Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

poleglass red

I think that it will be the same as with Cristiano. We will make a deal with him to stay this season, he will do everything to bring us back in CL and then we will allow him to leave for decent price. Maybe we even offer him wage rise
Problem there is, Zidane will get sacked asap if results don't go there way. Ronaldo was a one off, any manager would want him. Pogba although talented wouldn't be every managers cup of tea. Even within our own fanbase, the views go from ridiculous to sublime. Ronaldo didn't have that range of views. I think Real need a name after there disastrous preseason form, they will come in late for him.

Gasolin

Mctominay seems like a nice kid, he just doesn’t have the ability nor creativity.
I think he will step up for real this season. He is able to spot a through pass to open up space, he is able to not lose the ball even against 3 players, I think he's going to surprise us and will be a fantastic new addition in the midfield. Mentally, he is strong.

Gasolin

I remember a few years back, a young Juventus supporter asked him the same question, also got a large grin and a Juve shirt signed....and we all know that he signed for United a week later..!
Hahaha but hopefully, Ole can convince Pogba. I think United needs him, and if we can add creativity, it will be a very interesting team.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hahaha but hopefully, Ole can convince Pogba. I think United needs him, and if we can add creativity, it will be a very interesting team.
As things currently stand, we cannot possibly do without Pogba, he is the only source of creativity we have despite his inconsistency.
If he goes and we don't bring in adequate replacements we will be royally screwed.

wolvored

if we get the 150 mill and can get SMS and Fernandez for the same amount, even if we had to pay another10- 20 mill extra, I would go for it. I don't think his heart will be in staying and then we will have more of the erratic play which is no good to us

Sveinp

Supports
He should think twice before joining RM. Dark skies are looming. Zidane is clueless and the RM fans just love a scapegoat dont they?. Paul isnt really wanted by their fans so he'll fit the bill perfectly. Dont see them winning to many trophies soon. Barca always win the league and the CH. L is complicated..

Gasolin

if we get the 150 mill and can get SMS and Fernandez for the same amount, even if we had to pay another10- 20 mill extra, I would go for it. I don't think his heart will be in staying and then we will have more of the erratic play which is no good to us
Everyone has already said Pogba is not that kind of player, so let's not say that. I am sure if we can convince him to stay, with the new system, it will be a very interesting season.

wolvored

Everyone has already said Pogba is not that kind of player, so let's not say that. I am sure if we can convince him to stay, with the new system, it will be a very interesting season.
he was last season he drifted from very good to awful in games

He'sRaldo

he was last season he drifted from very good to awful in games
Why do people say this? He was awful in like 3 or 4 games max, and that's being generous. And even then how do we know it's down to motivation?

MUFC OK

Don't think we can afford to let him go. Not this season. We need to be adding to what we have and 2 cm's from outside the league could spell disaster for us.

Judas

Open to offers
Don't believe he's leaving, doesn't make any sense how Real suddenly have the money to pay what we desire when they've not shifted the players you would think they'd need to shift to gather funds.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He should think twice before joining RM. Dark skies are looming. Zidane is clueless and the RM fans just love a scapegoat dont they?. Paul isnt really wanted by their fans so he'll fit the bill perfectly. Dont see them winning to many trophies soon. Barca always win the league and the CH. L is complicated..
You mean the guy who won the CL three times in a row?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fake news. The Sun made it up as usual, otherwise Marca would have had the info first with something this big.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Real are still in the same situation whereby they need to sell before they can buy and they've just announced that two of their sellable assets (Bales and James) are staying

Sveinp

Supports
You mean the guy who won the CL three times in a row?
Well. Clueless was a strong word and an exaggeration. Still, living in Spain , i know that many RM fans doubt Zidanes qualities as a manager. Not to mention the press. There is still the doubt that those titles were really down to the great players rather than Zidanes' coaching abilities. Tiene una flor en el culo ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Posh Red

Strange that some seem genuinely excited by the prospect of us selling our most productive/influential player of last season. Hope he stays for one more season to be honest when we might be better prepared for his exit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Strange that some seem genuinely excited by the prospect of us selling our most productive/influential player of last season. Hope he stays for one more season to be honest when we might be better prepared for his exit.
They're practically giddy. They'll also be the first to switch off when they deem us boring with a Matic/Mctominay midfield.

