Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zlatattack

I hope he stays and we build around him. It's not his fault the rest of the midfield is rubbish.

If you have to defend against Manchester United all you have to do is double up on Pogba, sit deep, keep compact and focus on the right hand side of your defence (blocking our left). We have no threat left. Herrera and Matic provide no creativity and our RHS is impotent in attack.

Then you break on the counter. Our left hand side will be pushed up and our right hand side is weak, so take your pick.

Patrick08

I hope he stays and we build around him. It's not his fault the rest of the midfield is rubbish.

If you have to defend against Manchester United all you have to do is double up on Pogba, sit deep, keep compact and focus on the right hand side of your defence (blocking our left). We have no threat left. Herrera and Matic provide no creativity and our RHS is impotent in attack.

Then you break on the counter. Our left hand side will be pushed up and our right hand side is weak, so take your pick.
He is going no where this season. Although his attitude shows that he isn't interested playing any other position than 10 where ole used him in those games when he excelled.

It's crucial we get the midfield base behind him.

MetoTTT

It really is amazing how Mourinho brainwashed people into disliking him.
I don't dislike him at all (not a fanboy either). He could be a world class player for us and hope he will. We have to build a competitive team and convince him to stay with the right attitude (France NT) but it seems (not sure) he's desperate to leave. If that's the case, we have to let him go for the right money. As many on here, I'm worried we don't have a plan and we keep overpaying for players who don't fin in our system (if we have one...) and/or don't want/deserve to play here.

POF

I'd love for Pogba to stay but not to "build the team around him". He doesn't have the consistency or mentality to have that key a role in how the team performs.

He could be one of the best central midfield players to ever play the game and I still think it's his best position. It forces him to simplify his game and cut out the nonsense.

In the more offensive role he prefers, he just needs to be one of the key men rather than the key man. The club needs more talent to be able to perform without him rather than build around him.

Whether it is possible economically or due to Pogba's character to keep him as one of the best players rather than the star is the question. Others need to be the "go to" players and drive the culture. He'll never be the leader the club needs him to be.

Patrick08

At this point I am more worried about de gea running his contact down than pogba leaving. Madrid ain't paying the price and he is going no where.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
If only he could win every game on his own, then we wouldn't need any one else. Maybe a goalkeeper?

It's the same reason people criticise Messi for Argentina, why can't he win the whole thing on his own?

If you don't have the support you need, you can't do it all on your own. He was still teeing up Rashford with some great balls over the top, but Rashford started to fluff his lines, and stopped controlling the ball and putting it in the back of the net.

He needs a few more WC players around him, Griezmann would make a big difference, for example.

Reddy Rederson

And no other midfielder has done better. Im pretty sure he's created more chances than anyone else overall, not just big chances. He has more key passes per game than both those guys and than anyone else on the team as per whoscored
It’s still whatsboutsim. You’re argument would have merit if we were talking about selling pogba and no one else. You seem to have a thing about McT. Why you’re comparing a young guy that just broke into the team with a world class midfielder is quite baffling. Pogba isn’t as bad as others, doesn’t account for the fact that he’s supposed to better. Much better in fact. And no you’re saying he created more chances, when that’s not true at all. Big chances are all the matter. Anyone can get the ball into a danger area. The fact that young has one less big chance created says all you need to know considering his career is running on fumes. Then the next thing is “those around him are shit”. Fair enough, but that doesn’t excuse individual performances. Which have been for the most part, awful.

Loublaze

ATLien
It’s still whatsboutsim. You’re argument would have merit if we were talking about selling pogba and no one else. You seem to have a thing about McT. Why you’re comparing a young guy that just broke into the team with a world class midfielder is quite baffling. Pogba isn’t as bad as others, doesn’t account for the fact that he’s supposed to better. Much better in fact. And no you’re saying he created more chances, when that’s not true at all. Big chances are all the matter. Anyone can get the ball into a danger area. The fact that young has one less big chance created says all you need to know considering his career is running on fumes. Then the next thing is “those around him are shit”. Fair enough, but that doesn’t excuse individual performances. Which have been for the most part, awful.
You expect a player to be great when he has dross around him? You wouldnt expect even Ronaldo to shine in this United team consistently, but more whataboutsim right? Pogba is still United's best player and performer hands down

Reddy Rederson

If only he could win every game on his own, then we wouldn't need any one else. Maybe a goalkeeper?

It's the same reason people criticise Messi for Argentina, why can't he win the whole thing on his own?

If you don't have the support you need, you can't do it all on your own. He was still teeing up Rashford with some great balls over the top, but Rashford started to fluff his lines, and stopped controlling the ball and putting it in the back of the net.

He needs a few more WC players around him, Griezmann would make a big difference, for example.
No one is saying he should do it on his own. People are talking about his individual performances. Unless you’re suggesting that Sanchez would be better with the support of better players? Or Rashford? Or Jlingz? Or Matic? Or young? You get the idea. Pogba, like everyone else, should not need world class players around them to do the basics on a regular basis.

Reddy Rederson

You expect a player to be great when he has dross around him? You wouldnt expect even Ronaldo to shine in this United team consistently, but more whataboutsim right? Pogba is still United's best player and performer hands down
I dont expect him to shine, I expect him to put in the work. He’s not doing that. Unless you think repeatedly standing around ball watching is acceptable? The most recent example creating a goal for the opponent. He’s playing like he doesn’t want to be here. No point in him being here if he doesn’t want to be.

