Pogba apologises to fans after Cardiff

ZenMaster Coltrane

He's not a scapegoat though and that's the difference in our views. He's as much problem as others, maybe even bigger problem because he has the most quality of them.
Great, sound logic! Right up there with the thousand of "He's garbage, a virus but I'll only take 150 mil" posts.

It's not really surprising that toxic abusive behaviour carries over to the stands. There's tons of invective in the countless Pogba threads on here and on SM.

SAFMUTD

I don’t disagree with that, we’re full of dross who “put a shift in”, the problem is on the other side the few players we have who have the ability can’t seem to be arsed.

I don’t think the board or the manager want him gone, but I think his head is already elsewhere and they may just have to take the money whilst it’s still there.
I wouldn’t blame him if he wants to go, he is not an idol here nor he has done enough to deserve it, but he came when he was one of the most promising youngsters in the world. He could had chosen practically any team in the world and he chose to come here.

after 3 years of winning nothing and seeing his prime years go by as we don't get any closer to not only not winning, but to challenging for thropies there must cross your mind to go elsewhere where you can find success.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
A few weeks ago "The bastard didn't talk to the away fans.". "Today, you can shove your talk where the sun never shines!".

At least you guys are amusing.:lol:
This.

This lot just want to find something to moan about. They've already made up their mind that they'll crap on player x y or z and whatever they do they'll spin it into something to feel outraged about.

These people love complaining about how players, coach and everyone letting them down yet they thrive in seeking things to mean about, to the point of pettiness and case in point this Pogba situation. Dude felt like he needed to apologise and did so but these lots are out there getting pissy over it. Quite pathetic.

el3mel

Great, sound logic! Right up there with the thousand of "He's garbage, a virus but I'll only take 150 mil" posts.

It's not really surprising that toxic abusive behaviour carries over to the stands. There's tons of invective in the countless Pogba threads on here and on SM.
It's your problem and many others. No one has ever complained about his quality. Everyone complains about his mentality, being lazy and inconsistent, but somehow it always gets twisted to people thinking he's a terrible player.

No he's not a terrible player, but for his quality fans simply expect far more of him and think they let them down several times.

Mainoldo

Justified or not, I suppose Pogba is getting a worse treatment than some of our awful players because:

-Left on a free for Juve
-Shown lack of commitment on the pitch
-The fans expect more leadership from him
-Flirted with Madrid
-Controversies under Jose
Nope he’s just the wrong shade. Until this can be proven otherwise by other players we’ve had. I’m going with that.

LJJT

I don’t think he’s a bellend at all and I still believe in him as a player and want him to stay with us cos I think we will be better for it. But I must say, I find his body language and some of the absolutely thick and stupid things he does (such as in this video) really hard to accept and he does his self no favours what so ever when he and the team serve up utter shit like that today. People can say it’s unfair criticism but when your shit accept your shit and be humble and help sort it out

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yeah whilst Rashy, Jones, Lingard get a free pass from match going fans.

Sickening.

Shiva87

Only makes sense to compare with other midfielders - and he's second only to Matic who averaged 11.16km - however Pogba played 600 minutes more.
So he ran more than Ander? Anyway, I hope we can build a good team around him that can bring his best. No WC player can carry a team as poor overall as us. At least he stood there taking the abuse like a honest person.

Alexis and his apology on the other hand - phew, its all because of his injury it seems..

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Why do people constantly act surprised (or play the race card) when Pogba ends up as the lightening rod for criticism of this poxy squad of players?

He was the £100m man. Coming home to put us back up on that fecking perch. Instead, he ended up representing everything that’s rotten at this club. Best paid players in the league showing off fancy haircuts and dance moves on Instagram while relegation candidates outwork and outfight us, week after week after week.

Even his style of play fuels the fires. He may or may not be lazy but he definitely looks lazy with the way he spends so much time walking and so often fails to track back when he’s dispossessed. And when everything goes to shit the very least that fans expect from the team is to put a fecking shift in.

And the cherry on top? Doing the same clumsy flirting with Real Madrid we endured when “CR7” got bored of life in Manchester.

None of this means he isn’t our best player. Or that he’s incapable of playing well. Or even that the criticism is deserved. But it is understandable. Genuinely baffled at how anyone can’t wrap their heads round something so obvious.
this.

fallengt

I wish they had called out Woodward instead. Oh right fans are as much as clueless as the club right now. Perfect match.

