Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Le Red

Well. Clueless was a strong word and an exaggeration. Still, living in Spain , i know that many RM fans doubt Zidanes qualities as a manager. Not to mention the press. There is still the doubt that those titles were really down to the great players rather than Zidanes' coaching abilities. Tiene una flor en el culo ?
Real Madrid fans will always whine about something, even when they are winning everything.
Before Zidane they had a lot of star squads and hyped up managers who failed to win one single UCL, let alone three in a row.

Sveinp

Supports
Real Madrid fans will always whine about something, even when they are winning everything.
Before Zidane they had a lot of star squads and hyped up managers who failed to win one single UCL, let alone three in a row.
True. They are whiners. Point was that if Pogba goes to win trophies i think the timing might be wrong. Like an overweight Hazard is about to find out. Barca domination domestically will continue imo not to mention Athletico .

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pogba will not move this summer, we've procrastinated all summer in getting a CB and at least one CM, what we're suddenly going to sell another and replace him as well all with 10 days left of the window? :lol:

Real have left it too late now

DoomSlayer

True. They are whiners. Point was that if Pogba goes to win trophies i think the timing might be wrong. Like an overweight Hazard is about to find out. Barca domination domestically will continue imo not to mention Athletico .
Is it true Hazard was 7 kg heavier than what he was supposed to be when reporting for pre-season? He does seem chubby from the few photos I've seen of him in a Real Madrid shirt.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You must have watched a different Pogba to everyone else
Yet was still our best player all season.

You can spout all the pogba crap that you want but it doesn’t change we will still miss him.

Morpheus 7

Him and the pizza man have gone very quiet, think we are waiting for Real to put through this deal and then SMS and Fernandes. The waiting and silence from Pogba and Mino is strange.

AneRu

Him and the pizza man have gone very quiet, think we are waiting for Real to put through this deal and then SMS and Fernandes. The waiting and silence from Pogba and Mino is strange.
Agree with this, it's possible that the clubs have spoken and agreed on a fee that Real are making moves to raise. The smoke around Bruno Fernandes is too much for it to be just fake interest and seemingly there is no other club still in for him. I think both moves could happen as I don't think Mino and Pogba would take being denied a move lying down.

Mr Smith

I don't see how Madrid can stump up the cash for both our valuation and Pogba's wages without getting at least one of James or Bale off their books.

If Real do get him I'm going to need someone to explain to me how it was financially possible.

meninred

all indications are he is gonna stay here for atleast another year.
All is not lost for the other clubs. ( Madrid or any other club have a chance next year to buy him)

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Honestly I don’t want to lose Pogba. But if we do end losing up and if we sign Bruno Fernandes and Savic with that money then I ll be happy.

Judas

Open to offers
Pogba will not move this summer, we've procrastinated all summer in getting a CB and at least one CM, what we're suddenly going to sell another and replace him as well all with 10 days left of the window? :lol:

Real have left it too late now
Yep and baffled people are getting sucked into the story at this point. Maybe it’s that desperate need for something to muppet over and people think if he goes we’ll bring some big players in.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I see a guy we spent a world record fee on who has played consistently well for 2 months in 3 years. I couldn't care less about asinine stats like 'number of take ons' and 'dribbles completed.' He's been a flop.

Then there's trying to engineer a move to Barca after two seasons, having his agent offer him to Man City and now, once again, trying to force a move.
How about stats like assists and goals scored? Scholes in his output-wise best season (02/03) had 17 goals and 6 assists in the league, CL and FA cup. Pogba last season had 16 goals and 11 assists while being a 'flop' as you put it. As for moves away, Rooney did that. Ronaldo did that. Why is it different when Pogba's agent wants him to move to a clearly better setup? As for the man himself, Pogba has been described very positively by his own teammates, they all like him and paint him very differently from the tabloids.

