Pogba and Fernandes

romufc

Well this David Silva's final season with them and Phil Foden has played in that role this season,Pogba could easily fit there
Phil Foden is going to play there as a natural Silva replacement.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't even want him in our team. No chance he gets in the City team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He would never get in the following roles:

KDB role
Bernado role
Sterling
Aguero

Pogba does not have the discipline to play wide
Absolute rubbish.

People act like he just walks around the pitch doing nothing until we win the ball back and he's waiting up pitch :lol:

He's had the tendancy to switch off at times but he's never just stopped trying. This is one of those stupid myths that people seem to believe as gospel.

stepic

Nope, but he fits City's style over Pogba.
whether that is true or not, it's laughable to suggest Pogba wouldn't be selected in City's first team over Foden. Pogba would be absolutely dominant with the City forwards making runs.

romufc

Absolute rubbish.

People act like he just walks around the pitch doing nothing until we win the ball back and he's waiting up pitch :lol:

He's had the tendancy to switch off at times but he's never just stopped trying. This is one of those stupid myths that people seem to believe as gospel.
I said he doesn't have discipline to play wide. Not many do under the pep system. He requires his wide men to stay wide and not intefere with the play until they get the ball. Pogba likes to get involved in the play.

Stadjer

He would never get in the following roles:

KDB role
Bernado role
Sterling
Aguero

Pogba does not have the discipline to play wide
Obviously he isnt going to get the Aguero role... just like he isnt going to get Ederson his role.

KdB plays in midfield and makes forward runs to support the strikers with his shooting and his ability to create chances. Pogba can play that role with ease. KdB is likely the best midfielder in the league so maybe Pogba wouldnt be able to do it at the same level as KdB but Pogba is more than capable to create chances and make forward runs. Who knows.... maybe Pogba would do it even better than KdB when coached by Pep and playing with the players City has.

Attackers dont have to stay wide in Pep his system.. he doesnt play with ''chalk on the boots'' type of wingers. He uses his wingbacks for that. He plays midfielders Bernando/Mahrez/Foden or sometimes even Silva or an 'inside forward' like Sterling on the wings/wide position. All they do is cut inside. Yesterday the first City goal was a pass over the top from Rodri (a pass Pogba is also able to give) to their 'right winger' Foden. Foden started his run from just inside the Villa box (so he wasnt wide at all at that moment) and headed it back for Aguero to score. At that same moment City their other wide player (Sterling) was also in the Villa box. The KdB look-a-like wingback was on the left outside the box staying wide.

Obviously it wouldnt be Pogba his best role but he would be able to fill it, i think it would be a waste of his qualities but he would be able to do it. I think Pogba would excel in a KdB role but he would also be able to play very well in a Gundogan/Silva central role when he is covered by someone like Rodri/Fernandinho.

Pogba has the ability to play almost every role at a very high level. Despite his flaws he still is an excellent player. I really do hope that Pogba + Bruno midfield will work out.. i think it can and would be the most entertaining midfield Manchester United had since basically forever.

romufc

Pogba has the ability to play almost every role at a very high level. Despite his flaws he still is an excellent player. I really do hope that Pogba + Bruno midfield will work out.. i think it can and would be the most entertaining midfield Manchester United had since basically forever.
I have no doubt in Pogba's ability, I sometimes question his attitude. There is one big difference between him and KDB which is KDB is one of the best WC players I have seen who is as good in possession as he is out of possession.

Pogba and Bruno will be awesome in midfield. If we can make it work we should for the remainder of this season.

Jericholyte2

The best way I see this working is Pogba playing in the role he did for France in the 2018 World Cup. That Pogba is the type we need behind Bruno.
They would just need the discipline to slot back when the other attacked, one being a deeper playmaker whilst the other attacked. Then when going all out Pogba would be left side AM with Bruno right side.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The best way I see this working is Pogba playing in the role he did for France in the 2018 World Cup. That Pogba is the type we need behind Bruno.
The only way that would work was if Pogba applied himself but at club-level he wants to be the main man and feels too special to do the same things regular midfielders does. Fred-Pogba-Bruno could work very well if Pogba made use of his physicality and were a bit more disciplined defensively. It would be a balanced technical midfield. Not very solid defensively but with 3 of them in there, all disciplined working hard you could get away with it.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The only way that would work was if Pogba applied himself but at club-level he wants to be the main man and feels too special to do the same things regular midfielders does. Fred-Pogba-Bruno could work very well if Pogba made use of his physicality and were a bit more disciplined defensively. It would be a balanced technical midfield. Not very solid defensively but with 3 of them in there, all disciplined working hard you could get away with it.
I'd like to see it tried, not sure if it would work or not. On paper I'd be scared defensively. Each player seems like the type that needs a DM behind them.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Martial
Rashford Bruno Greenwood
Pogba Fred​

inject it in my veins

superdry

touched by a genius
Feel encouraged that he's closely following our results, allegedly, when there's lots of fashion shows and dance videos he could be starring in...... shows commitment :rolleyes:

OrcaFat

Feel encouraged that he's closely following our results, allegedly, when there's lots of fashion shows and dance videos he could be starring in...... shows commitment :rolleyes:
Yes very noble of him to take any notice of Utd.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Alright Graham hows it going.

Crashoutcassius

Pogba stamped his authority on the team in his debut too, while not playing in what many deemed his best position. Undoubtedly Fernandes comes with less baggage but the notion that he's doing something Pogba couldn't manage is clearly false.

You are correct in that Bruno needs to show it for at least 6 months to prove he is any more consistent than pogba. But if he does that then he has proven that he is more consistent than pogba

PowerOfDreams

McTominay AND Fred for the big clash games and then put just one of them in with both Bruno & Pogba to pure bully teams.

Shiva87

Do you genuinely believe this? I can't believe any sane person would...I'm trying not to be an arsehole about it but it seems complete delusion to me.
Yes, I do. All he has said is that he thought he was ready for a new challenge. That's his only direct quote. Lukaku has disrespected the club, and keeps doing it regularly. Pogba has not, there is a difference. Mino has been a complete bellend in his behaviour. That's the facts I have.

Based on that - I think Pogba has been super professional at his time with the club. He works hard, has carried us through many games. He has also had some bad games and dips in form. He fell out with Jose (so did almost every other United player) - and he tried to come back from injury before completely healing it this season. Played 45 minutes, and realized he needs surgery.

All this talk about him having 'faked' and injury, to not play for United again is total media speculation. You really think an employer like Manchester United will allow one of its top earning employees, to fake injury and not show up to do his job? If this was really happening, there would be fines/ penalties, pay cuts etc to make sure you are not being taken for a ride (regardless of the market price of the asset). Unlike popular belief, player contracts have clauses of this nature allowing the club to cut salaries big time in case of bad behaviour (without having to terminate the contract). Those contracts are not all one sided.

Also - I don't blame a world class midfielder wanted to leave a club where it is clear that winning top honors is not the priority. Staying in top 4 is. The board and management are not working towards building a winning team, but a team that can consistently stay within the top 4 - and win a title here and there if that's possible. The way the summer (3 signings) and January window (1 signing, 1 loan) has transpired - the club's goals are clear (regardless of the PR propoganda).

If you were Pogba - give me one good reason (apart from you being a fan of United) that you would want to spend your footballing peak at this club last summer? At least now we have Bruno and have showed some progress.

izzydiggler

Yes, I do. All he has said is that he thought he was ready for a new challenge. That's his only direct quote. Lukaku has disrespected the club, and keeps doing it regularly. Pogba has not, there is a difference. Mino has been a complete bellend in his behaviour. That's the facts I have.

Based on that - I think Pogba has been super professional at his time with the club. He works hard, has carried us through many games. He has also had some bad games and dips in form. He fell out with Jose (so did almost every other United player) - and he tried to come back from injury before completely healing it this season. Played 45 minutes, and realized he needs surgery.

All this talk about him having 'faked' and injury, to not play for United again is total media speculation. You really think an employer like Manchester United will allow one of its top earning employees, to fake injury and not show up to do his job? If this was really happening, there would be fines/ penalties, pay cuts etc to make sure you are not being taken for a ride (regardless of the market price of the asset). Unlike popular belief, player contracts have clauses of this nature allowing the club to cut salaries big time in case of bad behaviour (without having to terminate the contract). Those contracts are not all one sided.

Also - I don't blame a world class midfielder wanted to leave a club where it is clear that winning top honors is not the priority. Staying in top 4 is. The board and management are not working towards building a winning team, but a team that can consistently stay within the top 4 - and win a title here and there if that's possible. The way the summer (3 signings) and January window (1 signing, 1 loan) has transpired - the club's goals are clear (regardless of the PR propoganda).