WensleyMU

At this point we need to ask, is Pogba irreplaceable?

He's our top scorer and most creative player but our standout result came without Pogba in the team. Is there no player out there who could contribute as much as Pogba?

Regardless, whether he stays or goes, we need another midfielder in the summer.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Nope he’s just the wrong shade. Until this can be proven otherwise by other players we’ve had. I’m going with that.
Anderson was never abused even though he was poor overall and not exactly a top professional and he wasn’t English.

Fletcher was getting abuse and he was an academy player, was as white as you could possibly want.

Park was one of the most loved players by the fans and he was Asian.

Rooney was abused, Giggs at some point.

I don’t know what kind of examples do you want.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
So he ran more than Ander? Anyway, I hope we can build a good team around him that can bring his best. No WC player can carry a team as poor overall as us. At least he stood there taking the abuse like a honest person.

Alexis and his apology on the other hand - phew, its all because of his injury it seems..
Yep ran a considerable amount more than Herrera per match, and played over twice the amount of minutes too.
Not really sure what more he can do considering the lack of talent he's surrounded by.

Sure he was expensive, but he's doing a lot more than other players in the same position as him - who are in better teams (he outscored & out-assisted every liverpool midfielder combined in the league for example, and out-ran them all too on average while playing more minutes) - what more can he alone do?

Loublaze

ATLien
I bet the same fecktards that racially abused Ashley Young would find common ground with the pieces of shit that abused Pogba. Just because race is not explicitly brought up doesn't mean its not a factor in abuse. People are smart enough not to say outright racist things publicly in this so called PC generation.

The Young abuse was sheer frustration boiling over and it exposed the racists behind their keyboards. Where were those fans before and where are they now? They've always been here among us.

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

They do the division by matches played rather than per 90 minutes, counting sub apps as full apps. Eriksen started on the bench more which he was has less minutes. If you do it by per 90 minutes the gap is significant (I think) That said, I’ve had a few beers and the way I’m working it out has Eriksen at 14km per 90 which is surely impossible. 12km + is what you’d expect from a hard working midfielder but I’m sure Bernardo Silva covered the most ground in a game this season at 13.75km or something. My head is pickled admittedly.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Anderson was never abused even though he was poor overall and not exactly a top professional and he wasn’t English.

Fletcher was getting abuse and he was an academy player, was as white as you could possibly want.

Around the PL there are two types of players that gets abused when things don't necessarily go well, skill players and players that are taking the place of a media darling. Players that have the reputation of being grafters will always be supported even if they are bad and not really grafting when the team plays badly. At least that's how I see it, I don't think that racism is that common in these situations.

Mainoldo

Yeah Pogba’s actually talented though and the best player at the club. Unlike the others. It probably doesn’t sit well with some fans.

Hey I could be wrong, just calling it now I see it. Fans too worried about social media when mms tkd them aren’t even on it. I can’t remember the last time I seen him dancing or getting flashy haircuts but yet you’d think he does it every week.

cyberman

Di Maria and Rooney got dogs abuse, why the feck are people playing the race card?

hp88

I have been to OT but not the Stretford end. Ive heard all manner of expletives being yelled, but never seen it anything like this upclose and in a players face.
Thing is he makes himself an easy target with all the shite on social media, he's probably not as bad as some of the others in our squad but at times like this you just keep your head down and crack on with the football.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Around the PL there are two types of players that gets abused when things don't necessarily go well, skill players and players that are taking the place of a media darling. Players that have the reputation of being grafters will always be supported even if they are bad and not really grafting when the team plays badly. At least that's how I see it, I don't think that racism is that common in these situations.
I think you’re absolutely right.

Mainoldo

Thing is he makes himself an easy target with all the shite on social media, he's probably not as bad as some of the others in our squad but at times like this you just keep your head down and crack on with the football.
Easy target? What did he do recently to make himself an ‘easy target’

tanikozo

Hysterical assumptions by some of you trying to make it about race.

lsd

The Oracle
Our top goalscorer and leading in assists all as a midfielder and the fans abuse him. I hate Utd fans at times

Classical Mechanic

I must have missed that, was that this month? Did they abuse Herrera?
You missed that interview before one of the biggest matches of our season followed by a non-stop barrage of Marca articles trying to unsettle him? All the other ‘he wants out’ articles in other newspapers.

I don’t know if any fans abused Hererra. I watched the game at home.