It's not Pogba's ability mate, it's the fact that our £90m 'star player' clearly doesnt want to be here, clearly didn't want to here for the remaining part of last season and if we keep him against his wishes we're wasting another season - because we dont have ANYONE else in midfield capable of creativity. So it's either cash in and bring in some creativity or put up with a non-existent midfield this season yet again.
If he really didn't want to be here, him and his agent would have made a lot more noise by now. He's doing to us what CR7 did to RM every summer - keep milking the fact that he's their best player and get new contracts and assurances season after season. Sure, if the right offer comes in, he'll leave - but if he starts the season with us, I'm confident he'll be professional enough to give his best and convinced that even if he is below his best, that's still a higher level of output we could have from any alternative. Yes, I know the games where he'd get frustrated and give up, but I also remember the rarer ones like City where he could simply be a force of nature.

Because what he has done for France is completely irrelevant to club football, he is a club record fee and a very talented player........and bar two months, has been at worst awful and at best good in 70% of the games he has played for us.

I hate the fact we spent so much on Lukaku who was never going to be a great striker for us in my mind when we signed him, Pogba could have been a great player for us, but regardless of those around him he has been nowhere near bar the odd false dawn.

You say a once in a generation talent yet look at our best cm Keane, Robson, Scholes, he doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as any of them, not even Ince. All fantastic players FOR US and remember Robson was surrounded by mediocre players most of his career too.

So I am more surprised people talk positively about Pogba when he is a record fee and a hugely talented player.....that has been generally pretty damn average for us for the vast majority of his time here
Is the record fee his fault? We're paying higher wages to Sanchez and De Gea at the moment, so he's not even our highest earner.

Yes, he's performed below his potential, and still had 27 goals+assists last season. What if he give him the right forwards ahead of him, and a better midfield around him? What if we manage to get him closer to his potential? If that is what a 'damn average' player can do, I'd like to see above average from him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Agree with this, it's possible that the clubs have spoken and agreed on a fee that Real are making moves to raise. The smoke around Bruno Fernandes is too much for it to be just fake interest and seemingly there is no other club still in for him. I think both moves could happen as I don't think Mino and Pogba would take being denied a move lying down.
What ? What could they do but to accept it and try it again a few months later ?

Football Scout

Gotta say that I feel bad for Pogba. He is clearly our most talented player, but the players around him are trash.

For Juventus he had Vidal/Pirlo/Marchisio around him.

For France he has Kante/Matuidi around him.

These sorts of players are those that do the dirty work and also ones that control the game for him.

At Man United the best run was when he played with Herrera and a much energised Matic. The players in midfield he has to play alongside are a much poorer bunch. Fellaini/Fred/McTominay/Pereira etc.

Most of these players wouldn’t get on the bench for Juventus/France. It’s sad but I can see why he wants to leave (e.g. 1st PSG game when he got swamped). I’d be doing the same.

The media also has an agenda against him as he is blamed for everything bad that happens.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

PAUL POGBA ... He's a new player of the
@RealMadrid
arrives at the merengue club at the rate of 165M which are divided into 130M + 35M in variables. It arrives in condition of TOP player and salary of 12M per year. Clubs will be official soon.

DoomSlayer

@RealMadrid
arrives at the merengue club at the rate of 165M which are divided into 130M + 35M in variables. It arrives in condition of TOP player and salary of 12M per year. Clubs will be official soon.
This has to be a wind up, surely?

Kostov

@RealMadrid
Imagine us selling Pogba 10 days before the season starts? Feck off, I wouldn't be surprised by our incompetent management though.

Godfather

@RealMadrid
Yeah sure. Who the feck is that guy?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
All the Savic links have said it depends on Pogba leaving... I really hope not but it is not looking good

The Bloody-Nine

How about stats like assists and goals scored? Scholes in his output-wise best season (02/03) had 17 goals and 6 assists in the league, CL and FA cup. Pogba last season had 16 goals and 11 assists while being a 'flop' as you put it. As for moves away, Rooney did that. Ronaldo did that. Why is it different when Pogba's agent wants him to move to a clearly better setup? As for the man himself, Pogba has been described very positively by his own teammates, they all like him and paint him very differently from the tabloids.

