Pogba and Fernandes

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Drama queen? I said to the club not the players. He is fine in the dressing room and stuff I assume but when it comes to dis respecting the football club Raiola has been a virus, and is Pogba's agent. He is letting him run his mouth, together with his brother.
A virus is a strong word. Pogba has not done anything that harmed the club.

romufc

A virus is a strong word. Pogba has not done anything that harmed the club.
He is a disruption, not to the squad but the brand name of Manutd. This includes his agent and his brother, but IMO they both have Pogba's blessing.

Lets see what reception he gets when he is back.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
If we get him fit before the season is over, we need to take advantage of it. He can be the difference for us making top 4. That said, he needs to go in the summer. A team that is trying to rebuild cannot afford keeping players that creates so much drama outside of the pitch. That shouldn't even be something that needs debating. And spare me the "Its not him, its his agent"... Really? As if Raiola would keep talking if Pogba told him to shut up.

Mainoldo

If we get him fit before the season is over, we need to take advantage of it. He can be the difference for us making top 4. That said, he needs to go in the summer. A team that is trying to rebuild cannot afford keeping players that creates so much drama outside of the pitch. That shouldn't even be something that needs debating. And spare me the "Its not him, its his agent"... Really? As if Raiola would keep talking if Pogba told him to shut up.
No it’s just the media. They can’t get Pogba out of there little mouths. You’d think he’s been playing all season.

croadyman

Maybe Bruno needs to pull him aside when he returns and just say look Paul just give us all you have until the end of the season.

Walters_19_MuFc

I find it funny how some people are saying Pogba wont make our side when fully fit.

Whether you like him or not, even with Fernandes here now, he's still our most talented midfielder.

Fact is, he's under contract and we'll probably offload him in the summer. Therefore, when he recovers from his injury, he should start.

Yes, we beat Watford 3-0 and most people think we're now untouchable, but up until the penalty, yet again, we struggled to break down a well disciplined defensive side.

Pogba, along with Fernandes, will only enhance our creativity level.

Walters_19_MuFc

When Pogba is fully fit he walks into almost any side. whether he will leave in the summer or not is irrelevant. He is here now and the transfer window isn’t open. Let’s enjoy two talented midfielders in our squad(bruno and pogba). it’s been such a long time we have had such a midfield on paper. Let’s enjoy them from now till the summer, hopefully the carry us into the championship league and maybe win Europa or Fa cup. And then in the summer we access our option. Why are you guys stressing over pogba everyday. Whether you like him or not, he can’t move out of the club until the summer. Lets enjoy him until then.
If he performs it’s a win win. Our club moves higher up the table and if we should sell him we will get more for him.
And he will definitely perform much better with BRuno by his side. That is a constant or atleast he will occupy opposition players mind enough for Bruno to continue having more freedom. Teams will start to man mark Bruno soon. Don’t forget that.
100% this.

TRUERED89

I find it funny how some people are saying Pogba wont make our side when fully fit.

Whether you like him or not, even with Fernandes here now, he's still our most talented midfielder.

Fact is, he's under contract and we'll probably offload him in the summer. Therefore, when he recovers from his injury, he should start.

Yes, we beat Watford 3-0 and most people think we're now untouchable, but up until the penalty, yet again, we struggled to break down a well disciplined defensive side.

Agreed, PS did you see how awful Napoli made Barca look last night ? Imagine us trying to break them down. Pogba needs to give us top 4 as a parting gift, he should play when he’s ready..

Walters_19_MuFc

Agreed, PS did you see how awful Napoli made Barca look last night ? Imagine us trying to break them down. Pogba needs to give us top 4 as a parting gift, he should play when he’s ready..
I didnt. Was too busy watching Bayern smash Chelsea, but I guess it just shows that we're nowhere near the required level to be turning up our nose at Pogba, as he clearly adds that a much needed creative element to our side.

Aouer-United

Jesus, the amounts of criticism for Pogba is underserved. This is the guy we're talking about, he contributed 21 points for United in the league (29 points if you count his pens). Without his contribution last season, we would be tied with Newcastle United and Bournemouth on points in the table from 13 to 15th ranking. You're making out as if he was one of the worst players last season.

Pogba might be inconsistent but he's better than all of our midfielder before signing of Bruno and he has insane talents ability who deserved to be surrounded by top quality.

Before Pogba had surgery, he came on as a sub against Newcastle and Watford and it highlights how he seems so far ahead of everyone in quality, that's the same thing with Bruno when he comes on as a sub against Brugge, we looked better with one of them

I think Pogba and Bruno in midfield will be brilliant, they are the type of player that we need to get back to the top.

