Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oldyella

Yeah, but our changed transfer strategy may still attract the profile of player we are after. AWB and Maguire would still come running to us, hypothetically Lozano would have too. I think Koulibaly would still join us if we had a bid accepted by Napoli.

After that we would definately be in a good position to secure top 4 and build from there.
Hopefully so. A younger hungrier squad would be nice to see. Need to push out some of the dross too, it seems Pogba has got fed up of playing with them and wants out, would rather not have them around as we try and refresh and up our standards.

Patrick08

Him sulking will make it far worse. Turf him out.
Sulk on the bench with a 25% pay cut. We are not a one man team or dont want to be one. We are not stopping him to go the buyer has to meet the price it's them falling short and not showing enough ambition to make it happen.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sulk on the bench with a 25% pay cut. We are not a one man team or dont want to be one. We are not stopping him to go the buyer has to meet the price it's them falling short and not showing enough ambition to make it happen.
He will sulk in the dressing room and spread his influence negatively on others. We have feck all to gain from it.

GoldanoGraham

He wants to leave.....
He always intended to leave after a few years...

Is he really the Messiah that some say?

Did he run the show at Huddersfield?
Or did he go missing (again)?

Look, he’s a good player, really good when surrounded by lots of good players - is he a leader - on the field NO - with Social Media - YES

I think that him leaving will be a case of 1 step back to take 2 steps forward

We need hungry players and we need leadership, let’s publicly tell RM that he can go if you stump up £xxx otherwise he’s not leaving - Woodward needs a bit of the Daniel Levy spine - if other teams really value him then let them pay - if all this going on strike chat materialises then leave him in the reserves.....
Ffs - they want £85m for that old crock Bale....let’s stand our ground while he throws his toys out the pram - not cave in

Patrick08

He will sulk in the dressing room and spread his influence negatively on others. We have feck all to gain from it.
Let him try. Regardless it won't matter much if he does it on lingard or young or mata or matic or jones smalling or lukaku.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Let him try. Regardless it won't matter much if he does it on lingard or young or mata or matic or jones smalling or lukaku.
What are you on about? We are reportedly planning to bring in 4 or more new players and you think its fine to have his sulking influence in the dressing room? Jesus.

SirAF

Ageist
There's still some hope we can convince him to stay. I'm a Manchester United supporter first, Paul Pogba fan second. Even though I completely understand his desire to leave, for our club it's essential that we keep him.

3/3 posts today

Phew.

the chameleon

Exactly. Time we move on from this mess of the past 12 months. Regardless of his performances at times, he’s been a big part of us being held back.

I actually think we might improve if we replaced him with two “lesser” but hard working and team orientated midfielders.

Longstaff and Tielemans.

The problem with every signing we make at the minute is that we have to ask, can he play with or around pogba.

That’s the wrong question.

It should be can they play in our team.

It’s become too much the pogba shoe and will get worse next season with a player who doesn’t want to be here.

Patrick08

What are you on about? We are reportedly planning to bring in 4 or more new players and you think its fine to have his sulking influence in the dressing room? Jesus.
Yes, not everyone is a kid like linagrd and rashford to get negatively influenced by someone when trying to impress the fans.

Again, we are not stopping him, the buyers will be to not meet the market price. It's on him to sulk or be a professional.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I needed to take 24 hours to process these tragic news and I'm still shocked - what's even more shocking is Caf's attitude. Is it sour grapes? Refusing the acknowledge the nightmarish future that awaits us without Paul because he wants out? Or racism/xenophoby?

You can drone about "player power", "team sport", "reliance on single player" all you want, but the fact is that no other team in top 5 leagues relies on their star man as much as Manchester United do (statistically proven). PP wins matches on his own while the supporting cast would struggle to get playing time in U23s of elite clubs, let alone starting XIs. And what does he get in return? Questioning and abuse.

This is a player who led Juventus to countless domestic trophies and a CL final, led France to WC glory. This is a player who can choose between two continental juggernauts, clubs with world class players in every single position (+ some more on the bench) and elite staff in charge of scouting and recruitment. Good enough for them, but a struggling midtable team like us will let him go without a fight? Ridiculous.