FrenchRed

If we have an offer of ~145M, I'd take it - if we can bring in Fernandez and SMS in replacement, I think we'd very much be in a positive situation in terms of the overall team. Really hope the news is true as it's never good to have an unhappy or non-committed player around the place.

Sanchez next please.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
£145m is fair. Shame, if true. We really needed some of the replacements in earlier if we're selling now.

Jimmy_Bond

I might be in the minority but given his inconsistency, if I had to choose between keeping Pogba and signing no other midfielders or selling him and signing SMS and Fernandes then I'd be letting Pogba live his dream of being coached by Zidane for three months before his inevitable sacking.

If the club have already negotiated fees for those players before receiving the Pogba money but whilst knowing that he was in fact leaving, then whisper it quietly, but it's a job well done.

Having said that, ideal scenario is that he stays and Fernandes signs.

Mainoldo

If we have an offer of ~145M, I'd take it - if we can bring in Fernandez and SMS in replacement, I think we'd very much be in a positive situation in terms of the overall team. Really hope the news is true as it's never good to have an unhappy or non-committed player around the place.

Sanchez next please.
Just some quick maths. With SMS costing £80m and Fernandes being quoted at £70m. Madrid are still a couple mill short.

FrenchRed

Just some quick maths. With SMS costing £80m and Fernandes being quoted at £70m. Madrid are still a couple mill short.
I'm sure Ed can find 10m or so down the back of the sofa. Or he can use the Ronaldo money

dev1l

Fake news. The Sun made it up as usual, otherwise Marca would have had the info first with something this big.
Daily Mail had a same story quoting Sport - which isn't the most reliable either.
It remains to be seen where Real will get the money from...
Not to mention that United can refuse the offer or the fax can.break.down too if they leave it for the last minute loll

RedDevilRoshi

Two minds about this deal if it was to happen.

My biggest concern is that we don’t have a player in midfield that is anywhere near as talented as Pogba. The things he can do on the ball, no one else presently in our midfield could do. The player(s) rumoured to be coming in as his replacements if we were to sell him, (SMS & Bruno Fernandes) I don’t know much about as I don’t watch the Italian & Portuguese leagues. Therefore can’t state whether they are good enough to replace him.

On the other hand, if his heart isn’t here and he wants the move then is it much point keeping a player that really doesn’t want to be here? For me, he has been a bit of a let down as we know how really talented he is but very infrequently shows it on a consistent basis. One match, he’d be running the show in the midfield and stick out like a sore thumb as the best player on the park. The next he’d play as if he couldn’t give two monkeys and have players as small as Raheem Sterling out-jumping him in the air to win a header.

Redcy

Trouble is unless we have deals in place for Bruno and A.N. Other we will get screwed on those deals. So we will sell PP for 150m and end up with maybe Bruno for 90m to replace him.

Litch

Me neither and would sooner then roll the dice on players to a league that finds people out very quickly. Some fans haven't had the patience with Lindelof or Fred after one season and even some have been negative towards James who's only kicked a ball in pre-season. Hard to tell at the moment but can't see how Real will get around FFP especially with Bale is on the wage bill...

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This bid story makes no sense at all - they've failed to offload their big earners and now suddenly have near on £150m for Pogba. I'm not buying it

redshaw

Can believe Madrid would eventually make the bid and I'd think that would be about enough so we'll probably see some signings soon for United.

UncleBob

Can believe Madrid would eventually make the bid and I'd think that would be about enough so we'll probably see some signings soon for United.
They'll bid feck all until they know that it'll be accepted, and we've told them we're not interested in Bale and we're not interested in selling Pogba this summer.

rotherham_red

Where has all this talk come from? A Daily Heil report via Sport, who are a Barca paper, who in turn said they quoted Sun who haven't said anything? fecking hell you lot are gullible as anything to believe that... What's next, a Nigerian prince wants to deposit $6m into your account?

Red Rash

I think we need to consider a couple of things if Real are really going to bid €145 million.

First we would need to be confident of getting two midfielders for the same price or so. If the rumours of Savic and Fernandes are true then that's a pretty decent trade off.

If we are unable to adequately replace him I think we should keep him for one more season. As it's a Euro year next summer, I'm pretty sure he will play his best and if France win the Euros there is a decent chance to sell him for even more next summer

AJ Bullet

There just doesnt seem enough time for all this to happen, unless he goes part way through August which is really going to be a kick in the teeth after the season starts. What a mess.