If you were Pogba - give me one good reason (apart from you being a fan of United) that you would want to spend your footballing peak at this club last summer? At least now we have Bruno and have showed some progress.
You don't link Raiola being "a complete bellend" with Pogba's wishes/behaviour at all? That's the delusion that I was talking about.

Also, I'm not someone who thinks Pogba has faked an injury and don't believe that I've expressed it on here, so not sure why you think that...

LuckyScout78

The mentality is different. Pogba has world class skills. But Pogba is more a mood player. When a team struggling, Pogba will struggle too. Bruno is different. Bruno has a more conistent mood. The only teammates of high football skills Bruno has play with his Martial. Not with Rashford or Pobga yet. Only 2 high skills ball players. Then you can see how much Bruno has lift United attacking playing. And i can see Bruno here rest of his career. With Pobga and his agent. United has to match his ambition.

Bruno want to play for United that Pogba want to leave. If Pobga has the consistent mood of Bruno. I think Pobga will lift and rise too another level. On a more conistent top level. Pobga looks like a star. But Bruno doesnt look like a star, but playing like a star. More consistent top level.

Before Bruno cam. I recommend Bruno and the other really good central midfield player in Kristoffer Olsson from Krasnodar. If i was United manager. If i could get Bruno and Olsson. Then Pogba can leave, with a good and right price.
I prefer top hard working consistent mood players. Kristoffer Olsson and Federico Chiesa have same consistent mood as Bruno. And players want to be here no matters what.

But in the end. Pobga can improve his mood, to be more consistent. Then it will be good for him and the club he is playing for. No need for star and primadonna factor. World class in the past have look really simple. From George Best, Pele, Maradonna, L.Matthaus, Cantona, Zidane, Brazil Ronaldo. They looked simple like others/the look. But they speak different with theirs feets. Make them different.
So this is some advice to Pogba. Keep it simple and be more consistent when it come to mood. Close to nothing can affect my mood. I will still give my best.

Shiva87

You don't link Raiola being "a complete bellend" with Pogba's wishes/behaviour at all? That's the delusion that I was talking about.

Also, I'm not someone who thinks Pogba has faked an injury and don't believe that I've expressed it on here, so not sure why you think that...
Honestly, I don't think it's Pogba's wish for Mino to behave the way he did. Mino wants to keep the summer transfer option open, and that may be agreed with Pogba. Rest of it - you let the professional you have hired do the job.

The extent of the actions are Mino's alone. Pogba owes more to Mino that he does to United for where he is in his life today. An agent relationship is deeply personal. Don't think he will (or should) publicly ostracise his agent.

Noted on the fake injury bit. Its just the narrative on him this season, and I presumed that's what your 'delusion' comment was about.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The mentality is different. Pogba has world class skills. But Pogba is more a mood player. When a team struggling, Pogba will struggle too. Bruno is different. Bruno has a more conistent mood. The only teammates of high football skills Bruno has play with his Martial. Not with Rashford or Pobga yet. Only 2 high skills ball players. Then you can see how much Bruno has lift United attacking playing. And i can see Bruno here rest of his career. With Pobga and his agent. United has to match his ambition.

Bruno want to play for United that Pogba want to leave. If Pobga has the consistent mood of Bruno. I think Pobga will lift and rise too another level. On a more conistent top level. Pobga looks like a star. But Bruno doesnt look like a star, but playing like a star. More consistent top level.

Before Bruno cam. I recommend Bruno and the other really good central midfield player in Kristoffer Olsson from Krasnodar. If i was United manager. If i could get Bruno and Olsson. Then Pogba can leave, with a good and right price.
I prefer top hard working consistent mood players. Kristoffer Olsson and Federico Chiesa have same consistent mood as Bruno. And players want to be here no matters what.

But in the end. Pobga can improve his mood, to be more consistent. Then it will be good for him and the club he is playing for. No need for star and primadonna factor. World class in the past have look really simple. From George Best, Pele, Maradonna, L.Matthaus, Cantona, Zidane, Brazil Ronaldo. They looked simple like others/the look. But they speak different with theirs feets. Make them different.
So this is some advice to Pogba. Keep it simple and be more consistent when it come to mood. Close to nothing can affect my mood. I will still give my best.
My man, Bruno has been here for just a little bit of time. It's very dangerous to assume he will remain this way when things get difficult. Everybody is great when they just come in the team, if not in performances, at least in attitude. The mood is great at the club right now, and Pogba will be happy to play in this team, I have no doubts about that. I can't blame him for being miserable under Mourinho or with the team that was consistently put out there.