We need to offer him a new contract - ASAP. Captaincy - ASAP. Assurances of world class arivals - ASAP. Like it or not, we've become Paul Pogba FC. There isn't a trace of quality left in our team once he's gone.
Amazing :lol:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What a bunch of kneejerk nonsense. McTominay was our most consistent player last season and is only getting better. Pereira still has that bit of Scholes in him that we've yet to see.
Now this is a wum, I like em both but come on. You're proving the man's point.

Gasolin

What a bunch of kneejerk nonsense. McTominay was our most consistent player last season and is only getting better. Pereira still has that bit of Scholes in him that we've yet to see.
Stop it man, I love Scott, but Paul is the one world class player who can win us games if our strikers actually convert their actions so no, Scott is not the most consistent. He's not even good at the same thing as McTominay is more into getting the ball back and conserving it. We should simply not sell Pogba, recruit well, and aim to do a top run at the league this year, re-assess his will to stay or to go next year.

The Nani

Stop it man, I love Scott, but Paul is the one world class player who can win us games if our strikers actually convert their actions so no, Scott is not the most consistent. He's not even good at the same thing as McTominay is more into getting the ball back and conserving it. We should simply not sell Pogba, recruit well, and aim to do a top run at the league this year, re-assess his will to stay or to go next year.
McTominay was much more consistent in doing what he does whereas Pogba was average to shit for most of the season with a few brilliant performances sprinkled in.

I don’t know why this is so hard to understand.

USREDEVIL

I'm scratching my head a bit on this. When Pogba responded to a question about Real Madrid toward the end of the season saying it is a dream move, or whatever, Ole supposedly took him aside and talked to him about his future at United. Then Ole claimed that "we're fine" and "there's no issue" and even explained a bit on his behalf. I suppose that was either BS or Pogba just told him what he wanted to hear?

Also how are Real Madrid going to pay for him considering the amount of money they've already spent? And he's taking a paycut? Bonkers. Not sure if Juventus can afford either. PSG? What a step down that would be in my mind, but ok...

The Nani

Your form last season where you tailed off and reverted to type after the honeymoon period certainly suggests so.
Our pressing after Ole took over masked a host of deficiencies. Once players began getting injured and we began sitting back we tailed off dramatically. Pogba downing tools didn’t help either.

It was obvious but I wouldn’t expect Glaston’s little brother to see it.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I'm scratching my head a bit on this. When Pogba responded to a question about Real Madrid toward the end of the season saying it is a dream move, or whatever, Ole supposedly took him aside and talked to him about his future at United. Then Ole claimed that "we're fine" and "there's no issue" and even explained a bit on his behalf. I suppose that was either BS or Pogba just told him what he wanted to hear?

Also how are Real Madrid going to pay for him considering the amount of money they've already spent? And he's taking a paycut? Bonkers. Not sure if Juventus can afford either. PSG? What a step down that would be in my mind, but ok...
From what I remember Real Madrid didn't spend much money in summer for couple years. So they may have money if they can ship out Bale and James.

USREDEVIL

From what I remember Real Madrid didn't spend much money in summer for couple years. So they may have money if they can ship out Bale and James.
Bale is on a United-style contract - no chance. James who? Just kidding, but seriously who wants him anymore? Won't get much. I can only imagine Juve doing a deal.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes, not everyone is a kid like linagrd and rashford to get negatively influenced by someone when trying to impress the fans.

Again, we are not stopping him, the buyers will be to not meet the market price. It's on him to sulk or be a professional.
They are kids. They're 19 and 21 and can be influenced by a big brand player like Pogba. You don't want him potentially souring the dressing room. Why keep him? You won't get the money you want for him next year. You might as well sell for max value now.

Gandalf

Allegedly Bayern are interested in a loan deal for Bale but not sure how much truth there is in that. I have only seen it reported in the Sun and it is just as likely they are being fed nonsense by Real to encourage Ed to look at Bale. If we do any kind of deal with Real involving players coming this way I would hope we only consider it for Varane and possibly Isco and unless it is both they would have to add significant cash to the deal for us to say yes.

buchansleftleg

I think we should get in replacements now and fine him 2 weeks wages for his comments.

Point out to him further instances will be a further fine and loss of loyalty bonuses due.

Ask him if his agent will be recompensing his loss of earnings from his own agents fees.