Patrick08

I dont expect him to shine, I expect him to put in the work. He’s not doing that. Unless you think repeatedly standing around ball watching is acceptable? The most recent example creating a goal for the opponent. He’s playing like he doesn’t want to be here. No point in him being here if he doesn’t want to be.
He was playing like he wanted to give a signal to the manager. Play me at 10 like at the start of interim period as manager. That's my best position and that's where i am happy as a player.

Patrick08

So a selfish prick not playing for the team but himself? Sounds like captain material :rolleyes:
Not a capt material for me. Well known he switches off without the ball and ain't a dependable team man in that sense. Best to play as a 10 till he is here, hoping those period of 10-12 games can last whole season. With a proper base behind him.

Loublaze

ATLien
Isn't he the same player who came closest to scoring against Huddersfield by hitting the bar twice and creating the most chances? But sure, lets sell him, im sure McTominay and Longstaff will do just fine replacing him as they are fine British players, hard workers and all

Reddy Rederson

Not a capt material for me. Well known he switches off without the ball and ain't a dependable team man in that sense. Best to play as a 10 till he is here, hoping those period of 10-12 games can last whole season. With a proper base behind him.
Or, and this is just a wild suggestion, he does as he’s told by the manager and does his best with the job he’s got? It’s unconventional but I think it could work.

Reddy Rederson

Isn't he the same player who came closest to scoring against Huddersfield by hitting the bar twice and creating the most chances? But sure, lets sell him, im sure McTominay and Longstaff will do just fine replacing him as they are fine British players, hard workers and all
Oh, he hit the post twice against Huddersfield? Well, shit. Why didn’t you say so? That’s some hardcore world class shit right there. :rolleyes:

Loublaze

ATLien
Oh, he hit the post twice against Huddersfield? Well, shit. Why didn’t you say so? That’s some hardcore world class shit right there. :rolleyes:
Im looking at the positives in his final games while you only see the negatives and repeatedly fecking criticize him for them exclusively.

Patrick08

he does as he’s told by the manager and does his best with the job he’s got? It’s unconventional but I think it could work.
Looks best at 10 than left side of 3 or a deep lying pivot. His best at any other position than 10 leaves us wanting so much more and i don't expect it to change. It's unconventional and i don't think what you said will work for whole season consistently.

Reddy Rederson

Keep hating our best player man, if it makes you happy
Its not about me. It’s about him. You have nothing but straw arguments and whataboutisms to defend his performances. Is that the world class player we need? Someone who’s world class when he feels like it? How’s that work? It doesn’t, we can’t depend on him. So if we can get a feck ton of money for him now, let’s grab it before his contract runs out and he walks away for free again.

Reddy Rederson

Looks best at 10 than left side of 3 or a deep lying pivot. His best at any other position than 10 leaves us wanting so much more and i don't expect it to change. It's unconventional and i don't think what you said will work for whole season consistently.
Then it doesn’t work. But what really really doesn’t work, is a player second guessing a manager. If the managers idea are shit it will show and he’ll be gone. But he still deserves to have the players follow his instructions as best they can. He is after all the one who ultimately pays the price for failure.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Football is team play. Don’t forget that he’s on the PFA team of the year and he still deserved to be there.

Can’t expect him to do everything by himself with other players around him played like crap. When RVP was at our club, he had Carrick & Rooney. When Rooney was with us in 2010 he had Carrick, Giggs, Rio, Vidic & Evra.

Pogba has Herrera at best in our squad (exclude our keeper), the rest are below top class or below the level of consistent player.

If he wants to stay then it’s good thing as long as we add 2 or 3 top players to our squad at least. Im sure he will looks even much better as a player.

If he leaves then we need to use the money properly to get 2 top players plus another 2 top players from our budget. That’s also if Real is willing to pay the demand that we want (I expect minimum £150m if Hazard cost £130m with a year left in his contract).

They probably prefer to wait until next season when his contract only a year left.

deleon

Runours of madrid interest in players swap for pogba....who would you take? (Yes i know swaps rarely go through)

Varane +£40m?
Varane + isco?
Carvahal + isco?
Straight swap for Navas and Bale. But we fail to meet Bale's initial wage demands, so deal changed to Navas, James Rodriguez plus £20M.

We cash in on De Gea and then spend the summer courting wingers. On transfer deadline day, we bid £80M plus add-ons for Bale and offer to match his current contract.

In: Navas, Rodriguez and Bale
Out: Pogba and De Gea

The new signings hold a sarcastic joint press conference, and roll their eyes as they declare joining the club as a dream come true.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Same as you know, if he does. His body language and performances tell me he doesn't. What's your excuse.
What does that even mean?

By your parameters, no one wants to be here. :houllier:

If you had to play with the dross he has to play with, constantly called out for your performances, despite clearly being the best we have, criticised by everyone outside the club, who has an opinion.

Wouldn't blame him if he did leave.

Bestietom

What does that even mean?

By your parameters, no one wants to be here. :houllier:

If you had to play with the dross he has to play with, constantly called out for your performances, despite clearly being the best we have, criticised by everyone outside the club, who has an opinion.

Wouldn't blame him if he did leave.
Hope he does. Rather have a player who gives 110% every game than be so inconsistent and lazy as him.

AlexUTD

One of the most defining moments for me this season was on the last day when a few of our own supporters were giving Pogba shiet. First of all this is a team sport why single out Pogba?? almost the whole team was terrible! Pogba isnt a Keane type of player who can yell at the others and they will listen. Everyone was scared of Keane, no player in our squad at this moment has this fear factor sadly. Hence lack of leaders/captains.

Bestietom

Who gives 100% in every game? Who will we have left?
I will give you that, mate. Not many of the existing team, which is why we need to get rid of the deadwood and hope that who we bring in will do it for us, as well as Ole and Phelan getting the best out of them next season.