Reactions: Fortitude

Well said x

Denis' cuff

Nothing wrong with the 2nd para but its understandable why United fans would feel the way they do. Pogba wants to be a globetrotter. He wants to win cups. He wants glory. He got that with Juve, he got that with France. His plan was play at Juve win trophies. Move back to United with Mourinho at the helm and win some trophies. Move to Real win trophies and become a true galactico.

It hasn't worked out for him. The wheels came off at United. Mou go sacked. Rookie manager in. No glory. And the big clubs are only fairly keen on him but not for the figures the club wants.

His plan is stuttering but he still has his desires. And the only person who can change that is Pogba.
“Pogba wants”... don’t we all? It would be nice if he condescended to lend a hand like everyone else. Well, almost everyone else. Players with far less talent put him to shame with their efforts. He isn’t a special case, although some think he is. Other clubs don’t seem to think so either, otherwise we would have received an appropriate offer for him, that doesn’t include a huge windfall for him and his odious slob of an agent.

Dante

Average bang
Pogba requires his teammates to adapt in order to get the best out of him.

Bruno gets the best of his teammates.

Denis' cuff

No it’s just the media. They can’t get Pogba out of there little mouths. You’d think he’s been playing all season.
so when we see this creep on video telling us how many other clubs want to sign Pogba, (where are they? Where is their money?) and that United would ruin Messi, it is just the media? Then we have the brother....

UDontMessWith24

A better question is what our league position would be if the club was ran like a professional football club and Pogba was sold with Fernandes replacing him in the summer.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
These two need to play together asap while Bruno is running hot. Bruno in current form will get the best out of Pogba and in the reverse.

Irrespective of whats been said before, if we can get a on form pogba, we will fly into the end of this season.

RedCurry

It could turn out to be great if Pogba assumes a support role to Bruno, who has clearly looked a more creative player, albeit in just three games. This is not too different from the France setup where Matuidi is more advanced usually.

Pogba as well as Bruno will have to understand that they will spend some time on the bench as well. I am just not sure of the harmony of the dressing room and I fear this combo will be our version of Gerrard and Lampard.

Mainoldo

so when we see this creep on video telling us how many other clubs want to sign Pogba, (where are they? Where is their money?) and that United would ruin Messi, it is just the media? Then we have the brother....
What has Pogba said? All I see is everyone talking about him. Pundits, agent brother included. Before we say there speaking on his behalf... what grown man do you know that speaks on your behalf? Does your brother share the same views as you?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
There's over 90% chance of him leaving this summer, and we all know his commitment to this club is questionable, especially with his outspoken agent.
But we should still play him when he's fully fit, base on 2 reason:

1. He is still by far our most creative/talented player, and arguably our best player

2. We are still paying him alot of wages, around 275k per week, so doesn't make any sense at all for not playing him when he's fit.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Bruno is doing the job we all thought pogba would do when he came. It’s early days of course, but Bruno is much more consistent throughout a match, full of energy and movement, much more intelligent use of the ball.

Pogba blows hot and cold. He can pull off amazing passes, but the next minute will dilly-dally on the ball in our own half and get dispossessed breaking down our own attacks

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm not sure if they are too similar but having better players around Pogba might well allow him to be more consistent.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
These two need to play together asap while Bruno is running hot. Bruno in current form will get the best out of Pogba and in the reverse.

Irrespective of whats been said before, if we can get a on form pogba, we will fly into the end of this season.
I agree, best case is if both are playing in top form. But with Bruno now doing so well, we are less reliant on Pogba which helps us a lot

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There's over 90% chance of him leaving this summer, and we all know his commitment to this club is questionable, especially with his outspoken agent.
But we should still play him when he's fully fit, base on 2 reason:

1. He is still by far our most creative/talented player, and arguably our best player

2. We are still paying him alot of wages, around 275k per week, so doesn't make any sense at all for not playing him when he's fit.
Him coming back fit and playing well for us help every party, specially our club as his value would increase and give us a better position to sell him.

romufc

Alot saying Pogba gets in on talent alone. No, talent alone doesn't take you anywhere.

There are differences in attitude between them, Bruno will chase back, Pogba will put his hands to the side and walk back.

If Pogba misplaces a pass he will look as if he is blaming someone else, Bruno takes responsibility.

Pogba has the better skill and passing ability but Bruno has one thing that is probably a better skill which is pass forward quickly. He will try play one touch, through balls whereas Pogba wants to beat his man in midfield.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Alot saying Pogba gets in on talent alone. No, talent alone doesn't take you anywhere.