If he doesn't want to stay he can shut up and perform like CR7 did and he'll generate real interest and a good fee.

If he carries on griping he should be disciplined. He signed a contract. He's not lived up to it.

Patrick08

They are kids. They're 19 and 21 and can be influenced by a big brand player like Pogba. You don't want him potentially souring the dressing room. Why keep him? You won't get the money you want for him next year. You might as well sell for max value now.
That's what you like to think, Ed Woodward is every bit of clown while buying but not while selling. He ain't going anywhere until an extortionate bid comes in to the point of becoming second most expensive player in the world.

Last edited:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I needed to take 24 hours to process these tragic news and I'm still shocked - what's even more shocking is Caf's attitude. Is it sour grapes? Refusing the acknowledge the nightmarish future that awaits us without Paul because he wants out? Or racism/xenophoby?

You can drone about "player power", "team sport", "reliance on single player" all you want, but the fact is that no other team in top 5 leagues relies on their star man as much as Manchester United do (statistically proven). PP wins matches on his own while the supporting cast would struggle to get playing time in U23s of elite clubs, let alone starting XIs. And what does he get in return? Questioning and abuse.

This is a player who led Juventus to countless domestic trophies and a CL final, led France to WC glory. This is a player who can choose between two continental juggernauts, clubs with world class players in every single position (+ some more on the bench) and elite staff in charge of scouting and recruitment. Good enough for them, but a struggling midtable team like us will let him go without a fight? Ridiculous.

We need to offer him a new contract - ASAP. Captaincy - ASAP. Assurances of world class arivals - ASAP. Like it or not, we've become Paul Pogba FC. There isn't a trace of quality left in our team once he's gone.
:lol: jesus mate

King Eric 7

Loan him to RM for £20m with an obligation to buy for £130m next year, sign replacements and move on. It doesn't seem like they can afford him this year so I'd give them a loan to get him out of our club. I just don't think he's got the integrity to put his all into playing for us when his head has been turned.

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
Our pressing after Ole took over masked a host of deficiencies. Once players began getting injured and we began sitting back we tailed off dramatically. Pogba downing tools didn’t help either.

It was obvious but I wouldn’t expect Glaston’s little brother to see it.
So you're just proving my point really then.

Who or what is Glaston's little brother? :D

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's what you like to think, Ed Woodward is every bit of clown while buying but not while selling. He ain't going anywhere until an extortionate bid comes in to the point of becoming second most expensive player in the world.
What you on about? Ed has done a terrible job in selling players for good money. We hardly ever make a profit on our players.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Your form last season where you tailed off and reverted to type after the honeymoon period certainly suggests so.
Our form towards the end of the season just gone was only as poor as Tottenhams.

Giggsyking

Then you get your players who run all over the pitch and produce feck all.
You do know he is a midfielder, and shouldn't on the list, he is not a GK ffs. If he is sulking on the pitch because other teammates dont produce, then he should not be at the club.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Agree with that but not sure how that alters my point?
Our poor form doesn't mean that our good form wasn't impressive, same with your own team.
It doesn't alter your point, it disproves it entirely.

Walters_19_MuFc

You do know he is a midfielder, and shouldn't on the list, he is not a GK ffs. If he is sulking on the pitch because other teammates dont produce, then he should not be at the club.
I know he's a midfielder, and also know that there's defensive midfielders or supposed 'combative' midfielders on that list, i.e. Lemina, Arter, etc. Difference is, Pogba trumps those in the creativity department.

That said, I don't condone it, and would definitely need to improve if he's to be here next season.

Eddy_JukeZ

Him and Raiola are both embarrassing.

If he wants to leave, he could have made those comments privately instead of at a sponsored event.

wollex

Him and Raiola are both embarrassing.

If he wants to leave, he could have made those comments privately instead of at a sponsored event.
I get that, but what the fans has been doing to him, do you blame him. I really don't see next season been a good one for us.

Giggsyking

I get that, but what the fans has been doing to him, do you blame him. I really don't see next season been a good one for us.
What did the fans do to him? one man shouted at him at the last match of the season after sulking for about 3 months?
Let him sulk in Madrid for one game and he will see with his own eyes how nasty the fans can be.