If he really didn't want to be here, him and his agent would have made a lot more noise by now. He's doing to us what CR7 did to RM every summer - keep milking the fact that he's their best player and get new contracts and assurances season after season. Sure, if the right offer comes in, he'll leave - but if he starts the season with us, I'm confident he'll be professional enough to give his best and convinced that even if he is below his best, that's still a higher level of output we could have from any alternative. Yes, I know the games where he'd get frustrated and give up, but I also remember the rarer ones like City where he could simply be a force of nature.

Is the record fee his fault? We're paying higher wages to Sanchez and De Gea at the moment, so he's not even our highest earner.

Yes, he's performed below his potential, and still had 27 goals+assists last season. What if he give him the right forwards ahead of him, and a better midfield around him? What if we manage to get him closer to his potential? If that is what a 'damn average' player can do, I'd like to see above average from him.
Six league goals from open play and nine assists? A world record fee doesn't get you much these days. And this is his BEST season for us? Yeah, he's been a flop.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
The only positive thing to say is that the team put forward it’s ‘best’ performance without Pogba in the team, which was against PSG. Logic however would tell you that selling your most creative and productive midfielder isnt the best thing to do. Shame it didnt work out as many thought, but many already had that idea that Pogba would return for a few years before Madrid or Barcelona would pick him up. In the end, no player is bigger then the club and United managed to win (a) premierleague title(s) after cr7 left, which many also deemed (rightfully so) as irrecplaceable.

However, the fact that there is still ‘deadwood’ in the team who havent been sold before your best player raises legitimate question marks.

adam118

@RealMadrid
We will see if he plays today....

Hamadovich86

The league starts in like 10 days yeah? Not the brightest idea to sell our BEST player in such a short time. Even if we get a replacement, if they do not gel immediately our season could be over before it begins.

Kostov

If we were to sell Pogba it should have been done by now, if we do it this late, then it's the most stupid thing we could have done, and there goes our season.

DoomSlayer

The league starts in like 10 days yeah? Not the brightest idea to sell our BEST player in such a short time. Even if we get a replacement, if they do not gel immediately our season could be over before it begins.
If we were to sell Pogba it should have been done by now, if we do it this late, then it's the most stupid thing we could have done, and there goes our season.
Agree with both. At this point I'd only take around £200 million for Pogba. We are insane if we sell for less now.

Judas

Open to offers
Exactly why I’m not buying it. We had the option to put this to bed and sell him ages ago, we didn’t. He’s played all pre season and seems key to the side Ole is creating.

Shark

@NotShark
I personally think our season is fecked rather he stays or goes. We simply haven’t gone enough.

RedDevilUnited369

@RealMadrid

I knew this was coming...I think that's top 4 hopes definitely gone..might be somewhere between 6th-10th.

SER19

How credible is this randomer? Taking it as gospel before a single mainstream source?

If he is gone now it's the most Woodward move ever. Sell 10 days before window shuts when world knows we're rich and desperate for a fee around the same as hazard for a more marketable player with 3 years on his deal

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Without a doubt this, even if we get new players, clubs will fleece and we'll need time we cannot afford to lose for them to gel and get used to the team. If we do this at this point of the summer then I'm writing the season off already.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
When we see tweet about us signing player then we all say "BS", but when some random unknown guy drops something which we don't like then it is true:confused:

Pogba is staying. We will not sell our main player in the last days of transfer window

AJ Bullet

Would probably nuke our chances of landing Dybala if Pogba were to leave, no way he would want to come if his best mate was leaving before he even got here.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

This guy posted this when someone questioned his reliablity.

redshaw

We could've said to Paul a while ago if Real come back with a reasonable bid you can go but you train and play for now. The tour would've been important to United.

Madrid will want to keep Zizou happy so I can see they'll come back with a big bid. We probably have a few irons in the fire.

If he's not playing tonight, should be a decent indication a deal is in progress.