I think any fan that is against Pogba returning should stop discussing football, it's that black and white to me. Pogba is the best player on this team, and the team is finally performing. We see how just bringing one player of quality like Bruno that can play through passes with the vision to go with it has improved Martial's off-the-ball movement where he now makes far more runs than he did when he had a Lingard behind him. If you think Pogba coming back in would bring the team down instead of raising it to another level, then I really have to question your football knowledge, or your agenda.

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Martial
Rashford Bruno Greenwood
Pogba Fred​

inject it in my veins
No chance. I bet There’s a less tha1% chance that Pogba is here next season.

But if he is, Pogba, Bruno and Pogba would take two of the three advanced midfield spots in any given match.

Matić has been every bit as crucial to this resurgence as Fred and Bruno. Replacing him will define next season.

Pogba is phenomenal. He needs to be given a role similar to Bruno. Then show the same levels of attitude and application in both directions. Fred, for all his great performances of late, is a substitute for those two.

fps

[QUOTE="Stadjer, post: 25354100, member: Pogba has the ability to play almost every role at a very high level. Despite his flaws he still is an excellent player. I really do hope that Pogba + Bruno midfield will work out.. i think it can and would be the most entertaining midfield Manchester United had since basically forever.
[/QUOTE]

Nonsense. He hasn’t played a single role at Man Utd well without compromising the team in some way. Play him dm he switches off or dwells on the ball too long, further up he doesn’t press, whichever area he’s in he gets moved a foot left or right and people say it’s not his best position any more.

laughtersassassin

[QUOTE="Stadjer, post: 25354100, member: Pogba has the ability to play almost every role at a very high level. Despite his flaws he still is an excellent player. I really do hope that Pogba + Bruno midfield will work out.. i think it can and would be the most entertaining midfield Manchester United had since basically forever.
Nonsense. He hasn’t played a single role at Man Utd well without compromising the team in some way. Play him dm he switches off or dwells on the ball too long, further up he doesn’t press, whichever area he’s in he gets moved a foot left or right and people say it’s not his best position any more.
[/QUOTE]

And yet he still makes us better as proven every season he has been here...

Strelok

Agreed. He just doesn't has the mentality or attributes to play as DM. He's an attacking player, the closer he is to the opponent's final third the better.

Imo the idea of fitting Pogba and Bruno together is not easy at all. They're not exactly the same type of player however their movements and preferences are pretty the same. Both like to roam freely and operate heavily on the left. Both like to make runs into the opponent's final third. Both like to take longshot. If we start both, one must sacrifice.

Personally I'd start Bruno over Pogba. Bruno is much better at pressing and defensive duties, his work rate and stamina is also much better. His presence provides us the balance and creativity we've been lacking for so long. While Pogba mostly provides just creativity.

I think Ole gonna play Pogba, not because he must but because Pogba is good and Ole always put the club's interest first. Imo he'd probably dislike Pogba after all the shit he and especially his fat scumbag agent have thrown at the club and himself. However for better results or just for a bit of advertisement in case Pogba leaves in the summer it'd be the best interest for the club to play him I think.

Imo Pogba will stay on the bench and come on as a sub first. Then depending on his performance Ole will decide if it's a must to start him. There's no way he would jump straight back to the starting XI. It'd be very unfair for Matic, Fred and Bruno. All of them are playing well atm.

If his performance earns Pogba a place in the first XI and Bruno would keep his current form then Ole must find a way to fit both together. It'd be very interesting to see and if this ticks, it'd be devastating imo. However it won't be easy at all.

Last edited:

cyril C

Nope, but he fits City's style over Pogba.
Own product, free, no troublesome agent, no trouble maker inside the locker room. Pep tells Foden to jump, Foden dare not speak back... And of course, 1/3 wages.

saivet

Imo the idea of fitting Pogba and Bruno together is not easy at all. They're not exactly the same type of player however their movements and preferences are pretty the same. Both like to roam freely and operate heavily on the left. Both like to make runs into the opponent's final third. Both like to take longshot. If we start both, one must sacrifice.
I'm not sure it is that difficult, we've seen teams play two attacking midfielders play in CM before.

Pogba isn't even a traditional no.10/attacking like Lingard and Alli (played CM at the WC) or De Bruyne and Silva for City.

Pogba has played most of his career a little deeper. Even at the start of the season, we were just playing Lingard or AP ahead of him, so I don't see much of an issue. You just need someone disciplined, with a good work rate next to him and I think one of Fred, McTominay or Matic will be fine.