There are differences in attitude between them, Bruno will chase back, Pogba will put his hands to the side and walk back.

If Pogba misplaces a pass he will look as if he is blaming someone else, Bruno takes responsibility.

Pogba has the better skill and passing ability but Bruno has one thing that is probably a better skill which is pass forward quickly. He will try play one touch, through balls whereas Pogba wants to beat his man in midfield.
This is absolute horse shit and one of the worst narratives about Paul Pogba that gets brandished about.

Pogba is not a lazy player nor has he ever been one to throw his arms in the air.

romufc

This is absolute horse shit and one of the worst narratives about Paul Pogba that gets brandished about.

Pogba is not a lazy player nor has he ever been one to throw his arms in the air.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/paul-poga-stat-reveals-hes-14754707

Have a look at the stat, he spends 64% of the time walking on the pitch. For a CM who plays in a 2. Stats speak for themselves.

I guess you and I are watching different games, there have been numerous occasions where Pogba throws his hands to the side.

Charles Miller

I think its possible to accommodate Pogba and Bruno in the same line up playing 4-2-3-1 wih Fred-McTominay in the double DM. To play only one DM, you would need intense pressing in all lines, and is not the way Ole will play.

DFreshKing

I like him as a footballer but I would pick Fernandes over him every day of the week. He may have some attributes higher than him but certainly not all and not the most important ones imho.

Jonno

He's on his way, fair enough. Pick him when he's fit in 4 weeks time, but that will only leave a month or so of football and he'll be gone after that.

There's not a chance in hell he stays beyond the summer after everything thats happened.

Last edited:

zenith

Whom do you drop though. Bruno on current form in undroppable, same is the case with Fred and we did sure need a defensive presence in Mctominay or matic.

It sounds amazing to say but the only way pogba gets in is if anyone of those 3 are injured or need a rest and honestly typing that part felt great.

But hey, we might get more Instagram stories from the bench.

Jeffthered

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/paul-poga-stat-reveals-hes-14754707

Have a look at the stat, he spends 64% of the time walking on the pitch. For a CM who plays in a 2. Stats speak for themselves.

I guess you and I are watching different games, there have been numerous occasions where Pogba throws his hands to the side.

I sometimes wonder what people really look for when they watch a game of football. The addition, and proliferation of the use of stats has skewed the opinion and understanding of the modern game. How many yards does Ronaldo run on average? Or Lewandoski? Or Kane? Aguero etc...

Paul Pogba is world class. Simple. It is unfortunate how things have evolved during his time, but we all need to simply move on. To suggest that he is a 'lazy' player is daft.

SATA

Sunday sounds too soon for him to return. Hopefully he will be back on Wednesday and playing some part against Derby County. He's already training, isn't he?

romufc

I sometimes wonder what people really look for when they watch a game of football. The addition, and proliferation of the use of stats has skewed the opinion and understanding of the modern game. How many yards does Ronaldo run on average? Or Lewandoski? Or Kane? Aguero etc...

Paul Pogba is world class. Simple. It is unfortunate how things have evolved during his time, but we all need to simply move on. To suggest that he is a 'lazy' player is daft.
Are Ronaldo, Lewandowki, Kane, Aguero midfielders? are they box to box midfielders?

It's like me comparing the goals Pogba scores to the names mentioned.

What has Pogba done at his time at United to say he is world class?

I can tell you now how many times Agurero, Lewan, Kane have proved they are WC. Hat tricks in big games, big goals.

Finally, please go back and check what I said, I compared Pogba to Bruno. He is lazier that Bruno....

koop

Gotta call BS on that one. He does that ALOT.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
In adversity, like end of last season, the whole of our squad are useless to be fair, including De Gea, Rashford, Martial, Fred, Lindelof, Shaw etc. We should have sold them all.
Seems to me that they don't want Pogba around while he's injured because of his personality.

Rolaholic

Pogback soon come

We might just get to see him and Bruno together after all...

Fracture90

Are Ronaldo, Lewandowki, Kane, Aguero midfielders? are they box to box midfielders?

It's like me comparing the goals Pogba scores to the names mentioned.

What has Pogba done at his time at United to say he is world class?

I can tell you now how many times Agurero, Lewan, Kane have proved they are WC. Hat tricks in big games, big goals.

Finally, please go back and check what I said, I compared Pogba to Bruno. He is lazier that Bruno....
Yet, somehow despite his unwillingness to move around, he managed to be in the top3 for the majority of statistical categories during his tenure with us.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Pogback soon come

We might just get to see him and Bruno together after all...
He should obviously play vs Derby rather than City coming off injury.