Sums up this forum and more so the team's state and season so far, in general. Who in their right mind would NOT want to have Bruno (who looks promising off his THREE appearances) and Pogba (a world class performer, who has suffered with his own form and with the levels of the players around him), in the same team? Crazy stuff. Look through the short term hatred for Pogba and think of the team as a whole. Think positive.

We do embarrass ourselves on here, we really do and that has included me in the recent past. It's all frustration.

romufc

That's a very black and white way of looking at things though, Arsenal's and Tottenham's form has fallen off a cliff this season with only Leicester's improving which explains the place differential, it's worth remembering how many dropped points came as a result of De Gea's abysmal form at the tail end of the season, we'd likely have got top 4 had it not been for that

We've lacked creativity for huge parts of the season which Pogba would've helped with massively, especially between the end of September to November where we dropped so many stupid points.
I agree, it was slightly lazy.

We have had a number of silly mistakes this season as well tbh. We have lacked creativity for a while now, Pogba is good when he plays because he will create something every game.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

You are one big drama queen. Why the hell is he a virus? Cause Jose thought so?

Grande

This thread is brilliant - half of the posters think Bruno is the second messiah and that Pogba is the devil incarnate. FFS. Sums up this forum and more so the team's state and season so far, in general. Who in their right mind would NOT want to have Bruno (who looks promising off his THREE appearances) and Pogba (a world class performer, who has suffered with his own form and with the levels of the players around him), in the same team? Crazy stuff. Look through the short term hatred for Pogba and think of the team as a whole. Think positive.

We do embarrass ourselves on here, we really do and that has included me in the recent past. It's all frustration.
With Pogba, it,s clearly the question of wether he wants us (United) enough. Rumours will be rumours, I think if he demonstrates in action that he is involved in United, the team, the club, almost all would love it. If he doesn't want to be here, it's understandable if most want him gone and feel little urge to sing his praises in the process. Paul will show, I'm not holding my breath though. I prefer to focus on the ones I can see is all in: Bruno, Fred, McTominay have all the passion and determination needed, and we should look to strengthen on that platform. If Paul wants that, he obviously will have a place, if not, we need new something else.

romufc

You are one big drama queen. Why the hell is he a virus? Cause Jose thought so?
Drama queen? I said to the club not the players. He is fine in the dressing room and stuff I assume but when it comes to dis respecting the football club Raiola has been a virus, and is Pogba's agent. He is letting him run his mouth, together with his brother.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Never understand this vehement hate for Pogba. Yes he’s your typical modern footballer but he’s also world class, and our player. If he’s fit before the end of the season he’s the difference between top 4 or not.
He isn't though. He's a self involved pr#ck with no character. I was really happy when we signed him but turns out SAF was right all along. He would have been fine as a peacock in a winning team but useless in adversity.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why do people keep calling Pogba world class? He's world class about 5-10 times a season if we're lucky. True world class players are at that level 20-25 times a season if not more.

Example: KDB has had more "world class" performances this season than Pogba has had in 3 and half years for us. Just facts that the Pogba fan boys can't handle. He's nowhere near as good as KDB and won't be in a better side either before somebody throws that in. He's a talent but lacks a lot of other things that make you a true great. Not fit to be mentioned alongside the likes of Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, David Silva or KDB for me.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why do people keep calling Pogba world class? He's world class about 5-10 times a season if we're lucky. True world class players are at that level 20-25 times a season if not more.

Example: KDB has had more "world class" performances this season than Pogba has had in 3 and half years for us. Just facts that the Pogba fan boys can't handle. He's nowhere near as good as KDB and won't be in a better side either before somebody throws that in. He's a talent but lacks a lot of other things that make you a true great. Not fit to be mentioned alongside the likes of Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, David Silva or KDB for me.
The fan boys are much quieter lately. It’s getting very hard to properly wind them up any more.
They know the truth but it’s hard to come to terms with it.
Anyway, next season Pogba will be a problem for some other club and we can begin to forget him

Tony247

If Grealish rumors are true then Pogba surely leaving in summer...

He'sRaldo

The fan boys are much quieter lately. It’s getting very hard to properly wind them up any more.
They know the truth but it’s hard to come to terms with it.
Anyway, next season Pogba will be a problem for some other club and we can begin to forget him
Pogba's stock is currently low because he's not been playing. It's easy to forget, football fans' short memories and all that.

Best to revisit the topic when he does get back on the pitch.

gza the genius

I really hope we get to see them together, even if it's just for the rest of this season.

If I'm Ole (and Woodward) I'd be telling Pogba to get back on the pitch, get us in to the champions league next season and then he can leave this summer if that's what he wants.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Pogba will not be here in the summer. Its not a question of how good the player is. Fans have had enough of "want a new challenge" and weekly leaks from his camp. He can feck off.

Even staunch Ronnie supporters had turned against him after his comments. Pogba has done nothing compared to Ronnie. It's a tantalizing prospect seeing Bruno and Pogba together but yea, don't want him here next season. Would rather have Maddison /Grealish instead if they show even half the heart.

Bondi77

No room for Pogba now as he simply does not make the side when Mctominay and Fred are fit and playing well as Pogba will not defend and Bruno has adapted well into the attacking role at the moment.
Pogba makes the bench when fit and if he can come on and make a difference when it counts then his game time increases.
But first of all he has to get fit and want to play.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He isn't though. He's a self involved pr#ck with no character. I was really happy when we signed him but turns out SAF was right all along. He would have been fine as a peacock in a winning team but useless in adversity.
In adversity, like end of last season, the whole of our squad are useless to be fair, including De Gea, Rashford, Martial, Fred, Lindelof, Shaw etc. We should have sold them all.

cyril C

Pogba wont lose his place in team for the euros let alone the squad.
Well, assume he returns in early March, but line up after Bruno, McTom, Fred, Matic on packing order, get to play 1 game a month, still spending more time on internet than on training pitch, then figure out whether he will start for France.

LiteralDave

We finished 6th.

Yes so far, but Season isn't ended yet. We will know our final position at the end of the season. And oh, we finished 2rd two seasons ago with Pogba.

norm87cro

In theory a good midfield but in reality we have one talented midfielder eager to prove himself and a player that doesn't want to be here. Almost like fantasy football (we will maybe see them both in the starting 11five times this season) Making threads like this makes no sense because it's just dividing the CAF and we already have 4 to 5 Pogba related threads.

Slik

When Pogba is fully fit he walks into almost any side. whether he will leave in the summer or not is irrelevant. He is here now and the transfer window isn’t open. Let’s enjoy two talented midfielders in our squad(bruno and pogba). it’s been such a long time we have had such a midfield on paper. Let’s enjoy them from now till the summer, hopefully the carry us into the championship league and maybe win Europa or Fa cup. And then in the summer we access our option. Why are you guys stressing over pogba everyday. Whether you like him or not, he can’t move out of the club until the summer. Lets enjoy him until then.
If he performs it’s a win win. Our club moves higher up the table and if we should sell him we will get more for him.
And he will definitely perform much better with BRuno by his side. That is a constant or atleast he will occupy opposition players mind enough for Bruno to continue having more freedom. Teams will start to man mark Bruno soon. Don’t forget that.